Twenty Eight

My SM Journey
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Chaeyeon-ah, how are you feeling now?" Chanyeol asked as the two of us stood in the hidden corner below the staircase of the building.

"What do you mean, oppa?" I was confused by his question.

"I saw your face when we came in to surprise you just now. You looked somewhat pleasantly shocked but upset at the same time. Did you remember something?"

I nodded as tears began to crowded between my eyelids, blurring my visions.

"I-I" I stammered. "I don't remember everything. But I had this feeling. I had this feeling that Sehun and I had a relationship before but for some reasons, I forgot about it entirely..."

I don't know how to explain but Chanyeol face looked almost like he was pitying me.

"You did have a relationship with Sehun." Chanyeol said quietly after staring at me for a good 10 seconds.

So it was true. My gut feeling was real.

"Why... What happened between us? Why is he always ignoring me now?" I cried out in frustration.

"I don't know what happened exactly. Both of you were extremely close and I could tell that you both were deeply in love so I decided to step out of the game even though I had some positive feelings for you..." He said.

"But something seemed to have changed after your debut showcase stage. I felt it. I mean, we all felt it. People who were closed to the both of you felt that something was wrong but we had no idea what happened." He continued.

"It was like watching a drama..."

By then, I was sniffling and crying hysterically. I couldn't control myself. Chanyeol reached out and wrapped his hands tightly around me. He brushed my hair slightly in attempt to calm me down. My tears were flowing incessantly, creating a wet patch on his black polaroid T-shirt.

"Don't cry, Chaeyeon-ah." He whispered.

"Oppa, why? Why am I like this? I have a stage later too. I need to be more professional. What is wrong with me?" I whined.

"It's okay to be emotional." He said. "So many things had happened over the past few weeks. It's okay for you to feel like . Idols are humans too right?"

"Don't blame yourself too hard on this. Just cry it out and you will feel better. You have a ballad later too right? Channel this emotion into your song later, okay?"

I nodded. "Thank you, Chanyeol oppa. I feel better now already." I sobbed as he offered me tissues.

"We will just wait here until you are ready to head back, okay?"

I wiped the tears with the back of hands and stood up suddenly, causing Chanyeol to jump in shock.

"No. Let's go back now. I am fine." I said firmly.

"Chaeyeon-ah," he grabbed my wrist, stopping me from running back to the dressing room. "You should take a look at yourself in the mirror. You are not okay to go back now in this state."

I paused for a moment, just staring at him and trying to process what he just said. Call us telepathic, because at that moment I knew that he had wanted me to stay not just because of my state of desperation but also because he wanted me to be with him, alone.

But I can't. Because it isn't right.

"Uh. Okay. I will go to the toilet then." I said hurriedly before disappearing into the corridors, pretending that I didn't understand his silent indirect pleads.

The cold water felt good against my burning eyelids. However, it had also washed away much of my makeup unfortunately.

Well, at least the water relieved the redness in my eyes. I just have to explain to Ken.

When I went back to the dressing room, Chanyeol was already there with the rest of the fliming crew.

"Aiggooooo! Chaeyeon-ah! Where have you been? We thought you fainted in the toilet! We were so worried! What happened to your makeup? You look like a disaster now!" Ken exclaimed when he saw me.

Sona, on the other hand, looked extremely pale and worried. "Chaeyeon-ah, are you okay? You looked sick."

"Unnie, I am fine now. I felt a little sick just now when I was in the toilet. But i am good now. Don't worry." I told Sona.

"Oppa, can you fix my makeup?" I told Ken.

"Yes please! Come honey, sit here." He said before he did his makeup wonders and miracles on my face again.

I had avoided eye contacts with Sehun and Chanyeol and also said nothing to the filming crews. They didn't seem too interested in questioning about my brief disappearance as they were too busy monitoring the recordings.

Once my makeup was done, I quickly changed into my performance outfit before the rehearsal and actual recording. Something shiny fell out from the pocket of my blazer and hit the marbled floor with a loud clinking sound. It was a gold and white bracelet. It looked extremely familiar.

Suddenly, I felt very lightheaded and faint as the once-buried memories came rushing back to me. I remembered my debut stage with Sehun, our first kiss, the fireworks, the Han River, the movie and our first meeting.

I had wore the exact same outfit during my debut showcase.

Sehun. "Sehun..." I panted weakly as I grabbed tightly against the desk next to me, trying to stop myself from falling. My other free hand found my chest as I held it there. The paparazzi. And I screamed.

-

"Chaeyeon-ah! Chaeyeon! Open the door!" Sona shouted as she banged urgently against my changing room door. "Lee Chaeyeon!"

I was still in the same position as I was before the scream. My heart was still in the burning and aching pain.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter