Seven

My SM Journey
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Did you pack enough clothes?" Sella asked as she volunteered to help me with my packing. "Did you bring your medication? Do you need any cooking sachets? Laksa sauce? Bakuteh packets?"

"Yes, yes, yes. I already have it all. I can't fit anymore stuff into my luggage. It's almost overweight!"

"Don't worry, if you missed out anything, just drop me a text. I will mail them over."

This was actually one of the rare few times when my best friend showered me with more care and love than for her puppies and make up. I gave her the "you-know-I-love-you" look and then proceeded to give her sloppy kisses on her cheeks.

Sella and I have known each other for more than 15 years. Our friendship began when we were neighbors before her family moved to a bigger house 10 years ago.

"Yucks! Go away!" She screamed and pushed me away.

"You know I love you right?" I asked innocently.

"Yes, but please I am not gay."

"Neither am I." I threw a pillow at her, pretending to be angry before moving on to my luggages.

"Help me pick out my airport outfit. I need to have a good airport fashion for first impression."

Being a perfectionist and a fashionista, she picked a acid-washed ripped skinny jeans to pair with a white and black strips tight cropped top. "Because it accentrates my small waist and skinny legs," she said.

"Where's your black leather jacket that I bought for your birthday last year?" She asked as she rumbled through my remaining clothes.

"Ta-da! This would look perfect on you!" She exclaimed while holding up a pair of maroon ankle boots with short heels and the black leather jacket she bought.

"Sounds good." I replied nervously as the thought of leaving my comfort zone engulfed me.

"Are you ready to go?" My mother shouted from downstairs.

"Almost there! Give me 15 minutes to change!"

I grabbed the clothes that Sella has picked out for me and speed changed into it. I applied a thin layer of make up - light foundation with thin eye liner, mascara and lip balm - before rushing out to grab my bag and luggages.

"Passport, wallet, air tickets and my phone. Am I missing anything?" I asked to no one in particular.

"Your watch! And your perfume!" My best friend replied. "And this chain necklace!"

"Oh yes! Thank you! What do I do without you?"

She helped me to bring my luggage into the car at the ground level before hugging me.

"I can't send you to the airport so I shall say goodbye to you here. All the best for your future endeavour my bestest friend. This card is for you. Only read it when you are on your flight!" She shoved a pink envelope into my hand before hugging me one last time.

"Time to go," my father rushed.

"Bye bye Sella." I said, holding back tears and I slammed the car door shut.

It only took about 10 minutes to Changi Airport because we stayed in the East side of Sin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter