Chapter 5- Life With Moon Chae Won

Bodyguard Boyfriend- chapter 36 updated!!
Please log in to read the full chapter

     Chae Won looked at Joong Ki’s tired face. It was only 10p.m. but he was fast asleep, probably tired out by the long journey and the tensed during dinner. Well, Mr. Moon clearly wasn't happy when she went MIA and now she brought a boyfriend to stay in the house. The looks and nasty remarks were enough to prove it all.

     His laptop was still switch on next to him and his notes were all over the bed, indicating he just finished his night classes since he was too occupied in the day. She sighed and gathered all his notes and switched off his laptop.  Her eye caught his timetable, carefully placed between the papers. ‘Omo! he should attend one more lecture’

     “Joong Ki ah, you have one more class” she tried to wake him up and shook his arms. His eyes fluttered open at her cold voice. “A-niya.. I’m sleepy. I’ll study tomorrow” he mumbled and pulled the blanket higher.

     Chae Won didn’t need any nonsense. She’s not the time that will beg and persuade people. She shrugged off and climbed onto bed before reaching for the controller to switch off the lights.

       The first thing she saw the next morning was a silhouette of a guy; tall, lean with good body posture. The blurred out lines slowly cleared to reveal Joong Ki who was talking to Sang Yeob. She was used to have Sang Yeob  in her room but another guy there was new to her so she just blinked. Joong Ki looked extraordinarily hot in school uniform.

      Sang Yeob turned around and saw her. He walked to the bed and patted her head. She loved him because of that. He is the only one in the whole world who treated her like a normal girl, not some mind controlling rich bossy freak. Before she could say anything, he walked out.

      She gave a quick nod when Joong Ki gave her a super friendly greeting and went in the bathroom. While she took her bath and changed, Joong Ki prepared his stuffs. Sang Yeob gave him every single thing he need so all he had to do was keep them in the bag. A few minutes later, Chae Won stepped out of the bathroom, already in her uniform.  She combed and blow dried her hair before putting on a thin layer of makeup. Nothing much, just some powder, lip gloss and little bit of eye liner to line her eyes.

     “Ready?” Joong Ki gave her his arm while asking cheerfully. She didn’t say anything as she linked her arms with his. There’s something about Joong Ki that intrigues her. Wasn’t he tired of smiling? He’s always acting like there was nothing wrong in this world. He was always cheerful and humorous even if she never laughs at his jokes. He never stops trying to cheer her up ever since yesterday’s lunch. ‘Is there someone like Sang Yeob oppa entering my life?’

     They stopped at the dining table when two figures stopped eating and focused on them. Joong Ki smiled awkwardly, bowed and dropped his bag on the floor but Chae Won ignored everything and sat down. Two women came to spread butter on her bread and pour water for her. She just sat like a statue eyeing everything they did.

     When she saw Joong Ki reaching out to take some noodles himself, she gave an icy glare to a young woman near the table. “Don’t you think my boyfriend deserves attention too?” those words were enough to make the woman panicked and she quickly served Joong Ki.

     He looked at her speechless. ‘So… this is how she lives?-’ he saw an ahjumma carrying Chae Won’s bag downstairs. ‘-Moon Chae Won, before I finish my job, I’ll make sure you do your own work yourself’

     The silent breakfast finally ended after what seemed like hours of glaring at each other; enough to make Joong Ki uncomfortable. She took her bag and went out of the house glaring at Jae Hee. Joong Ki quickly took his bag and bowed at her parents, then ran after her. ‘I’ll teach you how to respect your father too’

     He entered the car and sat next to Chae Won. Instead of the driver, Sang Yeob was at the wheel, ready to send them to school. “Hyung, don’t you have to go to work?” he asked trying to break the silence. If he keeps quiet, it’s not impossible for him to turn like Chae Won. Secretly, he smiled thinking of Cho Ko’s reaction if the talkative him turned to a stone statue like Chae Won.

     “I’ll drop you guys first. It’s your first day anyway. Remember all I said okay Joong Ki ah?” Sang Yeob answered with a light smile lingering on his face. Somehow, he believed that Joong Ki can protect Chae Won like he hoped. “Erm… Chae Won ah, I won’t be going to your school during lunch break anymore. Be sure to treat Yoo Bi nicely even if I’m not there”

     Chae Won looked at him in disbelieved. “What do you mean oppa? Wae?” her voice increased slightly but enough for Joong Ki to notice. “You have a boyfriend now. I’ve spent 2  years and I don’t know how many months, well ever since I’d graduated, to visit you during lunch breaks. Joong Ki is here now. You won’t need me anymore. Joong Ki ah-” his turned to look at Joong Ki before focusing back on the road.

     “-There’s this one girl named Lee Yoo Bi that will eat with Chae Won and I in the garden. You know that our icy cold girl don’t talk much so I hope that you can entertain Yoo Bi and treat her well” h

Please log in to read the full chapter