Twenty Five

My SM Journey
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"There will be reporters waiting outside for you. Just keep quiet and smile prettily, don't answer any of their questions, you get me?" Sona asked as she helped me with my packing.

Today I'm going home! Or the dormitory to be more specific. I missed my members and my bed! Wheeeeee! I was excited to be finally discharged from the hospital after two weeks.

"Yes," I replied nonchalantly. "Does my makeup look okay? Unnie, do I still look too pale and unhealthy?"

"You look fine," my manager replied without looking up.

"Unnie, you are not even looking at me, how do you know that I look fine?" I argued as I pressed my palm against my white blouse to smooth away the crimples. I had it paired with my navy blue skinny jeans and my favourite black and white New Balance sneakers model 578.

"Because you still looked the same despite being sick." She frowned, "I think you are not even human. How do you even maintain your skin complexion while in the hospital?!" She exclaimed as she reached out to touch my face.

I hit her hand away, "unnie!!! You are messing up my make up!" I cried.

"Okay fine." She returned to the packing. She stopped when she found the EXO photobook that Chanyeol and Jongdae had dropped at the hospital the previous time they came for a visiting.

She stood there, just flipping through the pages before asking me, "have you actually looked through this?"

"Nope, not really. I was too busy watching the Korean dramas. Hehe!"

"Did you know that they all wrote their 'get-well-soon' message for you in this photobook?"

"Huh? Really?" I rushed forward and snatched the photobook out of her hand. I wasn't sure whoes messages I was excited to see but I took it anyway. My heart was beating fast as I flipped to the last page directly where Sona had pointed to before.

"Hello Chaeyeon-ah! Oppa hope that you will recover very soon! Take good care of yourself please! -Minseokie"

"To Chaeyeon: Chaeyeon-ah! Hwaiting! Just drop oppa a call if you need anything. I will be there! Ppyong! -Junmyeonie"

"Chaeyeon noona! Please get better so that we can have a dance battle together! Loves, -Jongin"

"My singing buddy, hurry get out of the hospital and sing with me! -Baekhyunnie"

"Chaeyeon-ah, Chaeyeon-ah, Chaeyeon-ah. I missed calling you that and disturbing you everyday at the company. Meet up and get well soon! -Kyungsoo"

"Chinggu, how can you leave me working alone :( -Zitao"

"Get well soon! Chaeyeon-ah! -Yixing"

"Chaeyeon-ah, we know that you will be very bored in the hospital. This photobook will accompany you since your oppas are all too busy to visit now! Get well! -Jongdae"

"Chae Chae Chae Yeon ah ah ah! I will give you some happy virus now! Get well soon! -Chanyeollie"

I counted the messages. 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9... Someone's well wishes message is missing. EXO has 10 members right? But who is missing?

I counted the messages again. Nope, still 9.

For some reasons, my heart felt disappointed but I have no idea why. I felt empty even though I was very touched by their well wishes. Even though I started off having a very awkward relationship with each of the EXO members when I first joined the company, our friendships have developed throughout my trainee and pre-debut days. I am always thankful for their care and concern during my most stressful times.

I sighed unconsciously and slammed the book shut. For some reasons, my behaviour seemed to have caught Sona's reaction.

"What?" She asked.

"What?" I replied, equally confused.

"Why were you sighing?"

"I have no idea," I said as I pointed at my brain using my index finger. "Memory loss?" I mouthed.

Sona finished up the last bit of the packing left and zipped up my trusty duffle bag. "Time to go! Remember, don't answer any question. Look pretty."

"K." Sometimes Sona's incessant reminders annoyed my members and I. We all understood that she meant well, but we just can't seem to comprehend that.

I opened the door of my hospital room and said, "after you."

Finally! Goodbye hospital! I won't miss you!

I skipped happily across the corridor and out of the hospital. I skidded to a stop outside the hospital when I saw a big group of reporters rushing towards me and shouting a tons of questions.

Look pretty and smile! I reminded myself as I felt Sona pushing me forward from behind.

"How are you feeling, Eliz!"

"When will you be appearing on the stage again?"

"We heard that Chanyeol and Chen came to visit you last week! What are your relationships with the two of them?!"

"Are you getting cozy with the EXO members?"

Just pretend you didn't hear anything and walk to the car! I told myself inwardly although I was tempted to turn around and tell them off for invading my privacy. I knew nothing good would come out of that even if I tried.

Luckily, the company van was parked near the entrance of the hospital. Sona and I boarded immediately and Sona slammed the van door shut behind her. The screamings from the reporters were completely drowned out.

-

We stopped by a Chinese retaurant on our way back to the dormitory. It was the most famous restaurant amongst the Chinese nationals. It sold only authentic Chinese dishes that were neither Jjajangmyeon nor Jjambbong. My members and I frequently ate here after our late night practices.

"Welcome back!" My gang shouted as I entered one of the private rooms in the restaurant for dining. Sona had made sure that I was the first one to walk through the door because they had apparently planned this surprise dinner party yesterday.

I jumped in surprise as I gawked at the party in front of me. All of my members were there and so were some of the SM seniors and the staffs.

"Omg, I totally didn't foresee this." I said while still in shock.

"Aren't you touched? We took time off our schedules and cancelled our plans just to welcome you back!" Baekhyun shouted.

"Of course I am touched! Thanks for the signed DVD and photobook too!"

"Glad you are finally out of the hospital!" Junmyeon grinned. "Let's dig in guys!"

"Unnie! Come over here and sit with us!" Jieun was waving me over to the seat beside her.

"Wow, I must have forgotten how Chinese food taste like! It's so delicious as compared to what I had for lunch!" I ate hungrily, forgetting about my debut diet.

"Cha, everybody! Look over here! I am going to take a photo for my instagram!" Chanyeol shouted through the catering with a selfie stick in one hand and his camera phone on the other.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter