Twenty

My SM Journey
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SM Entertainment To Debut A New Girl Group

According to an exclusive interview with Allkpop.com, SM Entertainment Beatburger Performance Director, Shim Jaewon has confirmed the official date of debut of a new girl group named, Lady'S.

The Lady'S Debut Showcase will be held on 30th August 2015 at the Jamsil Indoor Station, Seoul. Over 5,000 fans have already pre-ordered the tickets prior to the official ticket sales this coming Saturday. Director Shim predicts that around 20,000 fans are expected to turn up at the debut showcase event.

The Lady'S debut has been much anticipated by both the industry experts and the general public. Over the past one month, fans have been treated to a total of 20 teasers showcasing the group's many talents. 

Lady'S members include E-liz, ZY, Jieun, Hyorin, Aeyoung, Minnie and Ashley. Fans have already been familiar with them as they were once part of the pre-debut SM Rookie team and had been introduced to fans through various platforms like dramas, variety shows and youtube channels.

Lady'S debut comes right after a year of bad luck and unfortunate events of the SM Entertainment in 2014 with the lawsuit surrounding departure of Kris and Luhan, former EXO members and the departure of Jessica, former member of the Girls' Generation. Will Lady'S be able to salvage the reputation of the company? Will Lady'S be able to overcome the scrutiny of the media and the public? What would become of their seniors, Red Velvet, which debuted with little fanfare thanks to the minor downfall of SM Entertainment?

Stay tuned to Allkpop.com for more updated news.

-

Finally, my existence had been revealed to the public over the past 2 months. 3 teasers, 5 commercial films, 3 variety shows appearance and 1 web drama with EXO in just one month. I really wondered how I had managed to survive the tormenting schedules of filming, recording and practicing.

But... It's worth it all right? Tomorrow. Tomorrow the world will see us without any film or photo editing skills to save us. Tomorrow. Tomorrow we will be debuting officially.

I sat on my bed as I scrolled through the old articles of Lady'S on Allkpop.com. There was one funny article which caught my attention which talked about the correct pronounciation of the group's name.

"Is it read as Ladys? Ladies? No. According to their SM senior, Ryeowook on his radio show 'Sukira', he said it's pronounced as Lady-S. The 'S' stands for SM/y or maybe Super Junior, he joked.'

I laughed as I laid on my bed, feeling nervous and jittery about the showcase tomorrow. Each of us has also prepared a solo performance and cover. I will be covering BoA sunbae's 'Only One' with Sehun.

It will be our first stage performance together. I thought as I played with the couple chain on my wrist. Wait, I should take this out. People are going to suspect us if we both wore this chain on the stage together. Or maybe not, maybe they will think that it is just an accessory for the performance. But, Sehun has already wore it for all his performance after we got together. No, I better take it off.

I hurriedly stripped off the chain bracelet that was tied to my wrist. I will tell him, he will understand. He should understand. I hope.

I stiffled a yawn as I walked across the room to turn the lights off. Ziying had already fallen asleep from the fatigue of our preparation and she was snoring lightly. I walked back to my bed in the darkness. Only 2 months had passed but I was already very familiar with the bedroom layout. I am home.

-

The next morning, Sona woke all of us up at 8am for breakfast. We arrived at the salon at around 9am and our stylists, which was handpicked by the company, sat us down at our individual vanity table and began the ultimate makeover. Our makeover styles have been individually decided by the company. We were like puppets, taking whatever image that our company wanted us to.

It took nearly 2 hours to set our makeup, hair and dressing. By the time we were done, we were being rushed to the final showcase location for the final full dress rehearsal. Sehun was already there, waiting for us when we had arrived. He, too, was in his full makeup.

"Hey!" He said when he saw me walking into the dressing room. "How are you feeling?" He asked.

"Nothing. Just blanks. I don't feel anything yet." I replied honestly.

"It's normal. You will only feel it when you are waiting below the stage, waiting for the platform to rise up and bring you to the stage." He said casually. "Don't worry, you will do well."

I nodded. Although I have yet to feel nervous and anxious, I have lost my appetite completely. I could barely force the pure water down my throat, let alone eat a full meal.

"Are you sure you are fine?" Sona asked for the 10th time as she sat across me with her schedule book in her hand.

"Yes, I am good," I repeated the politically correct answer again. Deep down, I know that I was beginning to feel the weight of the stress and pressure on my shoulder. The success of the group, the future of the members and the reputation of the company all lie in my hand.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter