2.

Revolves Around You

Second drabble~ There's some language in this one and it's kind of angsty, but enjoy it nevertheless! <3 


Prompt: JYJ's "Letting Go"; Luhan's car breaks down in the middle of the night and the only person he can call is ex-boyfriend, Sehun

Word count: 2,341


"I can’t believe the place we used to make love
Is the place we end up breaking up"

"There's a party at Kris's place tonight, are you coming?" Sehun vaguely hears Yixing droning on and on about how his boyfriend is being a prick for forgetting his birthday and Chen laughing his head off at Kyungsoo's plans to woo Kai. "Yo, earth to Sehun!" 

"What?" Sehun rubs his eyes and glares at Joonmyeon. 

"Did you hear anything I've been saying for the past five minutes?" 

"Heard something about a party, not interested," Sehun mutters. He blinks his eyes tiredly and reaches across the table to snatch an Oreo off Kyungsoo's lunch tray. Ignoring the, "Hey, you little !" and straw that's thrown at him, Sehun takes the two cookies apart and scrapes the creme off with his teeth. 

"Why not? You haven't been out in forever," Joonmyeon complains. 

"I have better things to do than to sit in a corner, drinking booze, and getting hit on by girl, okay?" 

Joonmyeon scoffs but doesn't say anything else about the topic. Sehun drifts off into his own little world again, his mind wandering to a certain individual he misses with his life. 

 

"Can you come pick me up? My car broke down." 

"What the hell, Luhan? I'm already there!" 

Luhan huffs and kicks the front tire of his car, regretting his action immediately and hopping on the other foot while holding his toe. ". Well how am I supposed to get there now?" 

"I don't know, call someone else," Chanyeol mumbles. 

Luhan leans on the window and fiddles with his shirt. "Who else do I have to call?

"Uh, Baekhyun, Tao, Sehun, wait never mind, Kai..." Chanyeol continues on, listing another 10 or so more people before he notices that Luhan wasn't answering. "Luhan?" 

"You know what, never mind. I'm not going. I'll call my brother to pick me up or something." Luhan taps his fingernails on the car's surface and sighs. "Have fun, and don't get too drunk. I can't take you home like I always do." He hangs up and stuffs his phone in his pocket. He breathes out cold air and watches as his visible breath dissipates. Luhan unlocks his car and gets into the driver's seat. He sits there for a while, his mind filled with random thoughts like what Chanyeol was doing at the moment, how the he was going to get home, why his car decided to malfunction today of all days, and if Sehun was going to be at the party at Kris's house. 

Luhan frowns. Sehun. He hadn't seen his ex in a while. Shaking his head of the thoughts, he inserts his key into the ignition again. The engine sputters and then dies. He hits the steering wheel with his palm, hitting the horn and making the car honk loudly. Luhan takes out his phone and calls his brother. One ring, two ring, three rings, and then Minseok's voice comes on telling him to leave a message. Luhan curses and drops his phone in the passenger's seat. He leans back on the seat and runs his fingers through his hair. He stuck in the middle of an empty road, at night, with no one to pick him up. Great, he thinks sarcastically. 

Luhan picks up his phone again and checks the time. It's nearing midnight, and his battery is 26%. Luhan scrambles to lower the settings of everything and quitting all his apps. He turns off his phone and stares ahead. Everyone he knew was at the party at Kris's, so calling his friends was of question. Minseok wasn't picking up his phone, and there was no one else to call. 

There was one person, but didn't think asking favors from his ex-boyfriend was a very good idea. Not after he dumped the guy on their anniversary. 

 

Sehun was eating popcorn, drizzled with chocolate syrup, when he hears the vibration of his phone on the wooden surface of the coffee table. He reaches for the phone, his eyes still glued on the television and unlocks it with his thumb. His eyes flicker to the tiny screen and then clicks on the little red icon. He stuffs his mouth with another handful of popcorn before looking at the screen. His eyebrows furrow when he sees that the new text was from Luhan. 

"What does this bastard want?" he mutters. He opens the text and skims through the long paragraph. When he's done, he rolls his eyes. Typical Luhan, sending him a huge- essay for a text just to ask him for a favor. 

Sehun texts back with his thumb, "Wat," with an angry face and then waits for the reply. He watches as the people on the game show guess the words and then screams at the TV when the guy guesses the wrong letter and loses all his money. Popcorn spews from his mouth and drops onto the floor, but Sehun doesn't care. His parents' weren't going to come home until Monday, so he just had to clean Sunday night. 

"Can you drive me home? My car broke down."

Sehun snorts and chocolate syrup off his fingers. "Go ask your friends," he types back, his tongue sticking out in concentration. 

"They're at Kris's party. Are you there too?" 

Sehun huffs. "Ask your brother." He kind of feels bad for Luhan and all, but he doesn't really care. It's Friday night and Friday nights are reserved for Sehun's happy time. Usually it's watching TV and eating junk food to his heart's content because there are no nagging parents around to scold him, but other times he rides his bike around until his legs get tired and then he goes eat spicy rice cakes or something. Friday nights are his "eating whatever you want and don't worry about getting fat" nights. 

"Already did. He isn't picking up." 

Sehun groans. He wishes he could straight up say 'no' to his of an ex-boyfriend, but the innocent school-boy side of him still misses seeing Luhan's face, so he just can't. "Where are u?"

Luhan takes a while to answer but then he finally gives Sehun the address of some unknown street. Sehun mumbles curses under his breath as he looks up the street. It's two miles away from his house, so he can make it there, take Luhan home, and then come back just in time for the ending. He texts back a reply, saying he'll be there in ten minutes and then puts the bowl of popcorn dangerously close to the edge of the coffee table. He stands up, searching the couch for his keys and then finding them smooshed between the seat cushions. The TV is turned off and the lights dimmed. He checks his pockets and then puts on a sweater. He toes on his slippers and leaves the house. 

Sehun drives around and then finds Luhan sitting on the hood of his car waiting for him. He pulls up behind Luhan's car and then gets out. His hands are in his pockets and he shivers from the cold. "Why the hell are you sitting outside?" he asks. Luhan jumps off the hood of his car and walks over to the driver's door. 

"Can you fix it? Since you're good with cars and stuff," Luhan mumbles. 

"Tomorrow," Sehun says. "Just get in the car. It's freezing cold and I have a show to watch." Luhan makes a face, like he doesn't like the thought of leaving his car in an unknown neighborhood, but then gets into Sehun's car. Sehun gets into the driver's seat and then turns on the heater. He waits a while, for Luhan to thaw, and then starts driving to Luhan's house. He's surprised at how he still remembers the way to Luhan's place, but doesn't think much about it. 

The ride is awkward, Sehun drumming his fingers on the steering wheel and humming a tune as he drives, and Luhan staring outside letting out sighs at regular intervals. The radio is low, playing Kpop songs according to the listeners' requests, and someone requests EXO's "Growl." Sehun laughs out loud and he hears Luhan snort beside him. The song brings up memories of good times, ones that couldn't be mentioned in front of one another, but they both know what each other is thinking. 

"Well, this is awkward," Sehun mutters as he stops at a red light. 

"You want me to change the station?" Luhan asks. 

"I don't care." But he actually does, Sehun actually does care. He wants to rewind time and go back to their third year of college when they met and relive all the good times. He wants to go back to the time when all he looked forward to every day was seeing Luhan's face. He wants to go back to the time Luhan rounded up all his friends and sang "Growl" for him just because. His nonchalant exterior was just a mask to block Luhan from seeing how much it was hurting him inside. 

Luhan stares at Sehun for a few moments and then fiddles with the buttons and changes the song. 

 

They somehow end up meeting a month after Sehun fixes Luhan's car. Sehun is towing Chen around the mall, dumping clothes into his friend's arms when he sees Luhan going through racks of clothes with a girl at his side. He freezes in his tracks and Chen nearly bumps into him. 

"Dude, help me. I'm about to suffocate with all these clothes on my face," Chen says. Sehun tears his eyes away from Luhan and the giggling girl and takes off the top seven pairs of jeans on the pile and put then back on the rack. 

"Let's go somewhere else," Sehun utters. 

"What? Why?" 

"Let's just go." Sehun grabs Chen's hands and takes him out of the store. Chen discards the pile of clothes in a basket by the door and follows Sehun. 

They end up at the food court and Sehun plops down on a plastic seat and sulks. 

"What's wrong? You were all happy about going shopping and now you're like this," Chen says. 

"Luhan," Sehun mumbles. 

"Oh god, that guy? Sehun, I thought you were over him!" 

"I thought I was. I don't think I am." 

 

After Luhan drops his cousin off back at her house, he drives to a McDonalds and buys himself a sandwich and soda. He sits in the corner table, eating by himself. He had seen Sehun earlier, at the store holding another guy's hand while dragging him out, and had felt a little bubble of something in the pit of his stomach. Now that he looks back at it, it felt a little bit like jealousy. Luhan sips on his Coke and takes a bite of the lettuce sticking out of his sandwich. 

He finishes the sandwich and throws the cup away. He leaves the building and gets in his car. The radio is and the first thing he hears is "y" and the beginning of "Growl" begins to play. 

 

Sehun finds himself thinking a lot about Luhan over the next few days. He doesn't know why, his mind wanders and it just ends up on Luhan. Sehun sighs, running his hand through his hair. He's messing with the Candy Crush game on his phone, because he's bored out of his mind, when the doorbell rings. Sehun screams for his mother to get it, but no one replies and the doorbell rings again. 

Sehun huffs and tosses his phone on his bed. He takes his time going down the stairs and shuffles to the front door, not bothering to peek outside first to see who it was. 

"Luhan?" 

"Hey." 

"W-what are you doing here?" he asks incredulously. 

"I know it's been a while, but I couldn't get me mind off you. Can we talk? Just like old times?" Luhan has a hopeful look on his face. "Please?" he pleads.

Sehun gulps and chews on his lip. "Come in."

"No, I was think we could go out. Out-outside I mean," Luhan says quickly. "And, uh, if it's okay with you, you should pack for a night or two. Leave your parents a note too." 

Sehun frowns. "Are you kidnapping me?"

"Kidnapping in a fun way, yes. I'm taking you on a trip, Sehun. It's just for the next two days, I promise."

 "Umm, sure. Lemme get dressed first." Sehun leaves the door open and walks up the stairs. He's trying to hide the blush on his cheeks and how the room suddenly got 100 times hotter. Maybe it was just him, but Luhan definitely looked good today. Better than usual, more like his mother, who Sehun learned was a model two months into their relationship. Sehun slapped himself when he finally got to his room and shut the door behind him. Sehun changed out of his sleep clothes, the Spongebob shirt he owned since middle school and sweats, and wore a clean black shirt (he's 60% sure it's clean, it didn't smell when he sniffed it) and ripped jeans. He stuffs a bunch of clothes in a duffle bag and scribbles a note to his mother saying he's going on a camping trip with a friend and that he'll be back in two days. Sehun grabbed his phone, keys, and wallet and left the house, putting on a jacket. He followed Luhan to his car, threw the bag in the backseat, and sat down in the passenger's seat. 

He trusted Luhan. It was just an instinct. Luhan kept driving and driving until the scenery became somewhat unfamiliar. Sehun knew the road they were driving on, but he couldn't remember where it led. And then it hit him. It led to the campsite they went to for a trip in college. It was where they met. 

Sehun has a feeling that the next two days are going to make him fall head over heels in love with Lu Han all over again.