Thirty Eight

My SM Journey
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

2 months later in February 2016...

Spring is almost here again.

The harshest part of the cold winter season had passed.

All these pain and loneliness without Chanyeol oppa too shall pass.

We skyped over the Internet just last night. But the feeling was different. Watching someone you loved moving on with their lives over a tiny 13' inch screen of the Macbook Air felt different as compared to living the life together with them. But as much as I missed him and he missed me, we couldn't be together. Not yet. Because we have other more important goals to pursue right now at this age and at this time. We both have our dreams that we wanted to accomplish.

I found a wooden table with benches on both sides in the park of my new school and sat down near one of the blooming trees. Yes, after successfully debuting under SM Entertainment with Lady'S half a year ago, I got my parents to help me with my application to transfer to a Korean school. I had also withdrew from my previous school in Singapore. After several rounds of interviews and entrance tests, I finally got a placement acceptance in my dream school, Korean National University of Arts. Junmyeon is one of the notable alumni in my new school.

I stared at the red and white mission card in my hand. Today is the first day of filming for my second reality television show, We Got Married. I was supposed to begin filming in January after I returned to Korea from New York. However, due to unforseen circumstances, my supposed virtual husband had to leave the show before the filming began. So it took the producers another month to match a new partner for me. I still have no idea who my virtual husband would be and I didn't really care either.

It's just acting. Impromptu and scriptless acting.

To be honest, I wasn't nervous at all but I had to pretend that I was, for the show. I sat on the bench and began a monologue with myself.

"Am I too early?"

"Who would it be?"

"The wait is killing me."

"Uh! I am nervous!" I said loudly as I tapped my legs against the floor, trying to warm my body. For the show, I wore a white laced long sleeved dress inside of my brown trench coat. Even though it was almost spring, the weather was still decently cold at around 5 degree celsius in the day.

Who makes a girl wait in the cold like that? How gentlemanly. I cursed silently under my breath.

There were no one else around us besides two cameramen and three producers. They had cleared the area for filming. Suddenly, at the peripheral corner of my eyes, I saw someone walking towards us.

Is that him? My new virtual husband?

I couldn't tell who it was from where I was sitting. But I could make out what he wore clearly. He wore black leather jacket with skinny blue jeans and a black timberland boots.

When he got closer, I took a good look at his face. It was none other than CNBLUE's rocker and drummer, Minhyuk. His height and his visual did not really match each other. He was tall, around 1.84 metre. But his face looked very young. He had a cute image.

I stood up as he approached. We recognised each other immediately. We met once during my first broadcast show on Running Man. Yonghwa had introduced him to me after the show.

"Hello sunbae!" I bowed 90 degree with my hands crossed together in front of me. He bowed in return and said hello too. Then we looked at each other awkwardly and burst out laughing. The atmosphere was awkward, awkward and awkward.

I guess that is how first meeting on WGM is like all the time.

"We met each other before right?" He said.

"Yes. We were on Running Man together with Yonghwa." I replied.

"Oh yes! I remembered. Uh, this is for you." He smiled as he passed me a bouquet of fresh daisies. "I did not want to meet you with empty hands."

"Thank you sunbae! I bought you some chocolates too." I said as I passed him chocolates that I got from the Harry Potter theme park.

"Wah! Harry potter!" He said as he read the packaging.

"Do you like Harry Potter too?" I asked.

"Yes! I am fan of Harry Potter." He said as we both sat down opposite each other on the park bench. We avoided eye contact because it was weird and awkward to look into each others eyes. He was staring at a space above my head and I was staring at the wooden table.

A gust of strong wind began blowing at us. "Are you cold?" He asked before standing up and taking off his leather jacket.

"Sunbae! I am fine! You don't have to take it off." I exclaimed to stop him from taking his jacket off. He wore just a thin shirt underneath. It was so thin that I could see the outline of his body beneath it.

"It's fine, I am not cold." He said as he threw his jacket over my shoulder from across the table. I held on to the rim of the jacket and thank him for his kind gestures. I felt a warm buzzing feeling spread across my body as we began chatting and getting to know each other.

"How old are you?" He asked suddenly. We were

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter