Forty Eight

My SM Journey
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hello Sequel!

2016

It has been exactly a year since Chanyeol and I officially confirmed our relationship. It has been exactly a year since EXO began and ended their second world tour in Seoul. Many many many things, both good and bad, have happened since.

LadyS's popularity hit a plateau immediately following our dating news. Our sponsors began avoiding the calls and many companies were hesitant to extend our endorsement contracts.

"It would be better if you lay low for a short period of time." Teacher Lee Sooman said during our emergency meeting. "SM would not be able to survive another drop in the stock price..."

"Ho-how long?" I asked timidly.

This is it. This is the end of the career that I have worked hard in building. Negative thoughts began forming in my head like plagues.

"As long as it takes for the public to forgive and forget about what you have done." He said plainly.

LadyS's activities were halted as a result. I allowed myself to be swept away with guilt. I was in a slump, refusing to interact with another human soul, refusing to unlock my door and refusing to get out of my room unless necessary.

"We don't blame you..." Jieun had told me on one of the nights when I locked myself up in the room. "... And we never will, you know that right?"

My heart clenched as my eyes began to burn. Tears were pouring out of my eyes without any control. I sobbed as if the world had ended and I was the only human left.

Members began outsourcing their schedules after LadyS's went into a hiatus. Jieun began investing in her modeling career, something that she had wanted to do ever since debuting. Ziying had gone for nearly a several thousand auditions for movies, dramas and commercials and had completed almost 3 solo projects so far. The rest of the members were deemed too young to handle their solo careers. Some had decided to continue with their studies while the others took up classes to improve their singing and dancing.

About a month of locking myself up in my own hermit cave, a psychologist visited our dormitory. She was sent to me by someone none other than my ex-manager, Sona unnie. I have not been able to contact her ever since my hiatus. I heard from Chanyeol that she was sent to manage the new SM rookie group, SR15B and had been extremely busy.

"How many times do you talk to another person for the whole of last month?" The psychiatrist, Dr Song, asked.

"Once a week, or maybe twice?" I answered half-heartedly.

He scribbled some notes on his notepad for a good 5 seconds.

"Have you been in contact with your family?" He asked again.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter