Chapter 18- The Ugly Truth

Bodyguard Boyfriend- chapter 36 updated!!
Please log in to read the full chapter

This chapter is a serious surprise. To Chae Won, Mr. Moon, Joong Ki, Jae Hee and even You!!!  Enjoy~~~~

     Chae Won blew the strand of hair away from her face, and stromed her way towards the car.Two butlers hurriedly came and opened the door so the chaebol princess could enter.Behind her came the bored looking Joong Ki, who found stepping in the pavements squares better than anything else at that moment. Mr. Moon and Jae Hee were the last to exited the private hospital, with her clutching his arm, chattering about the unborn baby.

     Chae Won pulled out her handphone and started tapping on a game. Joong Ki’s favorite game. The more she was around Joong Ki, the more she followed his ways. “Chae Won ah, what would you like to name your brother?” Mr. Moon asked when he entered the car. His tone sounded like he was the most good natured man and she knew very well that her father was in one of his very rarely good mood.

     “It can be anything for all I care” she answered shortly and Mr. Moon’s face expression darken. “I was thinking of something near to yours. Something with Chae or Won maybe? What about Ji Won?” again, he tried his best to keep his pleasant voice despite the nearly erupting volcanoe in him.

     The thought of having the precious yet to born baby sharing anything near to her stepdaughter, sent Jae Hee into a  wave of panic and instantly she blurted out a “No!”

     “I-I mean… jagiya,I’ve always wanted er.. Eun...Seok! Yes! Eun Seok!If it’s a boy I want Eun Seok” she smiled angelicly and latched herself onto his arm again, trying to gain extra points.

     Mr. Moon looked out the window, calculations running in his brain. He glanced at his wife’s hopeful face and his daughter’s annoyed face. Two most beloved female against him. “Okay then. We’ll just name him Eun Seok” he gave in and Jae Hee clapped in glee.

     “How do you even know it’s a boy? It’s too early” Chae Won snickered at the excitement of the pair. The only difference was her father was happy to have another child, an heir to be precise, while Jae Hee was happy to have an investment. A child that can secure the company once she officially enters it. And if it’s really a boy, she was already a step ahead of Chae Won.

     “I know. I have a very good instinct. Even when your mother was pregnant, I knew you would be a girl”

     It was very rare, only on occasional times her father would mention of her mother and that moment, he did it like it was a common thing to do. But Chae Won wanted to asked him something so badly she went rigid ‘Were you happy of that fact at that time?’

     Was he happy to get a girl as his first child? Was he happy when she was born? Did he, had tiniest bit of longing to have a boy instead of her, in his heart?

     She was a very vulnerable girl. Like an iron that was hard to break but easy to melt. Sensing her troubles, Joong Ki took her hand in his, spreading unconditional warmth around her. After all, he promised to protect her, to give her affection, attention and go on a vacation with her whole family didn’t he?

     The car droned on, with her lost in her thoughts while succumbing herself to his warmth, Jae Hee tapping on her phone, probably updating the current events on social media. The house will be swarming with reporters and their family picture will be plastered across the tabloids, newspapers and magazines.

      “Appa… who’s that?” the sight of a woman by the gates caught Chae Won’s attention and she pulled herself away from Joong Ki. The woman’s face was hidden well amongst the scarves and she was covered from head to toe with thick clothing due to the cold winter. She had her hands tucked under her armpits to proctect them from the chilly weather. Mr. Moon took one look at her and immediately stiffened. “Just go in and ignore the woman. She must be a beggar or something” he informed the driver.

     “Appa! She’s on foot! And she climbed all the way here so there must be something important” Chae Won argued. As soon as the car stopped to allow the gates to open, she stepped out and headed to the woman. Joong Ki followed suit, all the while yelling for her to wait for him.

     Mr. Moon watched in horror as the two reached the woman. He was battling against hiding behind the tinted windows or snatched back his precious daughter from the woman’s clutches.

     “Excuse me, ahjumma. Can I help you?” She greeted politely, despite her stoic expression. The woman turned around, making her sleek almond eyes, milky fair complexion and pink thin set lips visible. Surprisingly, she somehow looked like an older version of Chae Won, minus the expensive ‘to die for’ outfit and manicure nails. She looked like what Chae Won will be if she’s not as rich as she is now in the future.The old eyes searched her face before smiling and exclaiming “Omo! Chae Won ah! My sweet beautiful Chae Chae! My beautiful baby girl!”

     Chae Won was dumbstruck as she was trapped in the woman’s arms. She can just stare at Joong Ki, paleness enveloping her usual pinkish skin.

     The woman let her go and turned to Joong Ki. “Oh, so this is the lucky guy. You guys look so perfect together. Oh, my daughter has grown up! It won’t be long till you guys get married!” she pushed Chae Won next to Joong Ki and fussed them all over. Realization is always heavy. And it hits you hard. In

Please log in to read the full chapter