Forty Five

My SM Journey
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol's POV

I sighed deeply as I leaned against the vanity table in our dressing room. I nested my head against my arms on the table, ready to take a short 15 minute power nap before the concert. We had just finished our final full dress rehearsal an hour ago. There was about another hour left before the third concert finally begins. I had been losing sleep over the dating rumour and Chaeyeon for the past two months. It had been a nightmare.

Tonight. All these shall end.

Tonight. It's a new beginning. A turning point in my career.

Everything had went according to plan. Guitar, flowers, Tiffany & Co.'s promise ring and my men.

It would be a perfect proposal.

"Ya! Chanyeol-ah! Chaeyeon has arrived! She's on the red carpet that you set up now!" Jongdae exclaimed in delight. I jerked out of my seat and rushed to the tinted glass window of our dressing room.

There she is.

Oh my god.

She looks beautiful.

Beautiful enough to be my future bribe. I smirked as I watched her carwalked down the red carpet. She wore a short white babydoll dress under a pale grey trenchcoat. Her hands holding a black messenger bag with multiple gold studs. I watched as she shivered slightly against the strong autumn wind as she walked.

However, her usual confidence and charisma were gone. She kept her head down all the way until our concert photographer stopped her for a few photographs. She shook her head violently initially, but eventually she gave up to the cameraman's insistence.

Her face was sad. Her smile was forced. Her eyes were unfocused. She was in agony.

I felt my heart ached for a moment as I continued watching her upset expression on the red carpet that I had specially prepared for her grand entrance.

Why? Are the fans cursing her? EXO-L please don't do this. I beg you.

I watched as she bowed politely at the photographer before running into the stadium. It was then when I saw something glistening falling from her face. Her tears reflected the orangey glow from the evening sun.

My heart. It broke at the sight of her crying.

I cletched my fingers into a fist as I punched the glass window hard with all the pain that I had been enduring all these while. I punched the window again and again and again. I punched with all my heart and energy.

"YA! HYUNG! STOP! WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?" Jongin shouted as he rushed to my side and grabbed hold of both my hands. "STOP! YOU ARE HURTING YOURSELF."

I glared at him as the hot burning tears that I had been holding in since I saw her crying started streaming down my face. I wiped it off roughly with my hand, which was burning with pain as well from punching the window repeatedly.

"Ya! Chanyeol-ah! You are bleeding! Your knuckles. They are bleeding." Jongdae said as he took my hand to observe the damage done.

"Kyungsoo-ah! Hurry go grab the first-aid box from the shelves. We need to mend his wounds and cover it up with some foundation before the concert!" He instructed Kyungsoo who was standing at the far end of the room when the entire commotion happened.

"Ye-yes, hyung!" Kyungsoo replied before rushing off to find the first-aid kit.

I pulled my hands back from his grip and clutched the piece of cloth in front of my heart. I leaned against the glass window and slid down on my . I sat on the floor, holding my chest as the tears continue to fall.

"Kyungsoo-ah! Get Ken hyung here too! Chanyeol needs to touch up on his make up!" Jongdae commanded again as he reached for some tissues to dab off my tears. I had no energy left in me to reject his approach anymore. I just sat there and let everyone did what they want to do with me.

"Hyung, here. Drink some water. You will feel better." My favourite dongsaeng said as he fed me through a straw in a plastic bottle of water.

"I think he should at least rest for the first half of the concert." My manager Seunghwan hyung said as he looked at me, filled with concerns.

No. I have to go on stage. The audiences have got to see me.

Chaeyeon will be watching.

I HAVE TO BE ON STAGE.

"No, hyung. I am fine. I have to go on stage. I have to let Chaeyeon see me. I can't let her down." I said firmly. "Just touch up my make up and covered up my knuckles. I will do whatever you want if you could let me go on the stage."

"Are you sure that you can give your hundred percent in this stage?" Seunghwan questioned. "I don't want you to injure or hurt yourself because you 'have to go on stage'".

"I will be careful." I promised.

"Okay. If anything happened to you. You will be grounded for the rest of the week." He demanded.

Grounded? I haven't heard that word since I was seven.

"I understand, hyung." I said as I tried not to laugh at his seriousness.

"Okay. Now. Everyone. Stop gathering around Chanyeollie. Let the professionals do whatever they can to help him. I want the rest of you to start warming up for your performance in half an hour. Go go go!" Seunghwan ordered. "Kyungsoo-ah! Stop standing there wide-eyed and staring at Chanyeol. He will be fine. Don't worry."

-

Chaeyeon's POV

Stop being so pathetic, Lee Chaeyeon.

They don't seriously mean it.

They are just kids.

I ran str

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter