Sixteen

My SM Journey
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Since we had the rest of our sunday night off, Ziying, Stephanie and I decided that we should head to a remote cinema near the countryside to catch our first movie in Korea. Somewhere where many celebrity couples would head to for a secret and quiet movie date. Somewhere where the media and the celebrities have made a pact to ban the paparazzi from entering.

"Can I ask Junmyeon oppa to come with us? I have never caught a movie with him before."

"Sure, why not." I said while willing Ziying to stop rolling her eyes so obviously.

"You should ask Sehun to come along too." Stephanie stated as a matter of fact.

"Huh? Why should I do that?"

"Because my dear, that is what people who are dating and in love do."

"But we are not dating!"

"Stop lying to yourself."

"Fine! I will ask him out."

She grinned at her trival victory over my love life. I was about to text him when she commented, "why would you text him when he is just next door? Just walk over!"

"Fine fine fine!" I said angstily before storming out of the house.

How am I going to do this. I should just call him. I decided as I paced up and down the corridor for the fifth time. I dialed his number into my phone and waited for it to get through.

"Hello? Noona?"

"Yes! Sehun-ah, are you free tonight?"

"Yea, I am in my room now! Why?"

"Do you want to catch a movie? With my roommates. Maybe you can bring some of your friends too. Oh, Junmyeon sunbae is coming with Stephanie too."

"Ah! Great! I want to join you guys too! What time shall we meet?"

"Maybe around 8pm at the lobby?"

"Okay! See you there! We will bring car too."

-

"Is this where you guys normally go for a late night movie?" I asked as we stepped out of the parking lot into the trees. It's a forest. We are walking through a freaking forest to reach the cinema. I should have worn my dirty pair of shoes.

"Yeah, we have to park the cars here because it is more secluded and the paparazzi won't be able to spot our car and find us in the cinema." Minseok (Xiumin) said, looking back at our 9-seater van which he had borrowed from his manager.

"Minseok sunbae, so who do you normally come here with? EXO members or with other... people?" Ziying asked curiously.

"Both. Many celebrities come here for late night movie. Don't be too shock if you spot some celebrity couple that the public doesn't know!" He replied, smirking.

Minseok sunbae is the oldest member in EXO and yet he wasn't chosen to be the leader and he looked the youngest in his team. When I first saw their performance, I thought Junmyeon was the oldest since he is the leader and SM usually appoint the eldest to be the leader. So it was surprising that Minseok wasn't the leader. I guess I just have to observe to find out why.

After walking and stepping on the dead leaves and wet mud for nearly half an hour, we finally found an empty clearing. Across the clearing was a tall Megabox building. There were red "no trespassing" tapes securing most of the entrances.

I gave a curious look at Sehun, who seemed to read my mind. "The mall closed down a few years back due to poor business. The cinema is the only one that is still operating. I think the celebrities have been pumping money in every night to keep it alive."

"I don't know why but this place kind of creep me out," I said as chills went down my spine. I shivered as I felt a gush of cold wind against my body in under the hot summer night.

We walked in silence, the only sound was coming from our constant footsteps. There were about ten of us - Stephanie, Ziying, Junmyeon, Minseok, Sehun, Kyungsoo, Jongdae, Yixing (Lay), Zitao (Tao) and I. Chanyeol was busy with his music composition while Jongin had to choreograph for one of their concert items. Baekhyun on the other hand was out dating with Taeyeon sunbae at their usual car date location.

I scooted closer to Sehun because I was afraid of the dark and the silence. I tried to stop myself from trembling but I guess fear overtook my body as we were walking.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter