Chapter 4- The Plan

Bodyguard Boyfriend- chapter 36 updated!!
Please log in to read the full chapter

     Sang Yeob lifted up the second bag and put it in the car boot. Then he went to take the numerous plastic bags of food given by the school. “Ahjussi, this is the best dried apple and this is the best mandarin oranges from Jeju” Cho Ko came running with another two plastic bags.

      Chae Won looked at the plastics and said “Song Cho Ko-ssi, what are you doing? I’m more than capable to feed your brother”. Sang Yeob’s eyes widened at Chae Won’s words. “Kamsahamida. They look very delicious. It’s rare for us to eat local products so this is really a gift. Chae Won ah, why don’t you go and take a last look around” he tried to ask Chae Won to go somewhere are stop messing things up. He knew Cho Ko was sad of her brother’s departure.

     “A-ni. Why should I?” she crossed her arms and leaned against the car. “Chae Won ah, you don’t have to be so formal with me. Just call me by my name. I’ll show you around okay? Ever since you came here, you never visit the classrooms, the kitchens, the practice field” Cho Ko said cheerfully and pulled Chae Won’s hands. Sang Yeob  smiled. He knew Chae Won liked Cho Ko’s company. She’s not the kind of girl who lets people pull her hands and boss her around without setting up World War 3.

       His gaze averted from the girls to the two luggages in the boot. He knew they were posh and original. How can an orphan boy buy bags like that? No, how can he possess bags like that. He saw a boy walking towards the car. It looks like Chae Won made a good choice. He’s what we call good looking. “You must be Song Joong Ki. I’m Lee Sang Yeob. Just cut all the formalities and call me hyung since we’re going to spend like what? A year together?” Sang Yeob extended his left hand and Joong Ki accepted it gladly.

       “That’s fine with me. Where is Chae Won?” Joong Ki looked around. He felt somewhat guilty when he saw his bags in the car. Sang Yeob must have carried them for him. “She was waiting for you with your sister. They went to look around the school” Sang Yeob had an instant liking towards Joong Ki. “Jinja? Mianhae. I was comforting the kids. I teach them martial arts and we’re all very close” his hand went to the back of his head.

       “Lee Sang Yeob -ssi? I’m afraid Chae Won-ssi left this behind” the headmaster came from nowhere and handed Sang Yeob a leather bag. “A-ni. This is actually for you. Did she just leave it in your office?” he smiled. The headmaster opened the bag and he stared at Sang Yeob’s face. “This is a very large sum of money..” he stammered. “You help her before. And by helping her it means you just saved the future of Tae San. This is our way to show our gratitude but we know it’s not enough. Her life can never be valued by money” Sang Yeob’s words left the headmaster speechless.

     Meanwhile, Chae Won went to the gazebo with Cho Ko. She inhaled the fresh air. “Am I coming back here again?” she asked slowly. She loved that place. The two weeks stay made her fell deep towards that place. “Of course you are. Whatever are you talking about?” Cho Ko giggled leaving Chae Won tensed. How good it was if Cho Ko understood that life wasn’t that easy and life is very complicated.

     Without any others words, Chae Won descended the stairs. Cho Ko immediately went to her aid when she saw Chae Won wincing slightly. They walked together with Cho Ko holding on tight to Chae Won’s arm to the car where Joong Ki and Sang Yeob was waiting.

      “Cho Ko ah, I think we should go now. I want you-” Chae Won’s word came to a halt when she saw Sang Yeob’s eyes urging her to follow him. Quietly, she followed Sang Yeob under a tree. “Wae Oppa?” she asked when Sang Yeob looked trouble. “That boy is supposed to be an orphan right? Did you realize what brand are his bags?” Sang Yeob looked at her.

      “Oppa, they might be fake. Not everyone buys original brands” Chae Won said with a sigh. “Chae Won ah, they are originals. I know the difference” he did not give up. That incident about Jae Hee trying to kill Chae Won made him paranoid. He can’t face any more loss especially after he loses his parents.

      “He is a student in a university in California but he chooses to take his classes online. You know it is a trend now right? He uses the extra money from his scholarship to live in luxury now. Try to think like that. You shouldn’t be suspicious of everyone” she patted his shoulders and walked back towards the car. Sang Yeob blinked and took a deep breath before following her.

     “I want to say thank you again for your great hospitality” Chae Won said to the headmaster and gave a deep bow before doing the same towards Cho Ko. That was one of the good things about her. She respect people and she never failed to show her gratitude despite her coldness. Mr. Moon is a very strict man in teaching manners and everyone should expect Chae Won to be very polite and formal just like him.

      After Joong Ki said the last farewell to Cho Ko and Jae Gil, they started their journey back to Seoul. “Joong Ki ah, we have a plan that you must foll

Please log in to read the full chapter