Chapter 31- The Turmoil

Bodyguard Boyfriend- chapter 36 updated!!
Please log in to read the full chapter

Update for the third and last week of December. Sorry for the late update. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you guys<3 It’s been a wonderful year with all you awesome people. See you next year!!! This chapter is a continuation of the previous one. Since you guys like the lame joke, here’s more!

“Knock, knock”

“Who’s there?” came a nonchalant reply from the guy.

“Amos”

“Amos who?” he mocked.

“A mosquito!” Chae Won cheered and clapped. The pouting guy next to her rolled his eyes and scoffed. “Did I mention that your jokes are seriously lame? What are you trying to crack up anyway? You’re the ice princess” he retorted and turned back to his driving. “Even I don’t make jokes as lame as that”

“Geez Joong Ki. You need to lose up a bit. It was just a stuffed lion. We can buy it elsewhere” she argued when he downgraded her joke as lame. Little did he knew, she had been racking her humorless brains for the past five minutes just to crack up something to cheer him up. It might be easy to pranksters but for the ice princess, it was hard enough to make her dizzy.

Joong Ki ignored her and also the blatant fact that his jokes were never intelligent either and kept pouting. Sighing at his childish antic, she tried to come up with another joke.

Smiling at her success, she turned to him “Knock, knock”

At first, he jeered at her “Another lame knock, knock joke?” but then, seeing her persistence, he relented “Who’s there?” Well, the way she was trying to cheer him up was kind of… adorable. It wasn’t every day that he can see the patient, gentle side of her.

“Anna”

“Anna who?”

“Another mosquito!” she exclaimed while giggling. God knew he wanted to stay mad and continued his tantrum but the light giggles emitting from were so addictive. did he mentioned her laugh sounded like fairy bells tinkling?

Finally, after much resistance, a smile crept up his face. He turns to her and before any of them knew what was coming, he patted and ruffled her hair, making her squirmed away yet still giggling.

The happy pair never thought that the happy hour was very ominous. It never crossed their mind that things may go from bad to worst.

Chae Won shot Joong Ki a puzzled glance as they got closer to the door. They can hear everything clearly; Mr. Moon was shouting with rage. She was about to turn the door handle when she felt him squeezing her hand. When she faced him, she realized from the way he smiled at her that it was a supportive gesture. That little squeeze represented everything he wanted to say at that moment but could not; how he wanted her to keep up the courage and how like what happened at the Lee’s residence, he will always have her back.

With a deep breath, Chae Won twisted the knob and pushed the door open before she went frozen on the spot. It was truly a sight to behold; only, in a bad way. The usually calm and stoic Mr. Moon was trudging back and forth while cursing and yelling profanities in the air. In his hands were some badly tattered papers. His face had turned into a deep shade of red as anger controlled him.

Jae Hee sat on one of the sofas while crying hard. Unlike her husband, her face was not red because of anger, but because of crying. Tears streamed down her fair skin nonstop, for once, the great Han Jae Hee looked helpless. But Chae Won knew better. Those tears were crocodile tears, and like her usual plastic smile, they were fake.

“Appa, what happened?” out of pure concern and curiosity, Chae Won approached her father gently. She put her hands on his shoulders, trying to calm him down.

His reaction after that was never expected by anyone. even if he was known for his strict ways of rasing his daughter, his coldness and isolation from others, he always lived one principle. And that was to never harm his daughter in any way possible. He might have reprimanded her severely that she cried despite being an emotionless girl, but he never laid a finger on her.

But the past is always the past. The rage and fury in him had totally clouded his judgment. Mr. Moon glared at his daughter and pushed her off.

Chae Won felt herself flying before hitting the floor with a huge impact. Pain seeped all over her body, making her eyes moist.

“Chae Won!” Joong Ki immediately knelt next to her and helped her up. Gently, he whispered comforting words in her ears and turned to Mr. Moon. “Sir, I don’t think this is all necessary. We can talk-” before he could finish his sentence, a sharp pain hit on his left cheek. The impact was hard enough to make stun for a moment. Only when he heard Chae Won’s cries of mercy, he snapped back to reality.

Like the concerned loving mother she portrayed, Jae Hee was holding back her raging husband. Tears were still flowing endlessly from her red eyes. Chae Won was already on her knees, crying and demanding for explanation.

“Why Chae Won? Am I such a horrible father that you did this to me?” The old man’s eyes bulged out as he screamed his eyes out.

Chae Won shuddered in fear and hugged her father’s legs; muttering apologies of the mistake she as not acknowledge of. It was chaotic, everyone screaming and yelling but her focus was only for one person; her father.

So when her father uttered “I don’t care what happen to you anymore. I don’t care! Get out of this house! You and your cunning boyfriend! Get out from my house!” her world s

Please log in to read the full chapter