Chapter 23- A Hurricane after Storm

Bodyguard Boyfriend- chapter 36 updated!!
Please log in to read the full chapter

Joong Ki fell face first on the cold icy surface. He frowned when he heard the soft giggles behind him. His face was flushed due to the number of time he ‘kissed’ the ground. He tried to get back on his feet before toppling over. Again, the light soft giggles appeared.

     He glared at Chae Won. How can the ice princess that rarely smiles let alone laugh suddenly giggle? What did she find so amusing in his lack of knowledge in skating?

     She finally stopped giggling and reached a hand out for him. “Come on, stop pouting already. The kids are looking at you”

     He huffed, but still accepted her help. “Seriously Chae Won, what kind of date are you taking me to?” he whispered in her ear while he was getting up on his feet. She blushed at the close distance between them but managed to hide it. “Why Song Joong Ki? You don’t like my surprise?” she asked mockingly, with a sly smile.

     Joong Ki scoffed again. So now the ice princess even knows mockery? “Of course not, when you asked me out for a date I was shocked and thought the world is coming to an end cause you’re acting so nice. I guess not now. You’re mean. What kind of date when all we ever do is torturing the hero?” he rolled his eyes, his plush lips still in a pout.

      Chae Won’s giggle appeared and she beamed at him. “To me, the definition of a date is spending time with your partner. So here we are”

     “Wrong, the definition of a date is spending QUALITY time with your partner with ACTIVITIES THAT BENEFITS BOTH SIDES AND NOT CAUSING THE SIGNIFICNT OTHER TO HATE YOU” he snapped, finally got to stand stable on the slippery ice. “You hate me for bringing you here? Yoo Bi said ice skating will be a fun date” she mumbled.

     He looked at her and inwardly panicked when he saw signs of hurt on her porcelain face. “Of course not… how can I hate my best girl friend ever. Come on, help me move”

      Chae Won gently pulled him to the edge of the rink. Just when the both of them thought Joong Ki can actually move a meter far without acting like a fool, he slipped and fell, pulling the ice princess down with him. It wasn’t any romantic drama moments where she landed on top of him and they accidentally kissed. She landed next to him, managing to support herself with her two arms.

     “What are you trying to do pabo?!” a slight annoyed pout appeared on her lips as she gathered up herself. “Help me! Ppali!” Joong Ki begged, a small smile hidden in him. He felt comfortable, blissful even. Though he spent most of the time toppling over and his legs were sore and he was sure there would be bruises here and there.

     Again, for the hundredth time of the day, she had to pull him up to his feet. “Song Joong Ki can’t skate~~” she teased, a whisper in his ear. He returned her remark with a glare “Next time we have a date, I want to do bungee jumping” he snapped cutely. Cha Won copy cat his infamous wink “Whatever, Song Joong Ki that can’t skate. Kids are looking at you. Aish, so embarrassing” she playfully shook her head and walked away, leaving Joong Ki yelling at her to help him.

 

     “I tell you, she won’t die~~” Joong Ki kept on whispering the same thing in her ear. She turned to the baby faced guy next to her. He was close, very close to her; she can feel his hot breath on her cheeks. “Don’t talk, just enjoy the movie” she replied then averted her gaze to the movie.

     Joong Ki slipped his hand in the popcorn bag, stuffed some popcorn in his mouth and munched noisily. She glared at him but he just dismissed it. He started to get restless after a while.

     Why do movies just have to be so predictable? Hell, isn’t it obvious that guy likes her? Gosh! We all know she’s gonna fall in that heels, why are these people laughing?

     “Chae Won ahhh… I’m sleepy. Wake me up later okay?” he fake yawned and rested his head on her shoulder, closing his eyes with a victorious smile. She immediately turned to him. “What are you doing? Just watch the movie”

     “I’m a very clever guy. I can tell you that the Haru is Mika’s biological son and that farmer was the one who took him away. Her best friend knew what had actually happened but-”

      His word came to halt when her long beautiful finger was pressed firmly on his lips. God, how can one’s finger feel so soft and smell so fragrant?

      His eyes blinked rapidly as he continued staring at the firm lips. “Song Joong Ki, I’m trying to enjoy a movie here. So why can’t you sit back, be a good boy, eat popcorn, watch the movie, stop doing stupid things and discuss the movie with me later? Like what people always do on dates?”

     He could only nod quietly before leaning back on his seat, totally dumbfounded by what had happened. She was so close to him. She touched his lips. And she was the only female being who was ever successful in silencing him.

 

     Chae Won tugged the hem of her coat. She was nervous and yet, if possible, calm. She entered her father’s study, trying to curve her lips to her camera ready smile. But deep down, that smile was actually sincere. Something only for her father.

     Mr. Moon looked up from behind his desk, expecting to see his wife- since there was no knock; Jae Hee was still bad in mannerism in his opinion- only to stare at his daughter’s rare smile.

     “Appa, I want to talk to you” her lips quivered. It had been days since she was forced to leave the project and she had spent all of her mealtime by keeping her head down and eat whatever Joong Ki picked out for her. Mr. Moon hadn’t even look at her, let alone talk to her. They had been total strangers to each other in those three days.

     “If it’s about the project, the answer is no. You were absent from office for days, being irresponsible and now you want the project again. Never” he replied in a firm voice, eyes piercing into hers. He didn’t know why but his lips felt parched as they muttered something so harsh to his daughter.

     She felt like an arrow had just hit her in the chest, the pain was nauseating. “Aniya. I saw an ad previously about the winter fair. I thought it would be nice if we can go together” she fumbled with her fingers “you know, like old time

Please log in to read the full chapter