8.

Revolves Around You

So wolf age and human age are different. Let's choose a random number. 5. So when Sehun was only a "few months old" in wolf age, he was 5 in human age. :)


Prompt: Wolf au; alpha!luhan and omega!sehun (requested by missfluffysoo)

Word count: 1,537


Sehun was only a few months old when he was taken from his pack. He didn't really understand what was going on, but seeing all the fighting and blood made him scared. He had screamed and screamed for his mother, only to find her lying dead by the edge of the brush when he had gotten away from Minseok, the one in charge of taking care of the pups. That was when he was taken. He had kicked and wailed and cried at his captors to let him go. But they didn't listen, and the last thing Sehun saw of his pack was his father falling to the ground in a pool of his own blood.

 

"Sehun?" 

Sehun's eyelids slowly fluttered open and he saw Jongin's face in front of him. He let out a yawn and stood up on the bed of grass his alpha had made for him and then lied back down again when his legs trembled. He shook his fur and looked back at Jongin. 

"Breakfast is ready. You can join us if you want. Luhan isn't here, he's out hunting." Jongin nudged Sehun's side. "You coming?" 

Sehun hesitated, then shook his head. 

"Alright. I'll bring you something okay?" 

Jongin padded off silently and then returned later with a piece of meat. Placing it on the ground in front of Sehun's makeshift bed, he pushed it closer to Sehun with his nose and then left. 

Sehun sniffed the meat and took a tentative bite. He wasn't really hungry, but he didn't want the food to go to waste. Instead, he left the soft bed and picked up the meat. He limped out of the cave and found Jongin eating with the rest of the pack. Scanning through the crowd, he pressed his ears to his head sadly when he didn't see Luhan. 

"What are you doing out here?" Sehun dropped the meat on the ground and let out a small whimper. He felt Yifan push him aside and pick up the slab of meat. "More for us." As he walked off, he glanced back at Sehun. "Go back," he ordered. 

Sehun nodded meekly and let out a small sound from the back of his throat.

Yifan's eyes narrowed as he watched Sehun hobble back to his cave. Why did he agree to let Luhan keep that stupid omega? 

 

Sehun had fallen asleep again, but he woke up immediately when he sensed Luhan's scent. His ears perked up and his tail thumped on the grass. Luhan peeked his head into the cave and gave Sehun a wolfish smile when they made eye contact. He trotted in and settled down beside Sehun. 

"How was your day?" Luhan asked, giving Sehun's fur a . "I missed you." 

Sehun replied with a whine, nuzzling deeper into Luhan's fur for warmth. I missed you too.

"I take it you missed me too?" Luhan curled up around Sehun's tiny body. "Jongin told me you didn't eat. Why didn't you?" he scolded gently. "You're going to be even more weak if you keep this up." 

Sehun gazed into his alpha's eyes. I'm not really hungry. And besides, I can't even keep it down. 

Luhan let Sehun bury his face in his fur. "Baby, I know you feel awkward around the rest of the pack, but you still have to come out sometimes. Staying cooped up in here isn't good for you." 

But I don't like going out there because no one likes me.

"And you can't make the excuse saying that no one likes you. I like you. Jongin likes you." 

But that's only two people. 

Luhan, sensing Sehun's uneasiness, let out a warning growl. "You have to go outside and exercise that leg of yours too. It's not going to be strong if you keep it in the same position forever and ever." 

Sehun whined, not wanting to do anything that Luhan had told him to do. He felt Luhan bite softly on his ear. 

"Come. We're going outside." 

 

Sehun felt everyone's eyes on him. He moved closer to Luhan and leaned his weight onto the other. 

"Don't be afraid, Sehun. You're one of us, remember?" 

Sehun's tail was hung between his legs and his ears pressed against his head as Luhan guided him towards the fire. Jongin spotted them first and went over to them. 

"You're outside?" 

"I made him," Luhan said. "Sehun?" Sehun's eyes were squeezed shut and he was shivering. Luhan could instantly tell that something was wrong. "Sehun," Luhan said again. "Are you okay?" Instead of a nod or shake of the head, Sehun fell down and curled into himself. Luhan nudged Sehun's head worriedly. "Baby, say something. I'm getting worried." 

Everyone was quiet, their eyes trained on the sight before them.

"Should we get help?" Jongin asked. "I can get Suho." 

"Yes. Go, Jongin." 

But before he could leave, Sehun let out a pitiful wail.

Luhan began to panic. "No, never mind. He doesn't want it. Just help me get him back. This was such a bad idea." 

They laid Sehun down on the bed of grass and watched at he lie there, twitching and whimpering. Both were at a loss as to what to do. 

"I really think we should get Suho. He really needs help." 

"We can't. Sehun'll only get more agitated."

"But-"

"Do you know why Sehun doesn't want to leave the cave?" Luhan asked abruptly. "It's because of the other pack members. They treat him like trash. We can't bring Suho here; who knows what he'll do?" 

"Luha-" 

"Thanks for your help, Jongin. I think I can handle him now." 

 

"What happened?" 

Sehun shook his head and buried his face in Luhan's chest. 

"Sehun, I need to know."

I can't tell you. Sehun looked at Luhan with pleading eyes, as if begging for forgiveness. Please don't be angry.

"Sometimes, it's so frustrating that you can't speak," Luhan mumbled, Sehun's fur and feeling the omega melt under his body. "It's so frustrating that I can't do anything to help you because I don't understand." 

Sehun felt guilt hit him like a punch to the gut. I'm sorry...

"It's not your fault though. If anything, it's mine. We hurt you a lot, and me taking you back here with me was just adding onto your pain." 

Sehun sighed in contentment, leaning into Luhan's touches.

"Luhan!" 

They both snapped to attention and Luhan pushed himself off of Sehun's body. "Yes?" 

"We're having a meeting. Come," Yifan commanded. 

Luhan gave Sehun an asking gaze, to which the omega responded with a slight nod of his head. 

"You need his permission? Just leave," Yifan muttered. 

"Let's go," Luhan said, brushing past Yifan's body and bumping shoulders with the other. Yifan sent Sehun a glare and followed Luhan.

Sehun pawed at the ground and watched as Luhan disappeared from sight. He already had a inkling of what the meeting was about. And it wasn't a good one.

 

"Sehun, baby, we need to talk." 

Sehun picked up another berry with his mouth and let it slide down his throat, ignoring Luhan's words completely. 

"Sehun." 

I already know....

"Baby, don't tell me you heard us. Sehun, let me explain." 

I don't want an explanation. I understand.

"Sehun, please." 

Sehun pushed himself off of the floor and his juice-stained lips. He shook his head, indicating that he didn't want to hear it, and shuffled over to the bed. He curled up on his side and closed his eyes. Sehun felt Luhan's presence over him, however, and was forced to open his eyes. He braced himself for the inevitable words and tried to stop the tears from forming. But instead of saying, "I'm sorry. You have to go," Luhan nuzzled his nose against Sehun's.

"We'll leave. Together." 

 

They planned to leave in the dead of the night, when Yifan and the other alphas were asleep. Luhan and Sehun had turned human and gathered all their belongings. It wasn't much, just a satchel of food and some medical supplies from Suho's tent. They tiptoed out of their cave, leaving nothing but the bed of grass, and made their way, slowly, towards the brush. 

"Luhan." 

Luhan jerked and dropped the bag. Sehun froze and almost collapsed to the floor, letting out small whines. 

"Shush, it's just me. Jongin." Jongin appeared from behind the tree. "You're leaving?" 

Luhan nodded slowly. "We have to." 

Jongin eyed Sehun. "You planned to do so without telling me?" 

Sehun felt a flash of guilt hit him. How could he forget the one other person who was ever nice to him? He limped over to Jongin and hugged him tightly. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to. I just didn't think you'd care much. 

Jongin  a stripe up Sehun's arm. "Be safe," he whispered. 

"We will. Thank you so much, Jongin. For everything." Luhan helped Sehun stand and held him by the shoulders. "We have to leave now, Sehun. Before the others wake." 

Sehun felt like it was all those years before. He felt like a child all over again, being taken from his pack. Except this time, he was happy and willing. Except this time, he knew he was going to have a better life.


Happy Lunar New Years! I'm gonna go to practice and then come back and eat and yea... To all you guys to celebrate it, hope you get a lot of red evelopes. To everyone, hope you guys have a lucky and prosperous new year!