Chapter 15- Mending and Shocking

Bodyguard Boyfriend- chapter 36 updated!!
Please log in to read the full chapter

     She woke up that day with the warm sunlight dancing on her face, lighting up her features. She can hear his cheerful whistle inside the walk-in cupboard. Isn’t it perfect to wake up on a sunny winter day with your man by your side?

     She scoffed at herself for actually coming out with that idea and trudged to the bathroom.

     “What are we doing?” she asked when he pulled her to the kitchen later on. It was an hour before breakfast time but no maids were in sight. From the twinkle in his eyes, she knew he had something to do with that. “We…. are going to make breakfast!” Joong Ki hooted after he said that sentence but she only responded with a stare. “I’m sure we have maids for a reason” she turned to walk away but he already had her wrist in his grasp.

     “Come on. It will taste amazing. Believe me. Now, first we make toast. Here, spread the butter” in a blink of an eye, he handed her the butter and breads while he busied himself in the pantry, finding ingredients for god knows what.

     She hesitated at first but soon, her hands were diligently doing what he had requested. “Chae Won ah, can you put it in the toaster? Then switch it on” he shouted from the pantry and a loud crash was heard. She sighed and went to toast the breads.

      “Now, we make omelets. Choose what ingredient you want” he appeared from the pantry with four eggs and various other stuffs. Baking stuffs and even… spices. She knew by that mischievous smile he had meant that everything’s gonna be insane but she just went along with it.

     Within minutes, the both of them were sitting side by side, beating two bowls of eggs that were added with various ingredients from chopped carrots to chocolate rice. “Let’s add raisins” she suddenly requested, out of the blue.  He blinked, surprised at her sudden request, then quickly grinned. He reached for the raisin jar and shook a plenty amount in their bowls.

    “Chae Won ah, open your mouth” he ordered and she did. He popped a raisin in , then his, giggling. She smiled lightly. That warmness in her stomach, it was comforting. It was making her dizzy.

     “Yah! Pabo! Why didn’t you turn the timer on? You burned the breads!” Joong Ki burst into laughter when he fished the burnt toast from the toaster. Shocked, she quickly got up to her feet and went by his side. “Are you trying to poison everyone?” he pretended to be angry and she replied with a “NO!” that was a little too quick that made her look like she cared. She might not even realize that he just called her stupid or she was too bothered to care about that.

     Frying eggs was a new experience to her too. He kept on insisting that she should fry it even though she had no idea how to do it. “I’ll teach you” he stood behind her, holding her hands while instructing her on what to do. With that close distance, he can clearly inhale the scent of her hair.

     She can feel his breath by her ears. The feeling of his skin onto hers was electrifying. It sent jolts of waves to every nook of her body.

     “And that’s it! Tadaa!” Joong Ki clapped and cheered when they finished frying the four omelets. She was startled by his voice. She didn’t realize that they were done; she didn’t even realize when they started frying. He controlled her movements, and she loved that feeling. Soon, she did realize that he was still behind her, his hands onto her delicate ones. Her body immediately froze, anticipating for what to come. Her eyes fluttered close when he slowly wrapped those toned arms around her slender waist. His breaths felt so warm as they traced down her ears…

     “Chae Won ah, are you-”

     In that instant, the both of them part and spun around face to face with the grim faced Sang Yeob. Emotions were running through his veins. He told Joong Ki his about feelings towards Chae Won. But there he was, back hugging the girl Sang Yeob loved. He felt betrayed and scared at the same time. What if Chae Won reciprocates?

     Joong Ki glanced around when the silence didn’t bulge an inch and rub his neck slowly. “Err… I’ll send the food to the dining room” he scooted out leaving Chae Won staring at her oppa with wide eyes. “I was going to tell you that your father and Jae Hee’s already there for breakfast” Sang Yeob said calmly but his insides was raging. She nodded and walked away to the living room leaving him again, speechless.

      “Chae Won-ssi, I heard that you made breakfast this morning. I can’t wait to taste it. I’m sure it’s something healthy for your sibling right?” Chae Won was greeted with Jae Hee’s fake smile. “Sure. We add nearly everything in the omelet” Jae Hee raised an eyebrow at Chae Won’s answer but she remained quiet with the smile plastered on her face.

     Mr. Moon eyed the pair in front of him. Joong Ki wrapped every omelet with bread and he was smiling, as usual, as if nothing happened yesterday. His daughter meanwhile poured coffee for everyone. He was quite amused how Moon Chae Won, who never did anything herself, obliged when Joong Ki asked her to help him. She didn’t mutter a single protest nor screw her face. She just stood up and helped. He knew that their relationship brought changes to her. Even though he promised Jae Hee to separate them, he tried to see things in a way he thought his daughter did.

      What good qualities did Joong Ki has? Can he support her? Can he stand her antics? Can he go through bad situations with her? Did he have the perseverance? How much he loved her?

      Mr. Moon was always the one to give and take so it’s not a wonder how he was well respected even among his rivals. And he never put an exception for his one and only daughter. And from what he saw, he liked Joong Ki. He liked how Joong Ki can calm her, how he took care of her and he like the princely manner and attitude Joong Ki carried around despite his childish naughty ways.

        He thought Joong Ki can be considered, but last night, last night took every part of him to remain calm. When he learned about Joong Ki’s real identity, he started questioning Joong Ki’s real intention too. “We have to beware of strangers. Especially beautiful ones because everything that glitters is not gold” Jae Hee’s words rang again in his ears.

      He was about to bombard the couple with questions when his wife squealed. “What is this?” Jae Hee winced as she munched. The bread was bitter, not to mention hard and the omelet was… complicated. She looked up in surprise when Joong Ki and Chae Won were munching away happily. “We did some experiments earlier” Joong Ki replied cheekily and Mr. Moon was dying to wipe that smile off his face.

      “I can’t eat this” Jae Hee whined and shouted “Mrs. Kim! Cook me something! The baby’s starving!”

      Chae Won scoffed when Jae Hee used her pregnancy as an issue again. ‘I’ll cook everyday then. Breakfast, lunch and dinner’

     “Moon Chae Won, I want you to explain to me what tricks you are trying to play here. One moment I learned about his true identity, the next moment I was told you purposely broke a 250$ china plate and now you’re cooking?” Chae Won’s attention was quickly drawn back to the glowering Mr. Moon.

     Joong Ki was about to open his mouth when Chae Won quickly said “Mianhae appa. I… know that my relationship with Joong Ki is not supposed to happen. Mrs. Song still wants to keep him away from the world and me falling in love with an unkown heir is not right. But I love him so much appa. Ever since we met in… Namyang, I fell in love with him. This is the only way for us to be together without Mrs. Song knowledge” she looked down, scared

Please log in to read the full chapter