23.

Revolves Around You

Prompt: Based on this from OTPPrompts on tumblr; top!Sehun

Word count: 799


"Hey, Lu, I was going to go out with Tao, you wanna come? We're gonna celebrate surviving hell week."

"Sorry, Hun, I have to study." Luhan doesn't even look away from his notes and textbook as he talks. 

"You still have a final right?" Sehun swoops down and kisses Luhan's cheek. 

"Yea." Luhan pulls at his hair, letting the pencil drop from between his teeth. "Dammit, nothing's sticking!" 

Sehun tugs Luhan's hands away from his hair and straightens out the fingers soothingly. "Hey, hey, calm down. You've been sitting here for hours. Maybe you should take a break," Sehun suggests. 

"No! I can't! This is my hardest class and it determines my grade for the semester! If I fail this, I have to retake the class. I can't do that, Sehun!" Luhan wriggles in Sehun's hold and buries his face in his hands, groaning. "Just go. You're distracting me." 

Sehun, instead of leaving, pulls up another chair and plops down beside Luhan. "Lu, you need a break. Nothing's sticking because you're cramming all this information into your head. You're going to burst. Come with me and Jongin. You need to let off some steam and take a break." 

"I'm so stupid! I can't even remember simple things like formulas and names, how am I supposed to succeed at life?!" Luhan hands reach up to pull at his hair again, but Sehun is quicker and grabs them. "I'm so dumb, it's a miracle I got this far in life!" 

Sehun sighs, picking Luhan's small frame up easily. He can see Luhan's red-rimmed, puffy eyes with tears leaking out of the sides. His oversized jumper hanging off his thin body. Luhan suddenly looks too pale, too thin, too sick. Sehun places him on their bed, pulling up the blanket and tucking it around Luhan's body. 

"I'm so stupid! I hate this! I hate college!" Luhan starts to pinch the skin of his forearm, leaving red marks in its place.

Sehun stops him and kisses all the marks left behind. "Lu." He hovers over Luhan's trembling form.  

"Why are you even here with such a dumb person like me?!"

"Luhan, look at me," Sehun says sternly. He wipes the tears off Luhan's red cheeks and presses kisses to his forehead, eyelids, nose, and finally lips. "You're not dumb. You're not stupid. You're a very intelligent person. Don't put yourself down like that." Sehun smiles softly and lies on his side, swinging a leg over Luhan's body and wrapping an arm around his boyfriend's chest. "I'm here because I love you. Not because what's in here," Sehun taps Luhan's temple, "Or what's out here," Sehun gestures at Luhan's body, "But what's in there." Sehun pokes Luhan's chest. "I love you because of your personality and the way that you treat others. Not because of how smart you are or what you look like." 

"Hun..." 

"So don't put yourself down, alright?" Sehun nuzzles his face into the crook of Luhan's neck. "I love you." 

Luhan's crying has dissolved into sniffles now and he stares at Sehun's earnest expression with a hint of a smile on his lips. "You always make everything better." Luhan turns onto his side and hugs Sehun tightly. "I don't know what I would do without you." 

"You'd be nothing without me," Sehun jokes. He kisses Luhan's hair. "And I would be nothing without you. So don't talk about why I'm still here. I would never leave you. We've been together since we were born and I intend to stay with you until I die." 

Luhan lets out a content sigh. "I think I'll go with you and Tao," he whispers. 

"Yay," Sehun whispers back. 

They lay in a comfortable silence, wrapped in each other's arms. 

"Do you want hot chocolate?" Sehun suddenly asks. 

"Yes." 

"Okay." Sehun sits up, picking Luhan up and carrying him through their tiny dorm room with ease. He sets Luhan down on the counter, still swaddled with blankets. "Should we make one for Tao too? He should be here in a few minutes." 

"Hmm." Luhan watches as Sehun moves around the kitchen gracefully. He smiles at the sight of Sehun's back. His boyfriend looks so much better. in Luhan's opinion, though his front view was pretty nice too. Sehun's long legs that seemed to go on for forever and his sturdy back that carries Luhan around on nights where he parties a little too hard. Sehun was the best best-friend Luhan has ever had and an even better boyfriend. Luhan has loved every moment he had spent with Sehun in this lifetime. Luhan slides down from the counter, standing on unsteady feet, and inches his way to Sehun's body. He hugs Sehun tightly, nuzzling his cheek against Sehun's shoulderblade. "Love you." 

"Love you too." Sehun smiles. 


Pretty short, but really fluffy. I hope you enjoyed it! Striving for a double update, so look forward to it!