Chapter 36- The War Begins

Bodyguard Boyfriend- chapter 36 updated!!
Please log in to read the full chapter

     Chae Won nearly lost her breathe as she tried her best to catch up with Joong Ki’s long eager strides. They walked past through the long corridors, which somehow seemed ominous to her, before entering a room with a metal door. The moment Chae Won stepped a foot in, an immediate cold breeze blew on her face, sending gooosebumps all over her body.

     Summer was getting nearer, but that didn’t mean the spring air was any kinder to her. And now that she was in the cold room, she couldn’t help but shiver as the chilliness seeped right through her thin clothes. Knowing that she should be grateful that she had something to wear, she kept mum and didn’t complaint.

    She rubbed her hands together vigorously, trying to keep warm when a coat came wrapping around her all of a sudden. Though stunned, she turned around to face a concern looking Joong Ki who only smiled at her before going over to the table where Sang Yeob and a man were seating.

     Chae Won blinked, trying her best to stop the smile that was threatening to break on her lips. With just the thin black shirt on, she knew Joong Ki was facing the sinister conditioned air worst than she had but she still appreciated the view of his strong build and toned arms.

     The coat he gave her was never his in the first place. Jae Gil had landed it to him that morning because the sun seemed to be hiding behind the clouds and the air was chillier than ever. Of course, being owned by a very tall guy, the coat itself looked like it was stretching on forever. On Joong Ki, it stopped just a little above his knees, looking like something from a garage sale. But to think that he gave it up and decided to face the cold air just for her comfort, made her heart fluttered and color rushed to tint her cheeks.

     Gingerly, she took small quick steps and settled herself next to Joong Ki, still unsure on how to react. He still hasn’t utter a single word to her since his confessions yesterday and that made her nervous. He only smiled at her, but it wasn’t his usual cheeky grin. The smile he gave her that morning was more composed and distant, as if he was trying to set a barrier against them.

      Almost immediately, the man next to Sang Yeob introduced himself and started to talk about the 3D blue print technology and what was expected outcomes of that day. She let the man took his own sweet time with the introduction as she busied herself playing secretly with the strand of thread from the sweatshirt she had on.

     She knew Sang Yeob’s eyes are focused on her and she knew very well that he was not happy with what she had on. It was pretty predictable though, for the original grey dye of the sweatshirt had long faded, making it look almost white. Feeling all exposed and bare under his scrutinizing, she pulled the coat Joong Ki gave her, hiding the sweatshirt underneath.

     “Okay Song Joong Ki-ssi, look at all these four blue prints and tell me which one do you think is the suspect” the man polite gestured towards one part of the room and pressed a button on his phone.                 Instantly, four 3D blue prints of a man appeared with all the right characteristics of a man, including the height which she estimated was around 7 foot.

     That was the moment her heart stop beating. Her eyes squinted as she scrutinized each of the man one by one, beads of perspiration forming on her forehead. As a reflex action, she grabbed Joong Ki’s arm while he stood rooted on the ground.

     Chae Won wanted to say something, but she was too horrified to do so. On the other hand, Joong Ki seemed to be having a hard time trying to identify the man.

     Minutes past then Joong Ki shook his head in despair, “I’m sorry. It was dark. I couldn’t see much. I was in the building. I did saw his face when he ran under a light but I’m-I’m not sure. He must be either this one or that one” he pointed to two figures. From the way his words are short and simple, she knew he was disappointed at himself for not being able to identify the suspect.

     The man pressed another button and two images disappeared, save for the two that Joong Ki had chosen. “Come on man, try harder” Sang Yeob patted Joong Ki’s shoulder, insisting that he try again. Chae Won can see Joong Ki scrunching up his face as he averted his attention again to the two three dimensional computerized man in front of him, trying his level best to remember something. And she hated that. She realized that she hated to see him being bossed around.

     Swallowing the shock that came before this, she pointed at the computerized man on the left, “It’s him. I’m sure of it”

     Immediately, three pair of eyes are on her. The hand of a concerned Sang Yeob came resting on her shoulder, “How are you so sure Chae Won?”

     The heiress went numb for a while, before looking straight at Sang Yeob in the eye, “I saw him once during Jae Hee’s wedding. He didn’t look suspicious at all so I thought that he was merely a guest from Jae Hee’s side. It must be him!” she urged, pulling on Sang Yeob’s hands. “It is not a coincidence that one of her invitations looks like our prime suspect. They might have been accomplice since the beginning of time”

     “That is not a solid proof. We still need Mr. Song here, who is the main witness to identify the suspect. I’m sorry but we have to follow the rules and regulations” the other man butted in.

     Desperate, Chae Won glanced at Joong Ki, hoping he would understand her gesture. Luck was on her side after all, Joong Ki nodded courtly and faced the man, “Sir, I believe this is our main suspect”

     “Honey, are you worried about Chae Won again?” Jae Hee asked her husband gently, wrapping her delicate hands around his wrinkled one when she realized he spaced out again.

     Mr. Moon looked flustered as he regained his composure and resume eating his breakfast, ignoring his wife’s question. Instead, he inquired about the baby, “Have you check out the hospitals you want?”

     Jae Hee let out a very womanly chuckle, “You are so good at changing topics honey. Of course I have. I even made early reservations” she poured him another cup of the chamomile tea, smiling like an angel. “But you know you can’t avoid the topic forever. I know you are worried about Chae Won. Don’t worry, she’ll be fine. She has Joong Ki you know. From what I saw, Joong Ki seemed rather dependable”

     “I need to know where she is now. Is she eating fine? Can he support her? Who know they have already broken up?” the old man sighed, dropping his cutleries.

     “Why do you need to know? You’re the one who kicked her out” Jae Hee pointed out bluntly. She was trying to make him feel guilty and blame himself for the wreck of his family. “Honey, you did the right thing. It’s time for her to learn. You have been so lenient to her that she is not afraid of making mistakes. She is too hard headed to admit her own mistakes too. She deserved very well to be punished, I dare say. Don’t worry, give her some time. I’m sure she’ll appear on our door step soon, asking for a roof above her head”

     “Yes, I suppose you’re right. Let’s just focus on the baby now, shall we?” he smiled and rubbed the bulge of her tummy. “If you can finish and launch that project just before you deliver, the position as one of our Board

Please log in to read the full chapter