Chapter 30- Excruciating Pain

Bodyguard Boyfriend- chapter 36 updated!!
Please log in to read the full chapter

Update for the second week of December. This is the angstiest chapter of this whole fic. I dun know why but I’m the mood. Prepare for the pain~~~

“Doc, can you please try something? I really can’t go there! What?... O- Okay, put her on the phone” Sang Yeob sighed deeply as the line crackle on the other side. “Yoo Bi ah… what happened? Hey, hey don’t cry. Listen here, I’ll come soon and check on you. No, no, no. Not today, not tomorrow. Yoo Bi, pleas listen to the doctor and take your medication”

He said a few more other things, consoled her and finally cut off the call with a heavy heart. He stared into oblivion for a few second, trying to judge his own decision. Was he wrong for lying or was it right to leave her in the hands of a professional doctor. He sighed again, and turned around to leave.

That was when Sang Yeob’s whole body turned rigid and his eyes widen in mixed horror and guilt. A few feet away from him was a scowling Chae Won, her whole body wet, and a timid looking Joong Ki. He didn’t know what feeling was stronger at that time; jealousy of fear of being caught.

They continued the staring contest until Chae Won opened to speak “What the hell was that oppa? What happened to Yoo Bi?”

He wanted to answer her but his tongue went numb, he was unable to explain everything. “Oppa, what happened to Yoo Bi? Tell me oppa” she screamed, tears swelled in her eyes again. Rage started to build in her as she stood numb without any sights of confessing.

“You’re not telling me? Fine! We’re going back to Seoul tonight!” She stormed in the cabin and yelled for every one to wake up. Even from outside, they can hear Chae Won’s shrill voice yelling for everyone to pack their things.

Sang Yeob looked up at Joong Ki, guilt started to form on his face. “Hyung… I’m sure she’ll cool down by the time we start back our journey. If it’s not that hard for you, please tell her what happened. Yoo Bi is dear to her. Chae Won might not show it but she really loves Yoo Bi. I’ll.. I’ll go and make sure Chae Won change first okay? She might get a fever” Joong Ki gave him a small wry smile and stepped in the cabin.

Sang Yeob fell on his knees, his mind felt clouded but he was not thinking of anything. He just let everything passed, they were all a burden to him anyway. Humans are not perfct. It’s impossible to make everyone happy so sometimes, we just have to settle for the second best.

But it hurts. It hurst when you are unable to make your love ones happy.

The moment they were directed to Yoo Bi’s room, Chae Won sprinted up with Joong Ki at her heels. No one could understand her. Beneath the cold stoic girl was someone very vulnerable. She can’t accept it if anything’s wrong with Yoo Bi. Yoo Bi was her only friend. The only one willing to sit next to her during classes. The only one willing to spend lunch break with her. The only one willing to cooperate with her, stand with her antics and deal with her mood swings. Never once, Yoo Bi grumbled for having such an abnormal friend like her. Sure, they had cat fights. But all those would spark because of something else, never because of Chae Won’s attitude. Yoo Bi was very patient in dealing with her.

Joong Ki felt sorry for her. And now that he loved her, he felt pain for her sufferings. It won’t seem too much but actually Chae Won suffered a lot emotionally. She had so much on her shoulders, weight people can’t see. He finally understood all her feelings when she broke down in his arms in the RV, on the way back to Seoul.

Sang Yeob drove, while the elders rested. So, he settled her in his arms. She was crying so badly, the look of her was painful enough. “I’m such a useless friend, Joong Ki. I am. She would be better without me. She deserves someone who could be there for her” she cried while he rocked her to and fro. “She must have not believed me. That’s why she called Sang Yeob. She doesn’t find me reliable. I’m so useless. All those years, she was the one who keep the stone rolling. She was the one who preserved our friendship. What did I ever do for her? When I thought about it, I realized I did nothing. She was always there for me. Always there when I need her. I’ve been ignoring her for the past weeks. She called me you know; she called me and asked me to come over to spend time with her. And I told her I was too busy. I was too drowned in my own troubles to realize that someone missed me. How can I be so stupid?”

He gently caressed her hair “It’s okay Chae Won. Yoo Bi knows you loved her. Just so you know, the first time I met her, she told to take good care of you. She loves Chae Won. And she knows you loved her too. She told me not to have any grudge if you ever ignore me because that is just the way you are. She understands you” he had tried his best console her along the way but she kept crying. It looked like all those pains and sufferings she had kept hidden finally resurfaced. 

The doors flung opened and Chae Won was facing the crying Yoo Bi. The petite girl looked like she had no more strength to cry but at that the same time, no more courage to hold her stand. Her voice was already hoarse and her face was filled with tear stains.

Chae Won immediately pounced on the crying girl, shaking her arms “Yoo Bi! Yoo Bi ah! Can you hear me?”

Yoo Bi was still crying silent tears when she slowly; in a slow pace that was killing Chae Won; looked straight at her friend’s eyes. Her expression didn’t change, only her eyes moved, as if she was trying to read Chae Won. Slowly, recognition seemed to hit her as she pulled Chae Won in one of the tightest embrace the two had ever shared.

“Chae Won… Chae Won ah, oppa left me. I’m… I’m scared. They- They’re everywhere” she pulled away and convinced her friend while glancing around in terror. Chae Won was beyond horrified to see her friend in such condition. She would demand an explanation from the doctor later. But now, she needed to calm her friend down. Obviously Yoo Bi was greatly frightened by things others can’t see.

“Hey, look here. I’m here okay? I’ll take care of you. I’ll never leave. I promise you I’ll be here” with much gentleness and care, Chae Won wiped Yoo Bi’s face. “I- I hate oppa. He… He left me. I hate oppa!” Yoo Bi gave a little yell and Chae Won quickly hushed her.

“Don’t worry. I’m here. I promise I’ll go through all this with you okay?” with all the courage left in her, Chae Won smiled sincerely at Yoo Bi. She turned at Joong Ki and gestured him to take some wet wipes at the table. She then used the wipes to clean Yoo Bi’s face thoroughly.

“Look, Joong Ki is here too. You remember him right?” Chae Won asked quietly, her voice nearly cracking. She was so scraed that Yoo Bi’s trauma was worst than what she imagined. The later looked at Joong Ki suspiciously with her terrified eyes before shaking her head slowly. Chae Won sighed in defeat, she felt like crying. It was all too much for her.

Before she could actually burst into tears, she fel

Please log in to read the full chapter