Chapter 13- In Three. Two. One

Bodyguard Boyfriend- chapter 36 updated!!
Please log in to read the full chapter

     “Where are you going?” while rubbing his hair vigorously with a towel. Chae Won turned and saw him by the bathroom door, his damp hair clinging to his forehead, little droplets rolling down his torso… She snapped right out of it. “I just want to send these files to the Human Resources department” she put on a thin layer of lipstick and grabbed her bag.

     He quickly put on a polo shirt and combed his hair, rushing as if she wanted him to follow her. “Am I supposed to go with you?”

     She looked at him, secretly confused. “A-ni. You’re not a dog on leash. I didn’t plan to bring you everywhere”

     ‘Er… Actually, you have to bring me everywhere” he pointed out. “It’ll be just a quick errand. Look, the driver’s gonna send me so don’t fret. Do your homework” she said and walked out of the room, shutting the door with a bang, the usual way Moon Chae Won would.

     Joong Ki ran, opened the door and shouted ‘Yah! Don’t be late for our date”

 

     “Dude, did you get the thing?” the big burly man sked, approaching his friend, same built, only shorter.

     “Our alliances in Ulsan are supposed to send it yesterday but there was a problem. Their third base got raided by the police. Someone let the cat out of the bag. The police were looking for drugs” the other guy answered in a deep growl.

     “What the man! She’s out today! Alone! Our plan would go perfectly and Jae Hee-ssi would be ecstatic”

     “That thing might arrive today if any of the front men manage to escape”

     “MIGHT? What do you mean by might!? We need that thing now!’ he kicked the table and it toppled over, startling his friend. “Yah! Calm down! Jae Hee did not give us any dateline! I’ll inform them that we really need that thing”

 

     Chae Won pulled her jacket tighter. The first snow fell a few hours before and it was getting colder as the second ticked by. Joong ki smiled when he saw her reaction and wrapped his arm around her shoulders. She was shocked but she was used to it. Joong Ki and his cheekiness, aegyo, playful jokes, cheesy remarks, weird cheery behavior, super bright smile and his passion for PDA were unrepeatable.

    “Why are we here?” she coldly asked, looking at the shimmering water. “I told Cho Ko that I’ll bring my girlfriend and her to the Han River at night and play fireworks. Well, I know we’re not official, no, no. we’re official, I mean, I even signed a contract. But that contract… err… we’re not… REAL! That’s the word!” he started blabbering, cursing himself secretly for actually thinking about bringing her there without knowing how to explain.

     But Chae Won got what he was trying to say “You could’ve just wait after we finish this and get yourself a real girlfriend that you can bring around with Cho Ko” she replied, with a tinge of bitterness in her tone. “But I told her it’s supposed to be my first girlfriend so… that’s why I brought you here”

     He found a spot, sat down and mentioned her to sit next to him. “Yah! It’s winter!” she complained but still, she sat. “This… relationship is my first so I’ll do whatever I imagine I wanted to do with my girlfriend before this, okay?” he asked, smiling down at her. She gave a quick nod before eyeing him. “Like what?”

     “This”

     He leaned down, his hand around her nape. Chae Won was conscious now, unlike the previous time, and a battle erupted in her, trying to decide what she should do in that mere few seconds before their lips meet. Her heart was beating right out her chest when he giggled in her face, leaned towards her ear and whispered “I’m not that persuasive but I didn’t know you like to be ordered around” and he winked. The famous wink from Song Joong Ki to Moon Chae Won, filled with aegyo and flirt.

     Her cheeks blushed crimson and she turned away, like what she always did. “I just want to go out, watch the stars, sleep in the car maybe, with someone I love”

     She turned back to him, her eyes grew slightly bigger, clearly shocked. “What? We’re friends aren’t we? Besides, you’re my ‘girlfriend’ so… yeah. You’re actually someone to me” he said like it’s the most obvious thing in the world with a teasing tone.

     That night, they didn’t go home, to the comforts of down feathers nor plush mattresses, but they spent it in the car, with Joong Ki telling stories and Chae Won smiling a small faint smile.

 

     “I’ll go first. Don’t forget to bring down the investment reports” Chae Won reminded Joong Ki and walked into the elevator, leaving him with a whole stack of papers in his arms. As soon as she disappeared, he sighed and dropped all of the papers on the nearest table with a huff. Slowly, he bent and started arranging them muttering under his breath

Please log in to read the full chapter