Chapter 37- From The Bottom of Our Hearts

Bodyguard Boyfriend- chapter 36 updated!!
Please log in to read the full chapter

     Chae Won blinked in the dark. She turned to her right then back to her left. She kicked the blanket when it felt a little too warm for her liking but after five minutes under the air conditioned breeze, she shivered and pulled back the discarded cloth.

     If she was given the choice to blame anyone, anyone at all for the state of her discomfort, she put the blame on Joong Ki.

     If only he had not confessed his love to her under the moonlight before acting all stranger like to her in the next day, then brought her to an inn, she would not be laying among the musty sheets of the creaking bed at 2.30a.m without sleeping a wink.

     All night long her thoughts were filled with memories they shared, the night he confessed to her and his strange attitude that morning. To make it worst on her behalf, he slept on the floor that night instead of his usual place right by her side.

     Ever since he stepped foot in the threshold of the Moon family, he had always been her bed buddy. People might not believe her if she claim that all they did was innocently sleeping next to each other but she knew that it was as true as her existence. Even when they were seeking cover in his old school, they always manage to find a way that leads them together at night.

     That night in the inn was the first night she slept alone on the bed ever since Joong ki came in her life. She had no idea to describe that certain feeling of losing something precious that lingered around her.

     It certainly did not feel like she lost a clingy bodyguard but more of a companion, a friend, a shoulder to lean on, an ear to hear her out and a heart that loved her in every way she wanted.

     Letting out a frustrated sigh, she squirmed towards the end of the bed. Using one of the musty pillows to prop herself, she peeped at the sleeping boy on the floor. Did the moon shone brighter that night? Or was it just her eyelids, threatening to drop? For all she knew, he looked beautiful that night.

     Her hand rose involuntarily without her heart consent and before she knew it, her fingers traced his soft feature lightly. The long dainty fingers travelled daintily from his forehead, down to his eyelids, towards his nose and stopped exactly on his lips. His plump cherry lips. Which she knew was softer than anything she had ever experienced. She had no idea how curved into a smile as her fingers lingered above his lips. All she knew was that her heart hammered fast enough to the point that all she felt was jittery. Moon Chae Won was just transfixed on how good Song Joong Ki looked underneath her.

     “Joong Ki-ah,” her voice was barely a whisper at that moment. “What am I going to do without you?”

     The unlucky heiress continued staring at him for the next 15 minutes, and the next 15 minutes and the next 15 minutes. When she was finally too deep in her thoughts, she slowly drifted off to dreamland; a land that never knew pain, sadness and anger. A land where Moon Chae Won and Song Joong Ki lived happily ever after.

 

     Chae Won wasn’t the only sleepless one that night. Somewhere in the busy town of Seoul, a heavily pregnant woman laid under the soft duvet covers of her plush bed. Her eyes were closed but her breathing was clearly not even.

     No matter how much Jae Hee tried to sleep, she ended up worrying about her backfired plans. Joo Seok. She shouldn’t let him live. How can she be so clumsy? Why did she forgot to clean up her dirty work? Where was Joo Seok at that moment? Did he manage to go to China or did he get caught and was currently in custody?

     At those thoughts, her eyes immediately shot open and she grunted in annoyance. With much difficulty, she hauled herself up and waddled towards the kitchen. After pouring herself a glass of water, she gulped in down quickly. For just a moment, she actually looked like an ordinary innocent expecting mother who was just exhausted.

     But the moment her phone rang and a private caller ID flashed on the screen, her gaze turned ferocious. She grabbed the phone and barked-quite softly- a hello. One of her henchmen’s voice came rough and shaken from the other line, “Jae- Jae Hee-ssi, Joo Seok was caught in a raid in Incheon Airport. He didn’t get to board.”

     Instantly, she panicked. Maybe it was because she was pregnant but the emotional effect hit her twice as hard. She shook in rage as she tried to control the anger, regret and fear within her. “He left for the airport hours ago! How did he get caught?!”

     “It seems that the police was already in the airport. He was caught as soon as he got in”

     “That must be hours ago! Who do you only inform me now? You should have told me hours ago!”

     “I’m sorry Jae Hee-ssi. Our informants were unable to enter the airport because of the polices so we were not able to obtain the information”

     Jae Hee slammed her fist onto the counter top. Anger had fully clouded her until she couldn’t feel the pain pulsating from her bruised knuckles. She inhaled and exhaled deeply when she realized something, “That means Joo Seok is in questioning now, right?”

     “I’m afraid so”

     She immediately screamed in rage and shouted profanities in the phone before slamming it down. She was not happy.

     She knew what she wanted and she was going to get it. No one, not even Moon Chae Won could stop her from getting it. And if that little brat tries to bring her down, she will suffer. That, Jae Hee promised to herself.

     Chae Won can’t help but to keep on drumming her fingers on the table, a clear sign of nervousness and anxiety. Her eyes darted back and forth from the overcooked ramen on the coffee table to the television whose speaker wasn’t functioning well. The pictures were moving but only soft noises could be heard.

              Somewhere in the background she can hear people quarrelling and yelling at each other; a man and a woman. The man cursed. The woman screamed. Then peace came for a few seconds before the woman wailed.

     Chae Won closed her eyes tightly, shutting out all the gruesome images of what might be happening in the room adjacent to hers. Last night there was a huge commotion in that room but when she saw Joong Ki acting like nothing ever happened, she kept shut. In those kind of places things like that must have been happening all the time.

     Out of the blue, the door burst open. Joong Ki stood on the other side, smiling and panting hard. Just by the way his eyes curved into crescents, smiling along with his lips; she knew good news awaited her.

     “Joong Ki? What is it?”

     He let out a short silent laugh that reflected every amount of delight he was experiencing before reaching his hands out and pulled her to her feet. “They caught that man! They did it Chae Won ah! Sang Yeob hyung did not want to disturb our sleep; well that’s what he said, but they caught him last night! They handled the questioning well because he…” his voice trailed off but not his smile or even the enthusiasm in his voice. “He admitted that he installed the bombs under your car!”

     She blinked in surprise. God must have pitied her for all the hardships she had to endure. That might be the reason why things seemed to happen smoothly for her. Joong Ki started rushing around the room, picking up all their belongings and packing them in a bag all the while talking excitedly.

     “He did not mention working with Jae Hee but that’s really not a problem. We can link Jae Hee with him. Plus, I’m sure he won’t be able to hold his stand for long”

      Among all the commotion and excitement, he managed to pack everything and help her slipped on a pair of worn out cardigan. It wasn’t hard considering all they had with them was a camera,

Please log in to read the full chapter