Chapter 29- Complicated Love

Bodyguard Boyfriend- chapter 36 updated!!
Please log in to read the full chapter

Update for the first week of December^^ I’m loving the holidays now<3 School’s starting in January.. oh and in case you don’t remember, Cho Ko never knew her brother had to act as Chae Won’s boyfriend as well. She thought he merely was a bodyguard. 

“Unnie! OMG! I can’t believe this!” Cho Ko screamed excitedly, jumping up and down. Jae Gil smiled and bro-hugged Joong Ki; his towering figure made Joong Ki seemed so short. Joong Ki then intertwined his hand with Chae Won.

“I can’t believe this! You’re so naughty oppa! You should protect unnie not seduce her! Arghhh! I’m so happy” the young girl continued squealing as she sat next to Jae Gil. Next to the beaming Joong Ki, Chae Won smiled awkwardly.

According to Chae Won’s birthday wish, the vacation would include Cho Ko and Lady Song. Somehow, she had to agree that Jae Gil get to tag along after hours enduring Joong Ki’s whines, insisting that Jae Gil was his other half.

But every act has its consequences. They had to create another lie so no misunderstandings would occur. They told the two clueless lovebirds that fell for each other after a few months working together. To Mr. Moon and Jae Hee, they once created lies about meeting in Melbourne. Only Sang Yeob knew the truth other than Chae Won and Joong Ki themselves.

“Unnie, oppa didn’t mention anything about dating you when he called last week. He just said that he’s taking us to the mountains in spring with your family. Oppa is just so selfish, keeping you for himself. But whatever, now I have you! My partner in crime! We can set oppa’s hair on fire” Cho Ko laughed, hugging Chae Won’s arm. Chae Won had no idea what reaction should she show so she just sported a smile.

Honestly, she didn’t think she can keep up with Cho Ko’s hyperactive behavior, her shrill voice and her arms; always prying on Chae Won’s. Plus, why would she put Joong Ki’s hair on fire? Yeah, Chae Won was the girl with no sense of humor. She thought Cho Ko was mean to have sinister intentions on her brother. A part of her was touched by Cho Ko’s bubbliness. It made her felt appreciated and loved.

Realizing Chae Won’s uncomfortable reaction, Joong immediately called the other inside. Once they were walking towards the front door, he gently knocked Cho Ko’s head, earning soft whines from the younger girl.

Breakfast in Chae Won’s life was never like the one she had that day.

“Dude! I bet that I can run uphill faster than you do”

“How dare you! Fine, who loses needs to wash the dishes for the whole vacation”

The two guys; of course, Joong Ki and Jae Gil; was boisterous around each other. They placed crazy bets, teased Cho Ko and shared corny jokes.

“Yah shortie! If you eat some more of those tarts, your cheeks will match the ones of a chipmunk”

They teased Cho Ko somewhere in between their conversations and the young girl told Chae Won their embarrassing moments in return.

“Oppa can’t walk for a week after that. On that day onwards, he can never outrun Jae Gil oppa” Cho Ko ended the story and everyone laughed. Joong Ki immediately stood up to defend himself. “Yah! I just placed a bet that will determine my future. Of course I’ll win”

Lady Song went along quite well with Ji Reum, despite the different back ground and status. They found interest talking about the perfect wedding for their children in the future. Lady Song was the ultimate organizer; forever planning, even the future. Ji Reum was a day dreamer, always wanting to fulfill her dreams without effort. They were an odd pair but they managed to come out with some very good ideas.

Jae Hee was an outcast, clearly not interested in the topic of Chae Won’s wedding. She spent time dotting on Mr. Moon who was listening attentively to the ladies’ plans for his daughter. After all, Chae Won was his one and only daughter.

As for Chae Won, she was her usual self. She would listen and respond whenever needed. But she was happy and comfort embraced her like a blanket of dawn. It was peaceful. Sure the puzzle of a perfect family gathering was still unfinished, with Sang Yeob skipping breakfast due to certain reasons and Jae Hee being there. But it was enough to make her happy. All the while, Joong Ki held her hand underneath the table.

She loved that. She loved that very much.

The journey to the mountains was smooth and the sun seemed to shine their way. It took two hours to reach their campsite, half an hour to check in the cabins plus unloading the luggage- they don’t have to because of the RV but Jae Hee insisted that sleeping in the bunks will hurt her back- and by the time they were done, it was already 4 in the evening. The youngsters went for a walking trip through a designated track of 2km while the elderly volunteered to make dinner; the classic barbeque.

Chae Won preferred to walk with Joong Ki but she couldn’t resist Cho Ko’s request so she ended up next to the young girl. Joong Ki and Jae Gil stuck together, like a pair of twins while Sang Yeob… well, he just went along. The others treated him like one of them so it was not awkward or uncomfortable.

It was Chae Won’s first hiking trip and she enjoyed every second of it. The flowers already bloomed to their fullest, the colours and hues was indeed spectacular. They were lucky enough to catch glimpses of a few wood animals. They were rabbits, wild squirrels and of course lots of colorful birds.

At the end of the hiking path was a beautiful temple with delicate Korean touches. Not only that, the temple was surrounded by the most beautiful garden any of them had ever set eyes on. Being the smart one, Cho Ko had brought a mat with her and a few pieces of bread. They ended up sitting by the garden pond while eating. The exhaustion was nothing compared to the serenity they had indulged in that evening. There was nothing to regret. Not even the sore feet and worn out limbs can change that.

They reached the base camp back when it was already eight at night. The sun had long set down and the first thing that greeted them was Mr. Moon’s angry face. He made it clear that they can only go for another trip in the morning because he could not afford losing his one and only daughter.

The food that night was delicious. To be honest, Mr. Moon’s grilling skills had gone rusty so the food was burned. The only reason why it was edible was because he let them on fire for too long so none of it was still raw and the fact that the maids were the one that marinated the food. So it was pretty good. Unless you bite the hard black part, it was still considered okay.

The trip made them hungry so they pretty much gobbled everything served to them. Unlike the enthusiastic youngsters, the elders and Sang Yeob ate in their won room, complaining about the flying insects outside. “I can’t believe those spoilsports. Why would you come to the woods if you don’t enjoy nature to the fullest” Jae Gil grumbled and broke another piece of chicken.

“Dude! That’s why we’re the best. We’re not prissy city kids that knows nothing. Even though the love of my life here is a total city girl, she’s adventurous and sporting. Look! She doesn’t mind sitting on the logs with us” Joong Ki bragged, putting his arm over Cha

Please log in to read the full chapter