29.

Revolves Around You

It's just a disclaimer that I cannot watch scary movies, which means that whatever movie they're watching seems familar to is just a coincidence. I am a chicken and so is Sehun. Also if you're easily freaked out, be wary, lol. I freaked myself out. 


Prompt: Predebut era; canon; Sehun doesn't know what to do when he has a nightmare and no one wants to cuddle (Inspired somewhat from missfluffysoo who always comes up with the best fluff material ^-^)

Word count: 1160


"I don't want to watch this," Sehun mumbles. 

"Why? You scared?" Chanyeol teases. He pokes Sehun's side and makes a weird face. "What a baby," he says, "Baby Sehunnie's scared of the dark!" 

"Stop it!" Sehun scowls, throwing a pillow at the older boy and crossing his arms over his chest. 

"Oh, stop it, Chanyeol." Joonmyeon swats the younger's arms away from Sehun. "Sit down." 

Chanyeol continues to make weird faces at Sehun as he moves to turn off the lights. He tiptoes his way and after flicking the light switch, creeps up behind Sehun and slams his hands down on Sehun's shoulders. The younger shrieks and falls off the couch in an attempt to push Chanyeol's hands off. Chanyeol and the other burst out in loud laugher and Sehun is left feeling bullied and upset, like he normally does when Chanyeol and Baekhyun decide to play pranks on him. 

"Hey, you good?" Luhan asks, nudging his side when he climbs back onto the couch. 

Sehun's face is etched in a permanent frown as he brushes Luhan off. "Leave me alone," he huffs. 

Luhan backs off then and scoots away from him to lean closer to Yifan on his other side. 

Sehun misses the warmth of Luhan pressed against his arm. 

The movie starts. There is a crackle and a black and white screen appears. Sehun can already feel the chills going down his spine. Damn Baekhyun for suggesting they watch a scary movie. 

 

When the movie ends, Yixing,  Minseok, Jongin, Zitao and Kyungsoo are asleep. Everyone else is dozing off, but Sehun is still wide awake, the images of the little girl imprintied in his irises. He can hear the bloodcurdling screams of the people echo in his ears. 

In his daze, he doesn't notice as everyone slowly files out of the living room and Yifan telling him to turn off the light when he leaves. As the youngest of 12 and only 15 he's not supposed to be left alone to turn off the lights in the living room after a horror movie. 

"H-hyung?" Sehun clutches a pillow close to his chest as his lower lip wobbles. "A-anyone?" When there is no reply, Sehun can only curse to himself and take a few deep breaths. After five of those, he flicks off the lights and runs to his room down the hall. Slamming the door behind him, he jumps into bed and pulls the covers over him. There is silence except for his heavy breathing and the sound of the clock ticking. 

Sehun gulps, closing his eyes but only opening them again when the little girl appears in the dark. He makes a strangled noise and calls out for Jongin who's in the bed next to him. "Jongin?" There is a soft snore as a reply and Sehun whimpers. "Jongin," he calls out, louder this time. Still nothing. 

The tank top he's wearing suddenly feels too thin and his entire body shakes from fear and slight cold. Sehun kind of wants to stand up and get a sweater but he can't! The little girl might be there, ready to kill him! 

As the youngest of 12, Sehun knows that it's his job to be comforted by the other hyungs, but at 1 in the morning, he doesn't think anyone wants to cuddle. 

After a few moments of fitful tossing and turning under the stuffy covers, Sehun slowly drifts off. 

 

"Sehun."

Sehun turns and his blood runs cold when he sees the little girl staring back at him. 

"Hi there, Sehun. Come play?" 

Sehun screams. His feet move on their own accord, running and running as fast as they can, but the little girl is fast too. She runs, red blood dripping from her eyes as she chases him, screaming, "Why don't you play with me?!" 

Suddenly he trips, sprawling over some invisible bump on the ground. The little girl catches up and the last thing Sehun sees is her eyes, endless, black pits of nothing. 

Sehun wakes up in a puddle of tears and sweat. He winces when he glances at the clock and sees it at 3:43. The sky is still dark but the lighting from the building outside casts an eerie glow on the floor. Sehun chokes on his saliva and curls up on his side. "Jongin," he calls out. 

Jongin only groans and turns so his back faces Sehun. 

Sehun sniffles, wiping his eyes, and turns around. "Joonmyeon-hyung." 

"Go to sleep, Sehunnie. There's practice tomorrow," Joonmyeon murmurs. 

"No, hyung, I-"

But Joonmyeon's snoring cuts him off. Sehun is getting more and more discouraged. He doesn't want to venture out on his own, but there's no other choice when none of his roommates wants to comfort him. Wrapping the blanket tightly around himself and grabbing his phone, Sehun slides out of bed and runs into the next room. There's Zitao curled up in Yifan's bed, so that was off limits. Chanyeol was on the other side of the room, snoring with drool running down his cheek.

Shaking his head, Sehun spins around and goes into the room across the hall. Minseok wasn't much of a cuddler and he never knows how to comfort someone well (other than a few awkward pats on their back and saying "it's okay" multiple times) and Yixing looks too comfortable and tired to be bothered. Kyungsoo was wrapped up too tightly in his blanket burrito to crawl into so Sehun eliminates that hyung too. There was only one room and left and Sehun was getting more and more paranoid that there was someone behind him. 

The last room housed Luhan, Baekhyun, and Jongdae. The door was closed, but unlocked. Sehun twists the doorknob open and scrambles inside. As he closes the door and scans his hyungs, his foot catches on something (which he later finds out his Baekhyun's sweater) and he falls, a loud yelp leaving his lips that wakes up Luhan and Jongdae. The lamp flicks on and Luhan peers over his bed to find Sehun on the floor, crying quietly and curled up in his blanket. 

"What the heck?" Jongdae mumbles, still half asleep as he rubs his eyes. 

"Go back to sleep, Jongdae," Luhan says. "Sehunnie? What are you doing?" Luhan kicks the blankets off of him and moves to the edge of the bed. "Are you okay?" 

Sehun shakes his head. "No," he replies, voice thick with tears. 

"Aww, come here." 

Sehun crawls to Luhan's bed and climbs in. The elder immediately wraps his arms around Sehun's small frame and turns off the lights. He pulls the blankets over their bodies and pats Sehun's trembling back. 

"Was it the movie?" 

"That and my nightmare," Sehun whispers. "Joonmyeon and Jongin didn't help." 

"If you have nightmares, you can always come to hyung, remember that." 

Sehun curls up in Luhan's chest and closes his eyes. "O-okay." 

Sehun falls asleep in Luhan's arms with his ear pressed against Luhan's chest.


It was a mistake writing this at night alone in my room. Dammit.