28.

Revolves Around You

Prompt: Based on this from Otpprompts on Tumblr

Word count: 1,027


"Daddy! Daddy, I want this one!" 

"Jongin, put it down." Sehun takes the toy out of Jongin's little hands and puts it back on the shelf. "We have to get lunch before I take you to Uncle Min's house." 

"No! Daddy, I want it!" Jongin stomps his little feet and crosses his arms. 

Sighing, Sehun picks up his son and carries him out of the store.

Jongin begins to fuss, whining and asking, "Daddy, why are you so mean?!" When that tactic doesn't work, he resorts to pounding on his father's back and crying. 

"Jongin, don't whine," Sehun scolds after he buckles Jongin in. "If you whine, we won't eat in the store and you'll eat at Uncle Minseok's house instead. 

"No! Jongdae takes my food!" Jongin sniffles, rubbing his eyes. "I want a cheeseburger." 

"Okay, okay. Don't cry alright? Be a good boy." Sehun pushes Jongin's hair out of his face and kisses his forehead. 

It's always been Sehun and Jongin, father and son against the world (with the occasional appearance from Minseok who helps Sehun with taking care of Jongin). Sehun's wife had left after deciding settling down with a family just wasn't for her. Sehun, who loved her too much to see her unhappy, decided to let her go. She still calls once in a while and sends Jongin gifts from various places all over the world. But since Sehun hasn't seen her face in five years, his feelings have disappeared long ago.

As he pulls into a parking lot of the diner they frequent, Sehun hears Jongin scream, "Yay!" and smiles. He takes his son out of his carseat. Jongin jumps excitedly as Sehun locks the car doors and raises his hand to grab his father's fingers. "Daddy, do you like it here? I like the cheeseburgers because I get stickers with it too! Daddy, do you think I'll get stickers today?" 

"Yes, Jongin, you'll get stickers." Sehun pushes the doors of the diner and is greeted with "Welcome to BC's!" like usual. Sehun's friend, Baekhyun, is one of the owners of the place and so Sehun always goes there for lunch. Jongin loves the place because of the stickers, but Sehun's reason for always coming back is more than just the fact that Baekhyun is the co-owner. 

"Hi, Sehun. Hi, Jongin." 

"Hyung!" Jongin's hand slips out of Sehun's grip and Sehun watches his son runs into Luhan's arms. 

Luhan. Their waiter. He was a nice man, a few years older than Sehun himself, still fresh out of college but not landing a stable job yet. BC's is his part-time job according to Baekhyun, but he spends more time at the diner than other places. 

Luhan guides them to an empty booth where Jongin climbs on the cushions and scoots in before Sehun sits down beside him. 

"What do you want today?" Luhan asks. 

"Cheeseburger!" Jongin exclaims. "Hyung, I want stickers too!" 

Luhan jots it down in his notepad and then looks at Sehun. "What would you like today?" Luhan always gives Sehun smiles that seem to make his day seem so much better, especially when Jongin is just not cooperating. 

"Grilled cheese and ham." 

"So the same? Orange juice and water?" 

Sehun nods. "Thanks, Luhan." 

"No problem." Luhan saunters off, the order paper in his hands as he walks. Sehun leans his chin on his elbow, watching Luhan disappear from view. He doesn't even notice Jongin hitting his shoulder. 

"Daddy!" Jongin all but shrieks into his ear, attracting a few annoyed looks from the people around them. 

Sehun bows his head and pulls Jongin down to the seat. "Jongin, sit down." 

Jongin frowns, but listens, sitting down and swinging his feet back and forth. "Daddy, why do you stare at Hyung like that?" 

"What?" Sehun stares at his son with an incredulous look on his face, as if he just couldn't believe something like that came out of his son's mouth. 

"You stare at him a lot," Jongin says, staring at the red table with great infatuation. "Do you like Hyung?" 

"Jongin, hush." Sehun's cheeks are pink; he can feel them burning. He nearly chokes on his own spit when Jongin says, "I think you do like Hyung," when Luhan walks back to their table with the tray of drinks balanced on one hand.

"Who likes me?" Luhan asks Jongin when he slides the plastic cup with fish on the outside to Jongin and sticks the straw into the water. 

"Daddy does!" 

"No, I don't! Wait, yes I do! Wait. Well, I don't like like you but I do like you!" Sehun fumbles with his words, cheeks bright red by now as Luhan stares at him with a raised eyebrow and an amused look on his face. Sehun's features screw up into a displeased expression and he gulps down his orange juice instead. 

Luhan his lips and clears his throat. "I like you too, Sehun." 

Sehun chokes on his drink.

Luhan laughs after patting Sehun's back and handing him a few napkins. "I'll be back with your meal in a few minutes." 

Sehun's face is still red when Luhan comes back and places their food on the table. Sehun notices a slip of paper under his plate and when he unfolds it, he nearly faints. 

Movie night tomorrow? Call me. XX-XXX-XXXX.

 

"Jongin didn't mean it that way you know. He just...I...uh...we..." 

"Sehun, it's okay." 

"No! It's embarassing! He's just a really vocal child, always asking questions and blurting things out without thinking!" 

"Don't you do that too?" 

"Um...yes?" 

"Daddy! I can't find the book!" Jongin comes running out of his bedroom while tugging his blanket along. "Oh, Hyung!" 

"Hey, Jongin!" 

"Are you here to take Daddy on a date?" 

Luhan smiles. "Yes." 

"Daddy's been worrying about it all day! He kept asking Uncle Min what to wear." Jongin grins. "Uncle Min kept yelling at him, 'Stop freaking out! It's just a date!'" 

Luhan laughs and Sehun's face burns. 

"Jongin, go to bed!" Sehun picks up his son and walks out of the living room. 

"Daddy likes you very, very much, Hyung! He talks about you all the time!" Jongin continues. 

"Jongin!"