Twenty Seven

My SM Journey
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I ran back to my room immediately, still feeling dizzy from what I have witnessed at the backyard. I covered my mouth with both my hands to stop myself from sniffling loudly as I cried. I didn't understand why I was crying then. And luckily for me, nobody was awake to see me in this distressed state.

No... no... I must have been dreaming...

When I got back to my room, Gookju, whom I have yet to greet formally, was snoring loudly in her bed.

Guess I can cry freely now and she wouldn't even noticed.

I gathered my pajamas and my showering kit before running into the shower cubicle. I turned the water to its maximum and let the sound of the water drown out my snifflings. I cried my heart out because my heart was aching. I have never felt this strong sense of emotions before. Although I don't remember anything that happened between me and Sehun, I knew we had something before my memory loss. I tried to conjure those memories but it only made my headache felt worse.

Once I was done with my crying and showering, which took longer than usual because I couldn't stop the tears from falling, I went back to our room and Youngji was already in her bed. She had left the bedside lamp light on with a cup of Royal Jelly Pudding and a note beside the lamp.

It said, "Chaeyeon unnie! This is for you. :) Eat it before you go to bed okay? Loves!"

How do I hate this girl for kissing my ex-lover when she is such a nice person?

Maybe that is the reason why Sehun loved her. And not you. My inner devil had decided to appear and give her comment.

I wiped off the tears that had started to flow out again with the back of my hand. I looked from Youngji, who was sleeping peacefully in her bed to the pudding in my hand as I unwrapped its plastic packaging and ate till my heart contents.

I fell asleep immediately after.

-

"Wake up! Chaeyeon-ah!"

"The sun is shining brightly on your already!"

"Chaeyeon-ah! Chaeyeon-ah!" Someone was singing in the background.

"Mmmmmm." I answered. "Just 5 more minutes."

"It's already 10AM, Chaeyeon-ah. The rest of the family are waiting for you in the kitchen."

My eyes shoot opened as I surveyed my surroundings. I was in an unfamiliar room and there was an unfamiliar person staring at me.

Where am I? Who am I?

It took me nearly 1 minute to realize that the stranger was Gookju and I was in my new reality TV show.

"Oh! Hello!" I stretched my hand out from under the blanket and shake her hands. I rubbed my eyes as I tried to adjust to the new environment.

"You must have been very tired. What time did you come home last night?" Gookju asked in a friendly tone.

"Around 4AM I think." I yawned.

"Wow, it must be tough for you. Rookie idol from SM Entertainment, no wonder you looked so skinny! Unlike me!" She joked.

We both laughed. "Unnie, your size is perfect. I wished I was like you!"

"Aye, don't lie to me. You can't lie to your unnie like this."

"No, I am not lying!" I said before finally getting out of the bed to wash up.

"Haha, I don't believe you, skinny girl. Anyway, I will warm the food for you! See you downstairs!"

"Okay, unnie!"

-

The person - whom I really wish to avoid at all cost, was unfortunately sitting at the dining table when I came down. I wore a glassless spectacles to hide my bare makeup-less face. I still feel slightly uncomfortable to be seen by strangers without my makeup on.

"Good morning! Eliz-ssi!" Seho said when he saw me from the living room.

"Good morning oppa! Just call me Chaeyeon, it's more comfortable that way."

"Sure!" He smiled widely.

"Noona, have some scrambled eggs to go with your bibimbap. Today, the menu is western-infused bibimbap." Jackson said as he took a bowl of ready-made bibimbap from the kitchen.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter