Forty Four

My SM Journey
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol's POV

"You can tell me honestly. I am here to help you. You can trust me. Chanyeol-ah, are you dating our Chaeyeon? Honestly." Sooman asked with a fatherly and sincere tone.

I cletched my fist under my table and nodded. "Yes, we are dating."

I am sorry, Chaeyeon-ah. I should have been more careful. I should have protected you well.

"How long have you two been together?" He propped for more.

"9 months. Since december 2015, the day before SMTOWN Concert in New York." I stated as a matter of fact.

I am sorry. I love you. But I can't protect you alone now.

He nodded understandingly. "'That is a long time for celebrities to date without the knowledge of their agency." He rubbed his fingers against his lower chin. "Does Seunghwan and Sona know about this?"

I shook my head furiously.

If Sooman appa finds out that Seunghwan hyung and Sona noona had been keeping our relationship a secret, they will get into trouble because of us. I can't do that. I can't bring them into this situation.

"Are you sure you are not lying to me, Park Chanyeol?" He prompted again.

"No, sir."

Will he try to break us apart? I am such a failure.

"So what do you suggest we do right now? I am sure you have been in the industry long enough. You should know better than me. You should know what the public and your fans expect of you and your actions." He questioned expectantly.

"Uhm..."

Does that mean that he is not going to break us apart? Does that mean that Chaeyeon and I can still be together? He wants me to decide for myself?

The truth is, I haven't thought about it. I thought for a moment.

"I want to date Chaeyeon publicly." I said firmly without weighing the pros and cons of my decision.

This time, I will just follow my heart. And my heart tells me to stay with Chaeyeon.

"If we confirm the rumour now, maybe the media will stop digging for more evidences. They will stop disturbing Chaeyeon..."

"But you do understand the consequences, don't you?" He asked again. "For both you and Chaeyeon? Do you think that it would be fair to her? No more privacy. Everything you do with her will be scrutinised, the whole world will know. Not forgetting your EXO-L fans. Remember what they did to Taeyeon after Baekhyun insisted to go public with their relationship?"

"I will protect her. I promise I will do a better job than Baekhyun. Sooman appa, please. Just let me do this. Let me go public with her. I will think of a way to make it a good revelation. I will get the public to give us blessings for our love." I begged as I kneeled down in front of the SM founder.

He was unfazed by my sudden plead. "Then, tell me. How do you plan on making it a good revelation?"

An idea came to my mind. It all clicked. It was like a lightbulb lighting up in my head, giving me a sudden glimpse of hope. "EXO concert. We are holding our third concert soon right? I will bring Chaeyeon along. Make her appearance as an audience as obvious as possible. Then, I will confess to her. I will confess to my fans. I will tell the world that I have fallen in love with my childhood best friend. I will make it sweet. So sweet that the world would melt under my feet. I am sure the fans would react positively to that."

"Hmmm..." Sooman said as he considered my suggestion seriously. "Park Chanyeol, I am honestly quite surprised by your suggestion. But I think that could work too. We can use your popularity to push hers up as well. She's just gaining recognition for her talents. I will need to have a private chat with the WGM representatives so that we can end her segment before your concert. As for now, just lie low. Get Chaeyeon to maintain a low profile as well. Until your concert, that is."

He picked up his phone and dialed for his secretary. "Call MBC Hyesung, tell her that I would like to have a private chat with her and her team of WGM crew members."

He then turned back his attention to me. "You may leave now, Park Chanyeol. No more SNS updates for the next two months. No more public appearance for the next two months as well. Thats the least you have got to sacrifice for your love."

"Thank you, Sir." I said as I stood up to leave the room. But before I closed the door behind me, I went back in and said, "thank you for believing me and having faith in me."

Sooman nodded and smiled.

-

The next morning...

[Breaking]EXO unveiled third solo concert in Seoul 2016

SM Entertainment has officially announced a third solo world tour concert for their popular boy band, EXO during an exclusive press conference this morning, after the boys returned from their one-year long America promotions yesterday.

This news came admist the scandal revolving around EXO's Chanyeol and Lady'S leader Eliz, both labelmates in SM Entertainment. Netizens have voiced out their opinions on various SM's SNS sites, many questioned the real purpose of unveiling a third concert. Many netizens suspected that it was a move by the agency to cover up the two labelmates' relationships.

The upcoming concert - EXO PLANET #3 - will kick off on 27 November 2016 at the Seoul Olympic Gymastics Arena in Jamsil.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter