Chapter 32- Safe and Sound

Bodyguard Boyfriend- chapter 36 updated!!
Please log in to read the full chapter

It couldn’t be more alien to the modern society of Seoul City than seeing two richly dressed youngsters, sitting at the bus terminal without proper footwear, rain water dripping down their drenched body to a pool at their feet. What made it more ominous, the girl was crying and the guy next to her was just staring at his phone, bearing a nonexistent hole through it.

People can make assumptions and accusations but they will never know what burden was weighing on the youngsters’ shoulders. No one would have guessed that the young-baby faced man was dealing with negativity. He felt used. He was a puppet without strings. Ever since he was a toddler, he was used by the woman he called mother to ensure her own brighter future. Never once had he felt like she truly appreciated him. And now when he needed her the most, she disowned him. The woman who signed a contract, who vowed in court to give her adopted son a life just disowned him.

No one could ever guess what was running in the head of the pretty young lady either. The never ending stream of tears flowing down her cheeks were enough to reflect the anguish in her yet no one truly understands it. how can one figure out what it felt like to be disowned by the father you relied onto for years, how it felt to see your world crumbling apart right in front of your eyes. All she knew was, Jae Hee had gained victory in the silent battle and there was nothing for her to do but leave.

Just before her thoughts got more destructive, her phone rang, Sang Yeob’s caller ID flashing on the screen.

Seeing the hesitation within her, Joong ki answered the phone instead “Annyeong, hyung. You need to help us”

Sang Yeob, on the other line replied with the same urgency in his tone. What distinguished it was how he spoke in a low tone, as if he feared someone was prying. “Listen here, go to the nearest ATM machine and withdraw as much money as you can. I know it’s dangerous but you guys need it. No use on Chae Won’s account, Mr. Moon freeze it already”

He was trained to act immediately on cue, so without any hesitation, Joong Ki sprinted towards the nearest ATM machine while fumbling with his wallet to retrieve his card. His efforts were unfortunately, fruitless. The moment he inserted his card and pressed his PIN number, a notification popped out, informing him that the account was no longer available.

Rage ran in his veins but he did a good job holding himself back from kicking the much less innocent machine. At least, he saved himself from vandalism tickets. For once, Joong Ki felt like a sore loser. How can he not think of withdrawing money first? How can he stared into space, pondering on his fate? is he that numb-headed?

The negative vibes emitting from both Joong Ki and Chae won did them no good at all. Joong Ki was fuming with rage while Chae Won was overwhelming with sadness. Sang Yeob again, managed to in with his call before the emotional conflicts would get the best of them.

“Did you get the money?” the older man asked in his hush tone.

“No hyung. My mother shut down my account. I have barely enough for dinner and I’m using chae Won’s money for bus fare to Daegu. I guess my old school is the best place to stay in the meantime. We’ll go through the Hyun Gak village instead of the woods”

“It’s a good plan. I’m just concern about Chae Won. It’s a really long walk Joong Ki.  Further than any marathon. And the rain doesn’t show any sign to stop either. How can she manage it?”

“I… I don’t know hyung. But there’s no other option. Now that she’s totally vulnerable, we need to get her out of Seoul fast. Jae Hee-”

“I know. It’s easier for her to launch attack now. I saw her talking seriously on the phone earlier. She could kill the both of you and people think you’ve been robbed. As soon as you get to your school, find money. You guys need some money to travel back to Seoul in case there’s any development in the investigation”

Joong Ki could feel hope rising up in him “What do you mean?”

“I got Jae Hee’s phone calls history over the past fe

Please log in to read the full chapter