Chapter 27

Bodyguard Boyfriend- chapter 36 updated!!
Please log in to read the full chapter

Update for 3rd week of November. Please note that this is the second update of the day. Do read the previous chapter before proceeding on this one. All inconvenience are purely unintentional. I’m sorry T_T

His eyes went wild, searching desperately for her petite figure. He was already panting from the running but his mouth still chanted her name in whispers.

His heart skipped a bit when he saw a dainty figure next to a big trash can. His long strides came to a halt and he observed the figure. It can’t be Yoo Bi. Lee Yoo Bi would never get caught alive even a meter from a trash can.

It took him a while to decipher that the dainty crouching figure was indeed her. He was in denial but his mind knew her to well to dismiss that girl. He knew Yoo Bi long enough to remember the way she crouched whenever they played hide and seek and the way her sharp shoulders slumped when she was miserable.

Before he knew what was happening, he took small steps towards her. He was actually scared. He was scared of what had happened to the ‘oh-I’m-so-mega-rich’ girl who was obsessed with romance dramas and novels. From what he knew, she was far too spoilt to even walk in the current neighborhood they were at that time.

“Yoo Bi ah?”

He finally found his voice after standing next to her for a few minutes. “Oppa!” the figure looked up at him and in a blink of an eye; she had her arms around his neck. He was convinced that it was in deed, Yoo Bi from the familiar flowery scent of her hair. She was sobbing hard on his shoulders.

His hands slowly touched her hair, feeling its silkiness despite being matted to a frenzy state. “Yoo Bi ah” slowly, he got out from his trance.

“Yoo… Yoo Bi ah, did they do anything to you?” he pushed her body a little too harshly from his own. He did not even realize how his hands were clutching her shoulders tightly and how he slightly jerked her body. His heart felt like it was ripped to pieces when his gaze fell on her face.

Gone was the dainty sweet fashionista, who would smile and talk about romance, who looked like a glamorous angel. Instead, he was facing a shattered young woman, her small frame made her look so frail and fragile as if she could break to pieces. Tears and dirt stained her pretty face. Her clothes… were ripped and badly tattered; no one would have guessed that they were once worth thousand dollars.

.

That single word came across his head due to her condition and he instantly felt dizzy. His whole body seemed to stop functioning. “Y-Yoo Bi, they didn’t do anything to you right?” he asked again when his inquiry receive no response from the later. This time, his tone went from frenzied, to tender, trying to hide the rage in him. How he loved to mar the face of those who dared to hurt her. How he would enjoy making them suffer, until the point they drop on their knees and beg.

She could only sob as a reply, her pretty mouth unable to form any words. As an act of pure concern, Sang Yeob pulled her into his arms and made soothing sounds, his hand still caressing her locks.

Minutes later, her sobs decreased and her body stopped shaking.

“Yoo Bi ah, tell me” he gently cooed into her ears even though his insides were raging to know what had happened. “They- They tried to but I re- remembered the steps Joong Ki t-taught before. I managed to run b-but I can’t go any further. I sprained my ankle” silent tears flowed down to her cheeks as she narrated the incident in the simplest way possible.

Jealousy shot in every nerves he had. Song Joong Ki, he just had to be everywhere, right? Joong Ki need not be anywhere near Yoo Bi but he could still be the hero in the end.

Jealousy was threatening to cloud his mind. Luckily, Yoo Bi’s sobs brought him back to reality. he quickly examined at her ankle. ‘Joong Ki did what he was supposed to. I should be thankful that he taught Yoo Bi basic martial steps too. At least, no harm came upon Yoo Bi’

He pulled off his coat and wrapped it around the shivering girl, ignoring the chilly air that bit his skin mercilessly. He pulled her to her feet and assisted her to his car. “It’s okay Yoo Bi. You’re safe now. I’ll send you to the hospital. You’re always safe with me”

Joong Ki whistled as he walked in the hospital corridor. He managed to sneak out of the office for half an hour and took a walk in the market when he found a very cute pink hair band with cat ears on top. Of course Song Joong Ki would buy it to taunt his ‘girlfriend’. So at that moment, he was on cloud nine as he walked towards her room, his hand clutched the hair band tightly behind his back.

As soon as he step a foot in her ward, he had to stifle his giggles. The scene he witnessed was truly a sight to behold. Chae Won was trying her best to push away Ji Reum’s hands, while the older woman was trying her best to force food in Chae Won’s mouth. The best part of all, they can’t make any sounds due to Chae Won’s hearing, so practically Joong Ki was watching a hospital version of silent wrestling between a mother and daughter.

The fact that Chae Won was unable to talk in her usual authoritive tone actually tickled his funny bone. He fished out his phone and typed a text to her. ‘Yah, why don’t you eat? It’s not like you have a major operation or any illness that kills your appetite’.

Her eyes lit when she felt her phone buzzed. She immediately reached for her phone and held it in front of her like it was a shield, indicating that she wanted to read the text first. Ji Reum rolled her eyes and retreated, letting her stubborn daughter free for a moment.

The younger female’s eyes scanned the text before her diligent fingers typed out the reply ‘Hospital food is worst than goo. Besides, I’m waiting for appa. Why won’t he visit me? How can I eat when I’m worrying about him?’

Joong Ki gulped when he read her reply. She would definitely slaughter him if she ever finds out that her father was admitted in the same hospital, just a few floors below her due to heart attack. ‘What if I feed you?’ to change the topic and also escape the verdict, Joong Ki asked her one of his most awkward questions ever.

Before she had any chance of denying his request, he went over to her bed, plopped right next to her and grabbed the utensils to feed her, much to Ji Reum’s happiness for sure. She mouthed a q

Please log in to read the full chapter