Fifteen

My SM Journey
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lunch was surprisingly less awkward that I had imagined. I have heard a lot of stories regarding how Lee Soo Man is portrayed as fatherly figure of SM Entertainment. And indeed, he is. His personalities outside of work is completely different from when he is in his office.

"Please be comfortable and call me appa if you want. I know some of you have come a long way to Korea without your family. You can just treat me as your Korean daddy," he began after everyone has settled down.

We were having a fine-dining lunch at the highest floor of SM building. This level is only opened for small internal events like this. The food are usually catered by famous hotel restaurants in the Gangnam area. Today, our lunch was catered by Mont Blant from J.W Marriot Hotel. It was a 5-course meal complete with the best western desserts I have ever seen. Despite being on diet, my manager had given me a go ahead to indulge myself today.

"Chaeyeon-ah, how are you adjusting to the life here?" Sooman appa asked as we finished our main course. I had Norwegian grilled salmon steak with garden salad and potato wedges.

"Not too bad. I love Korea. I wished I have grown up here instead."

"That's nice to hear. Are you missing your family?"

"Just sometimes when I am alone. But I am always with my roommates most of the time, so I don't feel lonely at all."

"You should date soon."

"I beg your pardon?" I nearly choked on the chocolate powder on top of the tiramisu when he said that. Huh? Is the dating clause so irrelevant?

"You should date," he repeated. "You are at your prime age, dating should comes naturally. Just don't get caught. I don't want to see you jeopardising your career with love."

"Okay, I will keep that in mind. But my dream is bigger than anything else right now."

"What about Sehun? I heard you two have been quite close recently."

"Sehun is a good sunbae that I respect a lot. I felt that even though he is a year younger than I am, he has more life experience than me."

"Love in SM always begins from sunbae-hoobae relationship," he joked. "Look at Taeyeon and Baekhyun, they are dating well."

"I suppose so..."

"Just let loose and enjoy." He smiled, signalling the end of this conversation before moving on to another conversation with another trainee.

I stared into the blank space and million thoughts ran across my mind as I ate the tiramisu mindlessly.

Do I really like Sehun? Are those late night meet ups after practices considered dates? I don't feel like a fan anymore. But am I considered his girlfriend?

"Earth to Liz," Ziying was snapping her fingers in front of my face. "Time to go!"

"Huh?" I looked around and realised everyone has already made it to the door. I hurriedly put down all my stuff and ran towards Sooman appa, just in time to bow goodbye to our founding father.

"See you guys next week! Work hard for your trainings." He said before two bulky and tall bodyguards escorted him out.

"What do we have next?" I asked Ziying when everybody else have left.

"Uh... gym. But I am too full to exercise now!" She whined.

"Maybe we should talk to Adrian about this schedule. Speaking of which, I haven't seen him since he brought me to EXO's rehearsal on my first day here. Have you seen him?"

"I heard he went back to his hometown. Some emergency happened or something."

"Sounds bad. Maybe I should text him later."

"Yeah."

We fell back into silence as we walked to the changing room to get into our gym attire - sports bra, cropped top, jogger pants and work-out shoes.

"Ready?" Ziying asked as she stepped out of her locker.

"Yep! Ever ready! Let's get fit!"

My personal gym coach is Brian Yang, he used to be a MMA fighter and is currently one of the MMA coach for fightress Song Gayeon. My coach had been working with SM artists for as long as I know.

The SM gym is located at the second highest level in SM building. It overlooks the streets of small houses between the building and the Han River. The night scenery is especially beautiful and many SM artists would book the gym to work out and enjoy the sceneries.

When we entered the gym room, we bumped into all 10 of the EXO members. Just my luck, I guess.

"Chaeyeon noona!" Sehun exclaimed as soon as he saw me and ran across the room. "Are you having your gym session now?"

"Yes, it is part of my schedule for weekend."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter