Chapter 25- Life Goes On

Bodyguard Boyfriend- chapter 36 updated!!
Please log in to read the full chapter

Update for the 1st week of November-I’m gonna write this reminder on top of each chapter so I know if I left you guys hanging for too long. Also, it’ll remind me to update weekly. I’m sorry I’m like two days late from the first week of NovemberT_T

     The wide hall of the Song Industries Convention Centre was filled with flashing cameras and countless businessmen and women in dazzling outfits. Joong Ki looked around, he hated to admit it to himself but he was quite nervous. It was finally time, just like what Lady Song planned, he will be part of Song Industries. Friends and even fiends were there, some of them honestly happy and some faking it. But it was the truth, the reality of life. You can be rivals with other companies, hate them to the core even but in the end, when they invited you for any events, you just have to come, fake a smile and maintain public image. He could name at least 20 people that he knew his mother loathes but still talking to them like long lost friends.

     He had arrived earlier with Chae Won. Mr. Moon came with Jae Hee, as the representatives of Tae San but the father and daughter only exchange tender glances and smiles. Chae Won remained at the Song table instead to at the Tae San’s with the other CEOs.

     After Lady Song’s supposedly insightful speech about raising him, choosing what was best and how she survived when her son was thousand miles away from her, the emcee invited him on stage for his speech.

     Joong Ki’s heart was pumping madly. He got up the stage and stood behind the rostrum, “First of all, I would like to thank all of you for coming…” he recited back every single line in his script perfectly but his mind was elsewhere. His mother wanted him to kiss her. No, not a kiss. Just a smooch. And knowing Lady Song, there was no way he could ever reject her wishes and ideas. Plus, it would be weird if a healthy guy like him denies kissing his own girlfriend, right?

     To publicize the young pair’s relationship and gather more attention, Lady Song had instructed them to kiss when he got down the stage after his first public speech. Nearly everyone does that that with their love ones. Celebrities kissed each other in award shows, businessmen kissed their wives in events. It was normal and simple.

     But what Lady Song didn’t know was that Joong Ki and Chae Won weren’t really dating. And if he kissed her later on, that would be their first conscious kiss. The fact that he had started to develop feelings for her only made things worst.

    His gaze averted towards Chae Won, who was sitting obediently at her place, sporting a camera ready smile. ‘Why is she looking calm? How can she not be affected by this crazy idea?’ he nearly forgot his script as his mind ran wild for a moment but manage to recollect himself thus avoiding the embarrassment that would ensue.

     As soon as he ended his speech, every one gave him a standing ovation and applauded. ‘Stupid, stupid Song Joong Ki. Just kiss her will you? Stop being such a baby about it. Your lips are not s. Look, even Chae Won is smiling. She’s calm so you need to be calm’

     Every step he took towards her only made him anxious. He was afraid of the verdict Chae Won might throw afterwards. What if he turns out to be a bad kisser? What if he screwed up, trip over or something and humiliates her for the rest of her life? Would she reciprocate his feelings if he turns out to be a loser?

     Every single one of his thoughts vanished when he reached his spot, exactly in front of her. Without a moment to spare, he reached out to her with his secretly trembling arms and wrapped them around her waist and leaned in.

     Their lips collided for a moment but he could fully register how her eyes fluttered close, how her lips fit his perfectly, how her soft lips left a delicious strawberry flavor on his and how that flavor only was enough to melt his heart. At that moment, he swore he could never find someone better than her. She was perfect in his eyes. 

     Chae Won flinched nervously in her seat. She was nervous, her fingers fidgeting on her lap. She knew any monet now, her most trusted driver will give her a call and she would have to flee from the event. She looked at Joong Ki. She couldn’t decipher how she liked that guy. But she was happy that she was with him at that moment, just before the dreaded surgery.

     She had scoffed at herself before. It was a minor surgery but she had taken it like it was going to create a big change in her life. She was just ready to get up and make a phone call to Dr. Kim when the guy she had been wondering about slide in the seat next to her, with a piece of cake on a plate. She raised her eyebrows questioningly at him.

     “You should try this!!! It’s amazing! I chose it myself” he bragged childishly at about the cake. “God, Joong Ki, can you please stop being annoying for a moment? Move, I need to go out” she rolled her eyes exasperatedly. He pouted, “You’re a spoilsport. And stop acting like I’m a pain to you. You love me. You can do nothing without me” he replied nonchalantly and continued eating.

     “You flattered yourself to much Joong Ki. Of course I can do nothing without you, you’re my bodyguard. If you were not with me, I’d been blown to pieces already. Now move” she pushed him but he grinned “Don’t you know I like feisty girls. They are worth dying for. Imagine-” before he could rant about his taste of girls, Chae Won shoved the spoon his mouth.

     Joong Ki pulled out the spoon promptly and glared at her. “You’re mean and weird”. That line got her attention, however. ‘What do you mean by weird?”

     “Well since the past week, you’ve been actin

Please log in to read the full chapter