Chapter 9- Aftermath

Bodyguard Boyfriend- chapter 36 updated!!
Please log in to read the full chapter

    Joong Ki’s eyes fluttered open exactly at 7. It might be his body clock, which everyone has, waking him up for another challenging day but it also might be because of the weird feeling of having someone, a girl in fact, curled up close that he could feel her slow yet peaceful breathes hitting his neck sending slightly cold shivers down his spine. He wanted to wake her up but there’s a part of him that held back, wanting to admire her face that was so breathtaking without any nasty scowl or firm lips to take away that innocent sweet look.

     He shifted closer, if that was any possible so he could savor more of her warm body heat in the bitter cold air. Up close, he could see more of her features, from her perfectly trimmed eyebrows, her naturally curled eyelashes, her smiling eyes, her high cheekbones down to her nose and pink lips. Soon, he found his hand crept up to her face, his fingers slowly brushing away the strand of hair that blocked him from viewing her to the fullest.

     He can feel her heart beating the same rhythm as his via his shirtless body and the thin robe clinging on her. “Chae Won ah, wake up. We have school today” he shook her shoulders lightly. Two, no three gestures later, her eyelids flickered open and her pupils focused on his face. Her eyebrows creased slightly, -as she always keep that straight expression of hers, but enough for him to notice, - when the image she saw in her eyes were blurry. Joong Ki threw a sweet smile at her and that moment; she realized she was in his arms, their bodies pressed against each other.

     She’s a girl. She might be cold, full of power and mystery emitted from her every move but she’s still a girl and she couldn’t help blushing at that position. Not even Sang Yeob had been that close to her before and Joong Ki was her first. She tried her hardest to cover that blush as she slowly rose up and tighten her hold on her robes, while telling herself that whatever happened didn’t matter.

     “Joong Ki ah, gomawo. You’ve been by my side and you definitely calmed me down. I guess I was traumatized and confused last night” she gave a little bow and paused, looking directly in his eyes which sent soft gaze in hers “I’ll take a bath first but I won’t be long so you can have your time” she walked out of the room and headed to her own.

     Joong Ki was in the middle of deciding whether he should follow her to ‘their’ own room or wait for a while and he chose the latter. He slumped back on the bed and stare at the beautifully carved plaster ceiling, with very detailed leaves, flowers and even a smiling face or two of elves. His mind flew to her, the only one who made him crazy enough to lose his mind and agreed to work as a bodyguard even though his future was already written in a document years ago, when he was just an infant. She’s the only one who he vowed to protect without knowing why. It’s not like there have any relations with each other but he knew that the very day he set his eyes on her; he would do anything to protect her.

     “Moon Chae Won” he whispered her name slowly as if it was as fragile as she was. He touched his chest where an unfamiliar ache attacked. “Why am I so concern of you? I’m even willing to put my reputation in danger just for you. Right now, I can’t stop thinking of you, worrying about you” he looked at the picture of Chae Won on the side table. Finally, after some while staring at her picture, he started to shiver as the chilly air hit every part of his bare body. He took his shirt hanging by the cupboard and walked out to ‘their’ room with a thousand questions running wildly in his head.

          “Pray dear, tell me. What happened last night” Mr. Moon’s loud pompourous voice boomed out in the dining room. From that place, they can clearly hear the commotion outside as every one of their maids and butlers tried to control the frenzied media. Joong Ki’s eyes averted from the egg rolls in his plate to Chae Won, expecting her to answer but she kept her head low, ignoring every stare she received from the others.

     Mr. Moon however, did not stop glaring at her, as if his glare can create a hole in her head. Seconds and minutes passed when she finally looked up and answered “What do you think appa? Even the media knows what happened to me. How could you not? Did she keep you under a rock?” she replied sarcastically and amused Joong Ki. It was his first time hearing her talking with a different intonation though her face expression stayed the same.

     “You are well inform that speculations will fly around. Not everyone will take it as a normal robbery. News about you misbehave have filled the internet” Mr. Moon said again and her head snapped at him.

     “And? Is it suppose to be my fault the robbery accured? I knew about it. I can read the blogs myself. People have been saying I got myself in trouble because of my relationship. People said that Joong Ki isn’t a proper guy for me. People said he is involved in various black market activities. People said I met the wrong guy. But what am I supposed to do? How am I supposed to shut their mouth shut? As my father, you should be more concern about me! Am I traumatized? Am I okay? You’re not supposed to be bothering with all those speculations just because it can affect your reputations” Chae Won snapped. She glared at Jae Hee who secretly snickered at her and stormed out of the dining room.

      Joong ki averted his eyes from her and faced the raging man in front of him. “Mr. Moon, I want to apologize on Chae Won’s behalf. I’ll talk to her but I really hope that you can shrug off  those rumours. I know that it will affect you and I promise that we’ll stay out of trouble” he bowed and exited the dining room, carrying his and Chae Won’s bags. Chae Won might be really pissed off or she was really into her character as a lovesick heiress.

     As soon as Joong Ki was out of view, Jae Hee scooted nearer to Mr. Moon. “Jagiya, I saw some comments earlier on my twitter. They said we both failed as parents, we can’t control her. I’m so depress” she looked down and played with her fingers “We’re supposed to attend the gala night of Gu Han Enterprise tonight. You know that every important people in the industry will be there, how are we suppose to act?” she was just throwing fuel on the raging fire. Mr. Moon who was just about to cool down after he saw his daughter’s hurted eyes, changed back to selfish man.

     “I don’t know what to do. That boy looks decent enough and he comes from a good family background. But what if the rumors are true? He might not be as nice as he seems” he sighed and continued eating.

     A smile crept on Jae Hee’s face “Don’t you see it jagiya? He’s trying to take her away. He’s a bad influence to her. Chae Won never t

Please log in to read the full chapter