10.

Revolves Around You

For this one, I challenged myself to write a story using three random things. Hope you like it~! (I actually started this a long time ago, but lost interest. Finished it now!)


Prompt: A broken wristwatch, peppermints, and a hug that goes too far; top!luhan and bottom!sehun (WARNING: Language and mentions of )

Word count: 2,031


Luhan downs another shot of whatever-Chanyeol-served-him and sighs. The music is blaring and the room is way too stuffy for Luhan's liking. His hand wipes a bead of sweat trickling down his forehead away. He can't get his mind off of Mihyun. Luhan loved her with all his heart, and she broke it, just like that, by going out with Baekhyun. 

"Hey." 

Luhan gulps down another shot of liquor before turning his head. "Do I know you?"

The man beside him shakes his head and smiles. He takes the bottle from Luhan's grip and pours a drink for himself. "We both need a drink, so I'll be here to accompany you. Spill," the man says. He sips the drink and then makes a face. "This is disgusting," he mutters before drinking the whole thing. 

"My girlfriend cheated on me. With my best friend, no less." Luhan puts a hand out and the man puts the bottle back into his hands. "Pretty great friends I have." 

The man laughs. "That sounds rough." 

"What about you?" Luhan mumbles. He's almost drunk, drifting back and forth between the line, but still sober enough to function. "Girlfriend cheat on you too?" 

The man shakes his head. "Boyfriend," he corrects. He runs a hand through his hair and takes another shot. "I'm bi, but mostly gravitating towards males." 

Luhan raises an eyebrow, his eyes half lidded. "Really? ." 

The man sticks out his hand. "My name's Sehun, by the way. Just in case you wanted to know."

"Luhan." Luhan shakes Sehun's hand. "If in two hours, I'm wasted to the point of no return, you're taking me home."

Sehun grins stupidly and raises his eyebrows as a sign of agreement. "You're trusting a stranger?" 

"Doesn't make a difference." Luhan shakes his head and then face-plants on the counter. His head is pounding and the music isn't helping. "You happen to know the time?" he asks. He lifts his hand and shows Sehun his broken watch, the glass cover cracked and the second hand ticking to the 5 and then back, over and over again. "I broke this banging my hand against the wall." Luhan shifts his hand over to show Sehun the injured side. He lifts his head off the counter and points at the purple and blue bruise on his thumb. "See?" 

Sehun takes out his phone. "It's 10:43." He looks at Luhan's finger. It's bent weirdly and was beginning to swell.  "You look like you broke your thumb, too." 

Luhan shrugs. "Probably did. It hurts when I touch it. Pour me another drink, please." 

Sehun raises the bottle. "Finished it." 

", I bought that." 

"You're already drunk. Don't want to wake up tomorrow with a massive hangover do you?" 

"Yes, I do." Luhan bangs on the counter with his uninjured hand. "Chanyeol!" 

The said male appears moments later and props his elbows on the counter. "What do you want, Luhan?" he asks tiredly.

"This here finished my drink." Luhan points at Sehun, who raises his eyebrows amusedly. 

"I'm not giving you more. You're already drunk." 

"But Mihyun! She's still," Luhan taps at his temples, "in here. You said I can drink until she's off my mind."

Chanyeol makes a face and whacks Luhan's head with a towel. "You're just making up excuses to drink more. Stop it. Know your limits." Chanyeol turns to Sehun. "Watch him, will you? He tends to overreact a lot. Mihyun's been cheating on him for a while now, he's just too dense to notice." Chanyeol brushes Luhan's fingers off his forearm. "Dude, no more drinks. I'm taking you home in fifteen minutes." 

"Chanyeol!" Luhan whines, drunkenly. "I'm fine! See?" Luhan slides off the chair and stands. "See?" He grins and then loses his balance. 

Sehun catches him before he falls. "Yea, totally," he mutters. "I'll just take him home." Sehun dodges Luhan's swinging arm and puts it over his shoulder. "Address?" 

Chanyeol finds a note pad and pen and scribbles Luhan's address onto it. "I don't know why I trust you, but if you do anything to him, I'll slit your throat, got it?" Chanyeol points the pen at Sehun menacingly. "I put my phone number on it too. Call me if anything happens and text me when you get him inside his house." Chanyeol folds the paper and slides it across the counter. "You drank too, so wait 15 minutes before driving." 

Sehun stops Luhan, who's flailing his arms and crying about how he misses Mihyun and that he'll kill Baekhyun tomorrow, and unfolds the paper. "Cool." Sehun glances at Luhan beside him. "Uh, can you get him to a bathroom or something?" he asks over the loud music. "He looks like he's about to puke. I don't want vomit all over my car seats." 

Chanyeol nods. He takes the apron off and calls out to his co-worker. "I'll be back in ten minutes. I have something to take care of." Chanyeol pushes the little swinging door and emerges beside Sehun and Luhan. "Luhan, stop it." 

Luhan sticks his tongue out and hits Chanyeol's face lightly. "Beat up Baekhyun for me, will you?" 

"No. Stop it." Chanyeol drags Luhan across the sea of dancing, if that's what you could call it, people and disappears behind double doors. Sehun slumps down onto the chair and leans back on the counter. He asks for water and is given what he asked for and a flirting girl who asked for his number. He wasn't all that drunk yet; Sehun's alcohol tolerance was pretty high. He takes small sips of water and waits for Chanyeol to come out of the bathroom with Luhan. They appear five minutes later, Luhan sweaty and knocked-out, Chanyeol panting and dying under Luhan's weight. Sehun grabs Luhan's other arm and helps carry him out to his car. Luhan is placed in the passenger's seat and Sehun gets into the driver's side. 

"Drive safe." Chanyeol closes the door after he buckles Luhan's seatbelt, and waves him off. 

 

Sehun didn't know why he volunteered to take Luhan home. He didn't even know the guy. Sehun drives through the streets and then pulls over so that he can look for directions because he's totally lost. While Sehun was searching for directions, Luhan wakes. "Where am I?" he mumbles. 

"I'm driving you home," Sehun answers. 

"Who are you again?" 

"The guy who drank with you at the club. I'm taking you home because you were too drunk to drive home yourself." 

Luhan furrows his eyebrows but then he feels the pounding in his head and the ringing in his ears, he remembers the fuzzy figure of someone sitting next to him. "," he mutters. 

"Yea, don't throw up please. I just got my car cleaned." 

Luhan shakes his head and waves his hand dismissively. "I can't promise you anything. Why are we going so fast?" 

Sehun snorts. "We're not even moving. Maybe you should just sleep. You're still kind of drunk."

Luhan makes a face and then looks around the car. "My mouth tastes disgusting. Do you have some water or anything?" he asks.

Sehun rummages through his car compartments and pulls out a box of Altoids. "I don't know when I got these, probably two, three months ago?" Sehun hands the box over to Luhan. "They're all I have, I don't keep water bottles in my car, sorry."

Luhan takes it and opens the box. He pops two of the mints in his mouth and then closes the lid. "Thanks," he says. Sehun takes the box and puts it away. Luhan points to a street and tells Sehun, "That way," before he falls asleep again.

 

They arrive at Luhan's house around twenty minutes later, and by then it was nearing midnight. 

"Luhan?" Sehun asks. He glances over to the side and sees that Luhan is still sound asleep. "Luhan?" Sehun waves his hands in front of Luhan's face. "Goodness." He gets out of the car and knocks on the front door. There aren't any lights on and no cars in the driveway. He presses the doorbell but no one comes to open it. Sehun huffs and goes back to his car. He opens the passenger's side door and unbuckles Luhan's seatbelt. "You should wake up before I carry you and accidentally drop you or something," Sehun mutters to himself. 

But surprisingly, Luhan stirs. "Mihyun? Hi..." Luhan smiles drunkenly and waves. "You look different. Cut your hair? I like it." 

Sehun chuckles amusedly. "You're home. Do you need help getting in?"

"No, no. I'm fine." Luhan gets out of the car and steadies himself by holding on the door. "Thanks for bringing me home, Mihyun." He steps forward and pulls Sehun into a hug. "You got taller. When did this happen?" 

Sehun decides not to say anything and tries to push Luhan away. "You should go in now." 

"Want to come in? It's late." Luhan pulls away and slings an arm around Sehun's broad shoulders. "We can have some fun. The club wasn't all that great." 

Sehun sighs. "No, it's fine. Go inside." 

"Come on!" Luhan grabs Sehun's hand and drags him towards his house. Sehun has the right mind to close his car doors and lock them before Luhan pulls him away. Luhan fumbles with his keys, cursing and swearing when his thumb hits the doorknob on accident, but still manages to push Sehun in, even in his drunken state. He flicks the light on and pushes Sehun towards the living room. "You cheated on me. With Baekhyun," Luhan says, pointing a finger at Sehun. "But I forgive you. Just because I love you too goddamn much." He pulls Sehun into a hug again and kisses him sloppily on the cheek. "I don't know why I'm doing this to myself." He kisses Sehun's lips this time, fingers curling in Sehun's hair.

Sehun is stunned at first, but then eventually lets Luhan kiss him. He can taste the faint traces of Altoids mints on Luhan's tongue and the aroma of alcohol in the other's breath. It's strange, being kissed by someone he's just met, but at the same time, it feels so right. He feels Luhan push him onto the couch and fingers mess with his shirt. 

"What happened to your s?" Luhan mumbles. "Whatever," he says moments later. "I don't even care anymore." 

Sehun lets out a strangled noise when Luhan takes his shirt off in one fluid motion. 

For some weird reason, he was okay with Luhan doing these things. Maybe it was because they both needed something to get their minds off their exes. Maybe it was because they didn't care. Sehun didn't know, but what he did know was that he thoroughly enjoyed that night.


"The happened in here?!" 

Luhan groans, turning onto his side and suddenly falling a foot down to the ground. He screams, waking Sehun up, and then pushes himself off of the floor, hissing when his thumb presses against the floor. He blinks tiredly and then flops back down again when the pounding headache hits him with full force. 

"What the hell happened here, Luhan? And you! You took advantage of him didn't you?!" Chanyeol scrambles around the room, throwing objects and obscenities at Sehun. "ing bastard! I'll kill you!" 

Sehun lets out a strangled noise, shielding his body with a pillow. "Stop! I didn't do anything!" 

"Didn't do anything, my ! You guys are both and lying on the couch on top of each other! What else would you two be doing?!" Chanyeol bends down and throws Luhan's jeans at his face. "Why didn't you do anything to stop him! You're better than that! Just because you're pissed at Baekhyun and Mihyun doesn't mean you have to sleep around with strangers!" 

"What do you mean, Chanyeol?" Luhan mumbles. He takes his jeans off of his face and rubs his eyes. "I took him in the ." He grins stupidly. "It was nice. Better than with Mihyun." 

"What the ?!" 

"You knew it was me?" 

"Well yea, I figured out after the thing." 

"And you continued?"

"Well you didn't protest, so..."

"I don't want to hear it! Shut up!"