3.

Revolves Around You

 

This popped up in my head and I couldn't shake it out of my head because, TINY SEHUN. TINY, WHINY, BABY SEHUN. 


Prompt: Sehun's parents are going out for the week and he needs a babysitter. Luhan just happens to be free. 

Word count: 2,468


"Mommy, no! You can't go! You have to stay here!" Sehun flails his arms and pouts. "Mommy!" 

"Sehun-ah, stop whining. I can't stay with you." His mother finishes packing her things and closes the suitcase. She kneels down to his height. "I'll be back in a week. You'll have so much fun with Kyungsoo-hyung," she says. 

Sehun frowns. "I don't like Kyungsoo-hyung! He's mean and doesn't let me watch TV!" 

His mother laughs and pats his cheek affectionately. "It's because you watch too much TV, Sehun-ah. You have to go outside and play sometimes." 

Sehun opens his mouth to speak, but he can't think of anything to say. Left with no choice, he resorts to crying. His eyes fill with tears and he shakes his head. "I don't want you to go," he says, "I don't want to stay with Kyungsoo-hyung. I want to stay with you and Daddy." Sehun rubs at his eyes and sobs. "You can't go!" 

Mrs. Oh sighs, used to her five-year-old's tactics, and envelopes him in a hug. Sehun hiccups and buries his face in the crook of his mother' neck. She rubs his back with one hand while his hair with the other. "Kyungsoo-hyung is nice. You'll have lots of fun with him, and before you know it, Mommy and Daddy will be back home. And besides," she separates her body from Sehun's, "You can always call me. I promise to call you every night, okay Sehun-ah?" She pecks his nose and then pulls him back into a hug. 

Sehun shakes his head and wipes his eyes on his mother's shirt. "No. I want you to stay with me." 

"I can't do that, baby. I have to go." 

"Then can I come with you? I promise to be good. I won't do anything bad!" Sehun bites his lower lip. "Please, Mommy?" 

"Sorry, Sehun-ah, I have to go with your Daddy. It's important." 

Sehun pulls away from his mother's hold and glares at her. "You always leave with Daddy! You never stay home with me!" He stomps his foot once and then runs out of the room. Mrs. Oh hears the door slam seconds later and then the sound of Sehun's cries. She sighs and stands up to sit on the bed. Her husband comes in later, holding his phone in his hand while rubbing his temples. 

"What's wrong?" she asks. 

"Kyungsoo can't make it. An emergency came up," he replies. "He has a friend, a little older than him, who's willing to take the job though. He has two younger siblings, both a little older than Sehun." Mr. Oh sits down beside his wife. "You think we should hire him?"

"Let's meet him first. See if Sehun likes him. Otherwise, I think I'll just stay here." 

 

"Who's she?" Sehun peeks out from behind his mother's legs and points at his new babysitter, looking up at his mother with wide eyes. 

"He, Sehun-ah," his mother corrects. "He's your new babysitter. Introduce yourself, baby."

Sehun turns red but obeys his mother's directions. "I'm Sehun," he mumbles, kicking at the hardwood floor with his toes. He holds up six fingers. "I'm five." 

Luhan smiles at him and pushes a finger down on Sehun's hand. "Hi, Sehun, I'm Luhan. I'm eighteen," he says.

Sehun's eyes go wide and he stares at his mother in awe. "How old is eighteen, Mommy?" He shows his mother his hands. "I can only count to ten." 

"I'm a lot older than you, Sehunnie," Luhan says. "Too old to count on fingers." 

Sehun nods slowly, as if trying to understand, and then tugs on his mother's coat. "Mommy, are you still leaving today?" he asks. 

"Yes, baby, I'm leaving with Daddy in a few minutes."

Sehun's eyes brim with tears and he buries his face in the fleece. "Come back soon, okay?"

She nods and bends down so that she can kiss his cheeks. "I'll call every night. Be good, okay, Sehun-ah?"

"Bye, Mommy." He pulls away and runs to his father, who's standing at the doorway. "Bye, Daddy. Come home soon." He hugs his father's knees and is lifted in the air. 

"Bye, Sehun-ah." 

Sehun holds Luhan's hand as they stand on the porch, waving at the car driving off. He's crying again, but not as much as before. Luhan glances down at the child and wipes tears away from his eyes. "Don't cry. Your Mommy promised she'd call and talk to you every night. It's just a week, Sehun. We'll have lots of fun together." He smiles and Sehun blinks at his new babysitter's words. 

Then, he breaks out into a grin and presses a kiss on Luhan's cheek. "Hyung, you're pretty! I like you!" He skips into the house, any trace of sadness disappeared. 

Luhan is frozen, eyes wide, a hand pressed on the cheek Sehun just kissed. One minute into his job and he already got a confession and a kiss. How was the rest of the week going to go?

 

Luhan squats down in front of the five-year-old and puts on his shoes. He double knots the laces and then pats them. "All done. We can go now." 

Sehun grins, bouncing on his toes, the backpack behind him making noises from the things inside. "Let's go!" Sehun grabs Luhan's hand and twists the doorknob. He jumps onto the porch and waits patiently for Luhan to lock up the house. When Luhan was done, Sehun takes Luhan's hand and jumps down each of the steps. He skips down the driveway and drags Luhan along. "Hyung, hurry up! You're so slow!" 

"I'm old, Sehunnie. I'm eighteen remember?"

Sehun frowns. "Oh, yea." He pouts and then looks up at Luhan. "I don't want to be as old as you when I grow up. I'll be slow. I don't like being slow." He links his pinky with Luhan's. "But we'll walk. Because you're old." Luhan laughs to himself but continues to match Sehun's strides, which meant taking one step for every three that Sehun took. They were ten minutes into their walk when Sehun stopped walking and grabbed Luhan's shirt. "Hyung, I'm tired." 

Luhan looks at Sehun, concerned. "Do you want to go back home?" 

"No, I want to go to the park." 

"But you're tired." 

"Carry me, hyung! Daddy does that all the time!" Sehun reaches his hands up and Luhan sighs. He drops down and lets Sehun crawl onto his back. He stands up and continues to walk. Behind him, Sehun is making weird airplane noises with his mouth, occasionally saying, "Faster, airplane! Faster!" 

Luhan doesn't mind the additional weight. In fact, he can barely feel the five-year-old on his back. Luhan continues to walk until the park was in sight. It was empty, surprisingly, for a summer day. When Luhan slows down and stops walking, Sehun perks up and wriggles in Luhan's hold. Luhan crouches down and lets the child free. 

Sehun immediately runs to the slide and climbs up the stairs. "Sehunnie, you didn't take off your backpack," Luhan says.

Sehun shakes his head. "I have to give them a ride too!" When Sehun reaches the top, he s his backpack and takes out his two action figures. He puts him in a sitting position and then pushes them off the slide. They fall into the pile of sand at the bottom and Sehun squeals in happiness. He lets the other one slide down too and then gets onto the slide himself, placing his backpack on his lap. He runs on his short legs to Luhan and then places his backpack beside him. "Can you watch this for me?" he asks. 

"Of course," Luhan replies. Sehun smiles gratefully and then rushes off with his two action figures to continue playing. 

 

"You have to take a bath, Sehunnie. Let's go." 

"I don't wanna!" Sehun throws his empty juice box on the ground and stomps on it. "You can't make me!" 

Luhan huffs and blows his bangs out of his face. He was seriously going to grow gray hair after the week was over. "Sehun-ah, come on!" 

"No!" Sehun puffs his cheeks out and flops onto the grass and continues to play. He finds a ladybug on a grass blade and calls Luhan over. "Hyung, hurry!" Luhan sighs and puts on his slippers he walks across the yard and crouches down beside Sehun. "See it? See the ladybug?" Sehun sticks his finger out and the ladybug crawls onto his fingernail. "Hyung! It likes me!" he yells, staring at it happily. 

Luhan sees pure glee on Sehun's face and smiles. "That's great, Sehun-ah. Now we should let it go and take a bath, hmm?" 

Sehun shakes his head. "No." 

"Sehun." 

"No." Sehun watches the insect crawl into his palm and up his arm. Then, it crawls onto his shirt sleeve and flutters away. Sehun looks sadly at where once was and then waves at the sky. "Bye, Mr. Ladybug!" He stares at the sky for a few more moments and then looks back at Luhan. "Okay, I'll take a bath now." He smiles and grabs Luhan's hand. 

Luhan is surprised at the sudden change in behavior, but doesn't say anything. Instead, he leads Sehun into the house and to the bathroom, where they spend the next half hour playing with Sehun's bath toys and making bubble beards. 

 

Luhan is inside making sandwiches when he hears Sehun start crying. He drops everything and bursts into the backyard to see Sehun sitting on the ground, bawling his eyes out with a scratched knee. Luhan slides his feet into the slippers and picks Sehun off of the ground. Sehun cries even louder when his injured knee brushes again Luhan's shirt. 

"What happened, Sehunnie?" 

"I tripped on the ball," Sehun hiccups. Luhan brings Sehun into the house and places him on the counter. He takes a paper towel and wets it before wiping the blood off of Sehun's knee. Sehun's hands grip the counter and he sniffles. Luhan blows air on the scratch and then looks at Sehun. 

"I'm going to clean it off and then put a band aid on it okay?" 

Sehun shakes his head fervently, knowing exactly what Luhan was about to do. "No! It hurts!" He coughs, choking on his spit, and cries even more. "Don't use it. It hurts." 

Luhan sighs and wipes Sehun's tears away with his thumb. "Don't cry anymore, Sehunnie. I won't use it. I'll put some cream on it and a band aid. Is that okay?" 

Sehun sniffles and nods his head, wiping his nose with the back of his hand. Luhan smiles and takes out the first aid kit from the bathroom down the hall. He takes out the box of band aids and gives it to Sehun. "You can choose which one you want," he says. He takes out the soothing cream and opens the package. He puts it on Sehun's knee and then takes the band aid Sehun chose, the one with robots on it, and puts it on. "There, all better right?" 

Sehun hiccups and nods. "Can you kiss it? Mommy always kisses it." 

Luhan blinks slowly and then leans down and gives Sehun's knee and small kiss. "There you go." Luhan helps Sehun off the counter and Sehun runs back outside, as if nothing had happened. "Be careful!" Luhan calls out. But he knows Sehun isn't listening. All he can hear is triumphant calls of, "Luhan-hyung kissed me!" 

 

"Good night, Mommy." 

"Good night, Sehun-ah. Sleep well. I love you." 

"I love you too, Mommy." Sehun ends the call and gives the phone back to Luhan. "Can you read me a story, hyung?" he asks. His hands wring the Superman blanket and he stares at Luhan with wide eyes. "Mommy used to read me bedtime stories all the time." 

Luhan pockets the phone and nods. "Alright, which one do you want to read?" 

"Anything is fine. I just want to hear a story." Luhan glances over at the tiny bookshelf Sehun has in his room. "No, not those. Mommy's already read me all of those. Can you tell me another one?"

Luhan coughs. "Uh, Sehun-ah, I'm not really good at telling stories."

"It's okay, hyung. Just tell me a story." Sehun smiles softly. "It's okay if it's bad. As long as you're telling it."

Luhan thinks in his head that Sehun's pretty smooth for a five-year-old. 

"Umm, how about the one where the prince meets a dragon? Did you hear about that one?" 

Sehun his head to the side. "No. Tell me!" 

Luhan moves so that he's sitting cross-legged on the bed. "Once upon a time, there was a prince. His name was Sehun." 

"That's me!" 

Luhan laughs. "Yes, that's you." He pokes Sehun's stomach, causing the child to giggle. "Anyway, Prince Sehun had a mission. He was going to kill a dragon. The evil dragon lived in the mountains and was eating the people of his kingdom. Prince Sehun was very brave and went to the mountains by himself to kill the evil dragon and save his town." Luhan glances at Sehun, who is slowly drifting off, but is still listening intently. "The prince took his horse and sword and left the castle. He made it to the mountains and found the dragon sleeping. He was about to kill the dragon when the dragon woke up." Luhan stole another glance at Sehun and found him asleep. Luhan smiles and fixes Sehun's position. 

Sehun snuggles into the pillow and Luhan  Sehun's hair. "Night, Sehunnie." 

Sehun murmurs something in his sleep that sounded really similar to, "Goodnight, Luhannie."

 

"Hey, Sehunnie. Look who's home."

Luhan points at the doorway and Sehun turns to see. When he does, his eyes light up like lightbulbs and he jumps to his feet. "Mommy! Daddy! You're home!" He runs into his father's arms and his spun around in the air. "I missed you so, so, so much!" 

"We missed you too, Sehun-ah." His mother kissed his forehead and then plucked Sehun from his father's arms. "Did you have fun with Luhan-hyung?" 

"We had so much fun together, Mommy! He played with me and made me really, really good food." Sehun grins toothily and leans into his mother's ear. "I like him a lot, Mommy." 

"Better than Kyungsoo-hyung?" 

"Luhan-hyung is one hundred times better than Kyungsoo-hyung," he whispers. 

Luhan hears this and smiles. He begins cleaning up the crayons scattered around Sehun's bedroom floor. Luhan hears Sehun's parents taking him across the hall and Sehun explaining what they did together over the past seven days in great detail. What he hears next surprises him and warms his heart at the same time. 

"When's the next time you're going somewhere with Daddy again, Mommy? I want Luhan-hyung to come back and play with me again."