Chapter 21- Insights to Her Heart

Bodyguard Boyfriend- chapter 36 updated!!
Please log in to read the full chapter

Hi sorry for not updating last week cause I kept adding stuffs in this chapter. Plus, I don’t get many comments so I thought not many people are interested so I can put it on hold for a while. Can you guys please comment since this is my favorite chapter?<3 I'll update after more than 5 comments

 

     Chae Won walked confidently towards her father’s office. Inside the confident prideful look, was a very nervous young girl, her legs shaken and goose bumps appearing on her skin. She took a calming deep breath and pushes the cold glass door.

     “Good morning, Mr. Moon” she greeted and bowed, never forgetting the honorifics rules her father set. Cold sweat appeared on her forehead but she held on tight to Joong Ki’s words. ‘You just have to face the music’.

     Mr. Moon took one look at her and cringed with the looks of disgust. “You’ve disappointed me. Right now I will reconsider my decision in letting you to join the board of directors, and even managing your own project. Hand it over to Jae Hee and you can continue your desk work again” he ordered without looking at her.

     “Appa  no!” she nearly screamed at his words. All her hard work, all her efforts can’t just burn to ashes. “Appa  please, I have my own reasons to do that. Song Industries offers great opportunities to this project. It’s my first project and I wanted it to be perfect” she said in panic, her usually calm expression turned horrified. She even forgot the honorifics rule.

     “Miss Moon, first of all, you did not discuss anything with any of the board directors. That deal worth billions of dollars, plus the deal to transport it all over the world. We gave you choices from taffeta, cotton and silk but Song Industries wanted more. You had just signed a deal that requires silk from different parts of the world, material that costs a fortune, lace made by hand. You initial main target used to be teenagers but now you’ve gone over the limits. Secondly, the global market for exquisite dresses went down recently. Elite classes wanted to show public that they’re aware of reusing their outfits especially when the Duchess of Cambridge reused a lot of her dresses. Other than that, we had prepared a sum of money for you but now we have to spent more just because of that piece of paper you signed”

     “Appa, I… I can cut off the deal. It’s just Joong Ki’s mother. I’m her only future daughter-in-law” she forced a laugh.

     “Song Ahn Young is very serious about her proposals especially when it comes to her son, don’t you think? Breaking off a very big deal like that one and she can sue us twice the amount! WHAT WAS THE USE OF SENDING YOU FOR COMMERCE STUDIES ALL THIS WHILE IF YOU CAN’T THINK? IT WAS A CRYSTAL THING THAT THING PROJECT WILL BRING US DOWN ONE WAY OR THE OTHER” he roared and Chae Won fell to her knees. Tears were on the edge of falling and a huge lump stuck in .

     “I’m sorry appa but please don’t kick me out the project. I promise to make it work” her once confident voice turned down to a mumble as silent tears flowed don her milky cheeks.

     “I’m afraid it’s up to the board of directors, Miss Moon. I can’t do anything. Remember, I’m the boss and you’re the employee. That’s all” he turned around, trying not to face his daughter broken to pieces. Somehow, as a father that lived 19 years with her, he felt a sharp pain looking at her condition. The proud Moon Chae Won that seemed unaffected by everything is now on her knees, begging.

     Tears flowed down Chae Won’s cheek rapidly and she grabbed her father’s legs and hugged them tightly. “MOON CHAE WON LET GO OF MY LEG! I HAVE NEVER TAUGHT YOU TO BE THIS LOW!” Mr. Moon yelled.

     The door suddenly swung opened and Joong Ki came striding in. He pulled her to her feet and stood in front of her, as if he was the barrier to protect her against all the evilness in the world.

     “I’m sorry for interrupting sir but I can’t let her do this anymore” he bowed politely at Mr. Moon and pulled her outside despite her trashing against his hold.

 

     “Here, take it” he smiled at her. Chae Won looked at him, her sad eyes wandered across his face before accepting the cotton candy in his hand. He was worried when she didn’t utter a single word since they left the premises.

     “I’ll talk to my mother about this matter okay? I’ll make sure you get to keep the project. Don’t worry” he lifted her chin slightly and gave her his most assuring smile. She mouthed thank you and bit into the candy, her eyes again wandered away.

     “Chae Won ah, I hate being ignored… It’s been a while since we went out for a date right? Aren’t we suppose to savour this moment together?” he pouted, trying to look cute so she will pay attention to him. “I know… I feel useless now. I can’ help it” she replied. His head was running wild, trying to figure something they can do I that winter so he can cheer her up.

     “Chae Won ah! Why don’t we go out with your mother today? Since they both of us are playing truant…” he raised his eyebrows, acting like he just gave the best suggestion in the whole world. The look in her eyes changed at the mere mention of spending time with her mother. “Can you contact her now?” she looked up at him.

 

     “Joong Ki ah, look at this one. Isn’t it perfect on me?” Ji Reum grabbed her ‘future-son-in-law’ next to her and showed him the black hair band on her head. “Yup, it looks good on you. And this one looks good on Chae Won” he place a glittery rabbit ear hair band on her.

      “You’re right. That thing makes her look less scary” Ji Reum laughed and ruffled Chae Won’s head. “I’ll go and pay for this okay?” she went to the counter and left the pair alone by the rack. “It’s good to see that smile on your face but can’t you like smile like other beings and be less zombie like?” Joong Ki asked, purposely teasing Chae Won.

      She rolled her eyes at him and continued inspecting the trinkets on sale. “You still look sad. Do you want me to buy you something? The last time I buy you something was the stuffed lion and that was before I have to follow you everywhere. What about… earrings?” he continued to blabber before picking up a pair of giant loop earrings and modeled them next to his ears.

     “Stop it Joong Ki, you look funny” she smiled at him, clearly touched at his efforts to cheer her up. “Or maybe this one” he picked up a feathery one and modeled them. He gave a sigh of relieve to see her smile becoming more visible at that moment. “I’m serious now, no more jokes. I’m buying you earrings. I think this one will look great on you” he picked up a pair silver diamond studded earrings and showed it to her.  Automatically, she leaned closer so he can modeled it to her ears without realizing how sweet they look from the eyes of others.

     “Yup, it looks great on you. Remember, like that lion, you have to put it in a place that you can see all the time. Hmm… and wear it every day except big functions where you have to dress up from top to toe. It’s cute so it won’t look so out

Please log in to read the full chapter