Chapter 16- When Two Are At A Game

Bodyguard Boyfriend- chapter 36 updated!!
Please log in to read the full chapter

      “Yoboseyo”

      Chae Won picked up the phone at its fourth ring.

     “Oppa, when are you coming back?”

     “Today. I miss you so much Chae Won. Let’s go out for dinner today. At our favorite place”

     Her eyes lit up at the mention of dinner with Sang Yeob. It felt like years since their last moment together. “Okay oppa. I’ll meet you at 8?” she asked and hummed a few moments after that as a response to what he was saying and cut off the call.

     “Yah bodyguard!” she called the secretly eavesdropping Joong Ki who tried his best pretending he was reading. Joong Ki shot an annoyed look at her and scowled “I told you not to call me bodyguard! I’ve been a very sweet boyfriend that calls you ‘girlfriend’ all this while. You can call me honey because people are attracted to me like bees to honey or sweetie cause I’m very sweet and caring or apple cause I’m cute and those girls used to call me little apple or… you can just call me boyfriend to complete my nickname for you” as soon as he finished his sentence, a small stuffed lion came flying and hit him in the face.

      Chae Won stifled back her giggles when he pouted. She seemed to be lighthearted around him nowadays. She knows it was risky to call him bodyguard but she found a part of her that just love to . “How can you throw away my present to you? You should appreciate your boyfriend’s gift” he kept on pouting as he walked to her desk and put back the stuffed lion on at its original place; on top of a stack of books next to her laptop so she will see it the first thing before she starts her work.

     “Whatever, bodyguard” she replied, nearly smirking at his reaction when she repeated the nickname “send me to  Imperial Cottage tonight. I have a date with oppa”

     His ears perked up at the mention of oppa. “Hyung is back from Paris?” he exclaimed but that ‘girlfriend’ of his kept her loyal eyes on the screen of her laptop and her lips shut. “Yah… answer me” he whined, again annoyed at her attitude. When she kept quiet, he poked her arms with a pencil, acting really really childish. “Stop it pabo. Of course he’s back. It’s been a week already” she swatted his hands away, not realizing his hurt face.

     Yes, it had been a week. A very tiring week. Lady Song kept budging around the mansion, Jae Hee kept putting her nose and complained about Chae Won’s every step in the project when she had been running around trying to make the mini project a complete perfection. Sang Yeob, the only motivator wasn’t there as usually to help her for he had to fly to Paris for a business meeting. Everything looked like they were on Jae Hee’s half when her every idea was accepted in the project and she overshadowed Chae Won when she step foot in the building. Chae Won knew it was because of the ideology between an heiress and the wife of the CEO everyone had in mind but she wasn’t the one to back down. She might be young but she was reckless and she was determined to have the best position in Tae San.

     “What time do you want me to pick you up?” Joong Ki asked the beautifully dressed girl next to him. She wore an evening spaghetti dress, as red as the seeds of pomegranate with matching lipstick color. A sleek black jacket hung around her shoulders, giving her as much protection as it could for her smooth skin against the chilly winter air. She tucked her phone in a black sequined clutch and turned to him “It’s okay. Oppa can drive us home” and stepped out.

     Ever since that very historical day, she was never out of sight. Joong Ki followed her everywhere, more faithful than a watchdog could ever be. He was the only one she could lay her trust other than Sang Yeob. He watched her slender figure disappear through the impressive entrance, with a butler on her heels and drove away. The idea of her and Sang Yeob, who clearly confessed to him about his feelings about her, was somewhat disturbing. It made him restless and many times his thoughts wandered far.

     Chae Won walked, tried her best to present herself like Lady Song would. She had been practicing for days, trying to imitate that elegant lady. Her walk was full of grace and feminine and yet screamed power as much as a guy could.

      Her eyes scanned the wide hall, beautifully decorated with the finest crystals, chinas and porcelains. She knew him all too well to recognize the back of his head. Her lips nearly curled into a satisfactory smile until she suddenly became aware of the company he had with him. And that lady company, was also, someone she was very familiar with.

     The nearly smile died and was immediately replaced with a slight frown. She walked and went aroud the table, to get face to face with the two beings. “Oppa?”

     Sang Yeob looked up and smiled when he saw his sweetheart in front of him, dressed in her best. All those feelings when he missed her came pouring back in, one week was a total torture. He quickly stood up and hugged her, forgetting for a while about his companion.

     She responded the hug lightly, more concern of why that particular girl there. They sat and she turned to the sweet girl in the one shouldered aquamarine gown. “Yoo Bi ah, wahy are you here?”

     “Oppa said he wanted to meet you in the flight earlier so I told him that I wanted to join you guys. I miss you a lot. We’ve only contacted each other on social media and-”

      “You were in Paris with oppa?!” she realized her tone rose a bit from usual but she brushed that off. Why would Yoo Bi be in Paris with her oppa? It was supposed to be a business thing, not some romantic getaway. Yoo Bi just smiled at her friend “ My father’s company supplied

Please log in to read the full chapter