Forty Three

My SM Journey
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Somewhere in September...

6 months later...

Chanyeol oppa is coming home today! I squealed excitedly inside as I watched Minhyuk hurried forward to take the mission card from the producers.

I can't wait for the filming to end!

"To Minhyuk and Eliz couple: to celebrate your 200 days together, please spend this lovely day together with your friends in Jeju Island." Minhyuk said as he read the mission card that the Hyesung had passed to him during the filming.

"Wow! Jeju island? Really?" Minhyuk exclaimed as his eyes lit up when he saw a pair of airtickets hiding behind the mission card. "I love Jeju!"

I, on the other hand, was seated down at the sofa of our living room in my comfortable pajamas. "Friends? Who are we going to call?" I said. "Can't we just go alone? I have never been to Jeju before."

"How about you call a few of your single and available friends while I call mine and then we can matchmake them?" He suggested.

"You mean like a double or triple date? Okay! That sounds interesting! Who are you calling?" I asked him expectantly.

He pondered for a moment. "Hmmm. I think I will call Yonghwa hyung. And maybe Woobin hyung." Yonghwa was his bandmate in CNBLUE while he became good friend with Woobin during his The Heirs drama period. "Who do you think can match them well?"

"Hmmm... I think Seulgi would match well with Woobin-ssi and Bomi would match well with Yonghwa oppa." Seulgi was my dongsaeng in SM from Red Velvet. We had recently became closer after hosting a music show together. We were both co-emcees of KBS Music Bank and we still are. Bomi, on the other hand, was from APINK. I got to know her through Taemin during one of the 93'liner idol gathering. We clicked off immediately because of her dorky and carefree personality.

"I like that! Let's give them a call now." He said, taking out his personal phone from his pocket. He dialed Yonghwa's number.

He picked up after three rings. "Uh, Minhyuk-ya. Why?"

"Hyung! Are you free next monday?"

"I need to check. What's up?"

"Chaeyeon and I would like to invite you to go on a trip to Jeju with us."

"Chaeyeon? Which Chaeyeon?"

"Yah, hyung! How many Chaeyeon do you know? It's my wife, Lee Chaeyeon!"

"Ah! I know! Chaeyeon from SM Lady'S right?"

I leaned towards the phone to greet him. "Hello, oppa!"

"Ah, Chaeyeon-ah! Hello! I didn't know that you were listening." Yonghwa laughed.

"Oppa, you are on speaker mode."

"Oh, really? Yah, Kang Minhyuk. Why didn't you tell me that. I just embarassed myself."

"Hyung, you are always an embarassment."

"Yah!!!"

Minhyuk laughed. "So are you free on monday?"

"I will check my schedule and let you know again."

"Okay, let me know soon! Bye hyung."

"Bye!"

"Bye oppa!" I quickly shouted into the phone before either one of them put it down.

"How did you know Yonghwa? I mean, did you know him personally before this?" Minhyuk asked with a tinge of jealousy in his voice.

"Oppa, are you jealous or what?" I poked his cheeks. "We met during my first flight to Korea a very long time ago. He was in Singapore for some event then. I was just preparing to travel to Korea to become a trainee in SM."

"Oh really? Now that you said that, I think he did mentioned something about a SM trainee he met on a plane before." He said plainly as he searched for Woobin's number in his phone and pressed dial.

"Hello?"

"Hyung!"

"Supz, Minhyuk-ya."

"Hyung, are you free to go Jeju Island with me next monday?"

"What? Just the two of us? Why are you so ." Woobin joked over the line.

"No! Of course not just the two of us. Chaeyeon will be coming as well with two other female friends of hers."

"Chaeyeon? Is she that Eliz from Lady'S? My guy friends are all talking about her now. She's the next 'in' idol bro."

"Yes, she is. My friends are all jealous that she got married to me." Minhyuk winked at me.

Ugh... guys... I am not that popular.

"Hello, Woobin-ssi." I greeted, not knowing how else to address him. "Oppa" is more suitable for close friends than strangers.

"Oh! Hello Eliz!"

"Nice to meet you, Woobin-ssi."

"Hyung, why don't you check your schedule and let me know again?" Minhyuk said, cutting off our awkward greetings.

"Sure sure. I will be there to befriend with your wifey. See you!" Woobin said before putting down the phone and preventing Minhyuk from scolding him.

"Ya!!!" He screamed into his phone of empty line.

I took out my phone and dialed Seulgi's number. "Hello?" She answered the phone immediately.

"Seulgi-ah! Unnie here."

"Yes, unnie! How are you?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter