Chapter 24- Realization Dawns on You

Bodyguard Boyfriend- chapter 36 updated!!
Please log in to read the full chapter

Update for the 4th week of October

 

     Joong Ki skipped down the stairs, two at a time with a huge beam on his face. Winter was nearly over, spring was coming, and he had great news. Something about a new ice-cream parlour in their area. And being the Song Joong Ki he was, of course he would loved to go there with Chae Won. She had been extra nice to him lately even though she acted weird and they were always together. Especially, after that day when she came home in the middle of the night with her parents, eyes puffy.

     She didn’t cry like she used to do whenever she was upset, instead she kept quiet, swallowing the pain. He would have not realize it if he didn’t hear the soft sob. He had pulled her in his arms, not uttering a single word. He could almost hear her heartbeat as she stared into nothingness in the dark. That moment, Joong Ki felt something unfamiliar in his heart. A new refreshing feeling.

     It was too complicated for him to decipher, but he knew the urge in him to protect her more, make her smile on every oncoming day. He had the biggest urge to always be by her side, be her prince, her bodyguard, her angel.

     He called out for her while running around the huge mansion. Yet, she was nowhere to be found. He remembered her saying something about spending time with Sang Yeob but her plans should be in the afternoon and it was still early in the morning.

     “Mrs. Oh, do you know where is Chae Won?” he asked of the maid who was dusting the ornaments. His hands did not keep quiet, it went around, lifting every single piece of china for him to inspect and putting them at the wrong places.

     The old woman immediately slapped his hand away slightly, “She went out with the driver earlier. She’s been going out in every morning since a few days ago. At first I thought she’s visiting you at the office but since you’re asking that means she’s not”

     Joong Ki’s forehead creased into a frown. They had agreed before that she can only go out with him or Snag Yeob, for safety reasons. But she was out alone, plus, she did not mention it to him. He would be lying if he said he wasn’t worried.

     She had been acting strange, appearing flustered at all times. She had rushed to answer every single incoming call on her phone so he would not see the caller ID.

     Suddenly, Joong Ki froze when a thought hit him. ‘What if she’s in love? And she is secretly seeing someone?’

 

        “Why are we here?” Sang Yeob looked at the girl next to him lovingly. She was dressed in a simple floral dress- which he knew was picked by Joong Ki and somehow triggered the jealousy in him- and she looked utterly amazing. They had bought street food earlier and were walking by the street market. It had been years since they walk on the asphalt like normal teenagers, talking about the unseen yet desired future.

     “Nothing, I just wanna hang out with my best friends” Chae won smiled and took another bite of her confection, unaware by the fact that Sang Yeob’s brows were scrunched. “Friends?”

     “Sorry I forgot to tell you oppa. Yoo Bi will be in a few minutes. She said she’s trying to find this famous street rice cake everyone is talking about in social media” her reply came nonchalantly. Sang Yeob was battling inside. He had loved her for what, years already. Why can’t she see that?

     A few years ago, he started to treat her differently from Yoo Bi, hoping she would realize how much she meant to him. But Chae Won wasn’t an open book nor did she have an open heart. She never did realize the reason why he bought her favorite food instead of Yoo Bi’s whenever they went out, why he would help her put on her seatbelt, why he had been calling her nearly every day especially when they are not in the same country after he graduated.

     “Why is there always the three of us Chae Won? There’s always you, me and Yoo Bi” he mumbled, his eyes returning to the ground as thoughts came running to his head. Nearly all his life, he was sure he knew Chae Won and Yoo Bi. And nearly all his life he had loved the two girls as if they were his sisters. But fate had it that he should fall for one of them. But fate did not make it easy for him to just be with Chae Won as it had been easy to make him fall for her. He never once, spent a day with Chae Won only, for Yoo Bi would always be there. He couldn’t push her away, it was impossible, after all, she was his sister too, and she had been by his side in all those painful times.

     Chae Won smirked, “Oppa, it has always been the three of us. No matter what we do. There’s always me, you and Yoo Bi. Why are you asking suddenly?”

     He didn’t reply to her question immediately. Instead, he tried to reason with himself, telling himself over and over again that it wasn’t right to push Yoo Bi away even if he and Chae Won got official. Yoo Bi should be the special one to them. She was the witness of their love. She had seen them growing up and ending up with each other. She deserves to be the god mother of their children.

     “I don’t remember spending any personal time with you or Yoo Bi only. It’s always the three of us”

     “Of course oppa. It has always been the three of us and will forever be the three of us. I’ve never had a ‘girls day out’ with Yoo Bi because you were always with us. You’ve been there in every night when Yoo Bi came over and forced me to watch romantic dramas with her. And we girls are always there for you. Your convocation, your first day work, Tae San’s welcome party and everyon

Please log in to read the full chapter