Chapter 28- The Real Struggle

Bodyguard Boyfriend- chapter 36 updated!!
Please log in to read the full chapter

Update for the fourth week of November. I love you guys. Thank you for staying this long with me^^

“Welcome back, Miss Moon”

Chae Won spun to face the owner of the scornful voice. She was then face to face with none other than the Han Jae Hee. Jae Hee was a little different now. She walked and talked with full authority, like she owned the place. She was still what you call above the average beauty with power. Worst of all, she glowed. Her pregnancy vibes had kicked in, her skin was glowing, her cheeks a little flushed and her hair fell in a lovely cascade framing her face. 

The only thing that stopped her from being adored by all was the sinister vibe she had. Her face was always mocking, her words were spiteful and she loved intimidating others.

“What are you doing in my office, Jae Hee-ssi?”

Jae Hee caressed her protruding belly and smiled innocently at her stepdaughter. She was 6 months along and the baby bump was evident.

“You see Chae Won, you, from the perfect daughter material had decided to rebel and you didn’t enter office for days, so you’re father have had enough. He didn’t pull you out of the project yet, but we clearly need someone to manage the project, so that is where I appear” by the time she stopped talking, she had switched on the computer on the table. Chae Won averted her gaze to the screen.

The screen was filled with various designs, proposals, and sketches. She had to admit, Jae Hee was doing a great job. “I’ve found the perfect advertisement deals, ELLE agreed on the interview and 5 pages for ad, we’ll sponsor clothes for SNSD’s comeback this year, we have 10 runways set up in South Korea, I’m still discussing with our partners for another 5 runways in L.A, 3 in New York and 5 in Shanghai” Jae Hee paused with a proud smile. It was crystal that she had managed the project better than Chae Won. There was a lot of development since Chae Won left. “I know I’ve amazed you sweetheart” with the proud smile still decorating her face, she twirled a strand of hair around her finger.

Chae Won stared at the screen, doubts resurfaced in her. What if all these prove that she wasn’t capable of managing Tae San in the future? Was she capable of managing a multinational company when she can’t do great developments like Jae Hee does?

She snapped out of her thoughts and fears when her phone rang suddenly. Sang Yeob’s picture popped out. It was their last picture together, taken months ago, before Joong Ki entered their lives.

In the picture, he was smiling while his hand held hers. Meanwhile, she was looking sideways, face hidden from the camera. Someone had taken the picture, and it remained one of her favorites. They were walking by a river, the sparkling blue water acted as an utterly breathtaking background. She loved how laid back they were in the picture compare to their usual serious selves. She wasn’t sure of what expression she put on that time, but she knew abundant of bliss were running through her veins.

That time, it was just him, her father and Tae San in her life. Jae Hee never showed her true colors and her life was still what others called princessy.

She looked back at Jae Hee and flashed her best camera ready smile. “Then I assume I have to thank you Jae Hee-ssi., since you had worked so hard even though you’re in your second trimester. Thank you so much Jae Hee-ssi. I’m sorry, I’m busy so I have to cut this short. You know, I’m still the Management Director of Tae San” she said in a voice filled of mockery.

She was about to picked up the delayed call from Sang Yeob when Jae Hee snapped out of impatience “You have to be careful, sweetheart./ You won’t be on top forever. Before you know it, everything will belong to me”

Chae Won narrowed her eyes “Are you threatening me Jae Hee-ssi?”

Jae Hee gave out a fake cherry laugh “Of course not, I’m your stepmother” her expression showed how ridiculous she thought Chae Won was. “I’m just warning you sweetheart. Not even your so called ‘brother’ or your boyfriend could save you”

As if on cue, her phone stopped ringing, prolonging the tension between those two as they stared intently at each other’s eyes. “I just want to tell you, I am carrying a boy now and he shall be named Moon Eun Seok. Say bye to your sister, little one” she smirked, patting her belly lightly and walked away.

The phone rang again but Chae Won could only focus on the news she had just received. Earlier she thought everything was going to get better now that she was discharged. She could make amends with her father. But now her fairytale was crushed after she learnt that Jae Hee was already steps ahead of her. And a boy… her father will be more attached to Jae Hee now.

She was dreading her life when the phone rang for the third time, whatever song from

Please log in to read the full chapter