20.

Revolves Around You

I don't really have a lot of experience writing Vampire-ish things. All this is either made up or "inspired" by Twilight. lol. And it takes an angsty turn at the end. :P (I was listening to "Kiss Me" by Ed Sheeran while writing this.)


Prompt: vampire!Luhan and human!Sehun; top!luhan (requested by DeerDot)

Word count: 2,334


Sehun doesn't know what to think when Jongin suddenly moves. He's only 5 and his best friend has already left him. How was he supposed to survive the rest of his life? Sehun felt like his life had already ended. That is, until someone else moved in. He was about 2 years older than Sehun and really nice. Sehun declared this boy his new best friend. (But don't tell Jongin.)

 

"Hyung!" 

Luhan turns around when he hears 6 year old Sehun call his name. "Yea?" 

"Help me with homework!" Sehun sips on his juice box and swings his legs.

Luhan hums, grabbing an apple and biting it before closing the refrigerator door. "What is it?"

"I don't know what this means." Sehun points at the paper and leans his head on Luhan's arm. "I don't want to do homework anymore." Sehun finds it kind of weird how it's nearing summer, but Luhan's arm is still cold as ice. "Are you sick again? You're so cold." Sehun nuzzles his face into Luhan's arm. "I like it." 

Luhan chuckles and ruffles Sehun's hair. "I'm just naturally cold." Luhan pulls a chair over and instructs Sehun on what to do. 

 

Their relationship is steady until they enter high school. That's when Sehun notices weird changes in Luhan's behavior. Luhan is paler, hair a little darker, he looks sick most of the time (and is actually "sick" most of the time). 

It's when Luhan is "sick" for the second week in a row that Sehun decides to visit his neighbors for the first time in years. The house emits a somewhat ominous feeling to it, but Sehun's used to it by now (it's one of the reasons he loved trick-or-treating at their house. No one came because they were too scared and Luhan gave most of their candy to Sehun). He climbs up the steps and stands on the porch. He avoids stepping on the creaky floorboard and jumps over it, knowing how it drove Mrs. Lu crazy. He rings the doorbell and waits. 

Mrs. Lu comes to the door and is surprised to find Sehun standing there with a container of what seems to be his mother's chicken soup. "Is Luhan sick again?" 

Mrs. Lu nods. "Sorry Sehun, you can't see him." 

Sehun wilts slightly. "Tell him I hope he gets better soon. My mom sent this." Sehun raises the container. "But can I see him? Please? I won't even say anything, and stay by the door. I just want to see him. It's been 2 weeks, Auntie." 

Mrs. Lu is contemplating when a painful scream echos through the house. She bolts like lighting, leaving Sehun standing at the door. Sehun finds that voice really familiar. He steps inside the house and walks to the kitchen, setting down the container. The house hasn't changed at all these past few years. Sehun is about to leave when he hears another wail, followed by a crash and crying. Sehun frowns. Was something going on? 

"Make it stop! It hurts! Mom, make it stop!" 

That definitely sounded like Luhan. Sehun tiptoes his way in the direction of Luhan's room and finds the door wide open. He peeks in and what he finds gives him the scare of his life. 

Luhan is tied to the bed, hair matted to his forehead with sweat, bared teeth, dark blood running through deathly pale skin. Sehun knows something was wrong. He lets out an involuntary gasp and Mrs. Lu jumps at the noise. She whipped around and saw Sehun standing at the door, wide eyed. The door is slammed shut and Sehun's  heart stops. Why?

Because Mrs. Lu was across the room, no one touched the door; it closed on it's own. 

 

Sehun has trouble sleeping that night, the image of Luhan stuck in his mind. Whenever he closes his eyes, pale Luhan with blood red eyes pops up in front of him. When he opens them, the shadows become figures of people, slowly creeping up to his bed. He lies on his bed, shivering from fear when he hears a knock on his window. He lets out a strangled noise and hides under his blankets. There is an eerie silence until it comes again. 

Sehun curls up into a ball, hugging his knees, whimpering "Mom, save me," under his breath. The window creaks open, and Sehun's breathing quickens. "Oh my god. I'm gonna die." There are feather light footsteps on the floor, but it sounds so loud in Sehun's ears. "Bye, Mom. I'm sorry I disappointed you." Sehun can see, with some of the lighr filtering through his blanket, that there is someone hovering over him. He gasps and feels beads of sweat roll down his face. "I love you, Mom." 

"Oh, god Sehun, what the heck are you talking about?" 

Sehun jerks back, rolling so his back presses against the wall. "Don't kill me!" 

There is laughter and a hand touches his arm. "It's me." 

Sehun recognizes the voice. He relaxes slightly. "L-luhan?" 

"Hey." Sehun lifts the blanket off and meets eyes with Luhan. His eyes are normal, dark brown. Luhan smiles and reaches a hand out to brush Sehun's hair away from his forehead. "I scared you earlier, huh?" 

Sehun stares up at Luhan with wide eyes. "Y-you're not a human...are you?" 

Luhan blinks, eyes flashing red, making Sehun flinch. "No." 

"What are you?"

"Guess." Luhan sits down on Sehun's bed and puts his hand on Sehun's stomach.

Sehun's heartbeat quickens, as he closes his eyes. "I-I don't know." 

"You're smarter than that, Sehunnie. Come on." Luhan brushes his ice cold fingers over Sehun's cheek. "Guess." 

Sehun closes his eyes. "Luhan..." he whispers. 

"I'm a vampire. Aren't you scared of me?" Luhan voice is really close to him. Sehun can feel Luhan's breath on his skin. "I can kill you right now." 

"You won't," Sehun breathes out. "Because you're Luhan. You're my best friend." Sehun's eyelids flutter open. "You'd never do that to me." The feeling of Luhan being so close to him, makes him uneasy, but he endures it. 

Luhan smiles softly. "I love you. You know that?" Luhan presses his lips to Sehun's temple. "I always have. I know you're probably going to stop being my friend after this, so I'm telling you now." 

"What do you mean? You're Luhan, what's there to be afraid of?" Sehun eyes curve into half moons. "You wouldn't hurt a fly." 

"I've changed, Sehun. I'm different now." 

"You're still Luhan. My Luhan." 

 

As they lay together on Sehun's bed, Sehun finds himself wondering about things. 

"What's wrong?" Luhan asks groggily. "You seem bothered." 

"I was thinking about what I saw earlier." 

Luhan cracks open his eyes and stares at Sehun. "Oh that? You can't sleep now right?" 

Sehun wrinkles his nose. "Not really." 

Luhan smiles. "What are you thinking about specifically? My face?" Sehun chews on the inside of his mouth. "I think so," Luhan continues. "That's the ugliest part of Changing." 

"Changing?" 

"Yea. When a born vampire turns 17, they go through the Changing. It's when they mature into full fledged vampires. I need my bi-weekly dose of blood and my fangs grew out," Luhan explains. "Real vampires aren't like those sterotypical ones in movies and books you know. We don't need blood all the time. It just replenishes our energy a lot faster. Otherwise, we can also survive on just eating red foods. But we do need our sleep, so I'm going to close my eyes and snore now." Luhan smiles and turns onto his side.  

Sehun wrinkles his nose. "This is so weird. I have a vampire in my room, lying in bed next to me. You're still really cold, you know." 

Luhan waves his hand dismissively. "Sleep." 

Sehun smiles and stays silent, staring up at the ceiling. But after a while, another thought comes to mind. "Luhan? What are we now?" 

"What do you want us to be?" 

"Boyfriends?" Sehun squeaks. 

"Boyfriends it is." 

 

LuDeer: Sehun

HunHun: Hmmm

LuDeer: I have to tell you something

HunHun: What

LuDeer: We're moving

HunHun: HunHun is typing...

"Hey!" Luhan tooks out his window and finds Sehun staring back, waving his arms. 

Luhan moves to the window and opens it. "We're moving!" he yells back. 

"What the heck, hyung?!" 

"I just found out last night," Luhan explains. "Sehun, I-" 

"We just got together last week!" Sehun screams. He slams his window closed and even puts down the curtains. 

Luhan sighs, running his fingers through his hair. He goes back to his computer and finds a message from Sehun.

HunHun: Is this about me finding out about you guys? I already said I wouldn't tell anyone. Why are you leaving me now? T^T

LuDeer: It's just about time. We can't stay here forever. Not when my parents look the same as 10 years ago. My mom's running out of way to divert the neighborhood aunties' attention from her 'youthful' look. 

HunHun: Hyung...

LuDeer: Sorry Sehun-ah. :(

HunHun has gone offline.

 

"Hi Aunty, is Sehun home?" 

"Yea, go on up." 

Luhan walks up the stairs and stands outside of Sehun's room. He take a deep breath and raps his knuckles on the door. 

A muffled, "Come in!" can be heard and Luhan turns the doorknob. He steps inside and finds Sehun sitting at his computer, typing furiously onto his laptop. "Mom, I said I was going to do the laundry later, just let me be for the next half hour. I'll do....Hyung?'

"Hey." Luhan sits down on the edge of Sehun's bed. "I just wanted to visit you." 

Sehun face droops and he turns back to his computer. "Okay..." 

Luhan bites his lip. "Is that it?" 

"What else do you want me to say? I want you to stay? Because we both know saying that isn't going to change anything." Sehun sounds cold, and his hostile tone makes Luhan flinch. 

"Sehun-"

"I get it okay? You have to leave. Don't keep rubbing it in." 

"Why are you getting so worked up?! I'm angry that we have to move too, you know!" Luhan argues, standing up to prove his point. Sehun glares at his computer screen, eyes shining with unshed tears. Luhan continues his rant. "You don't think I'm angry that I have to leave this life I'm so used to? All my friends, my teachers, my team, my neighbors, don't you think I'm angry too? Why are you getting frustrated at me when I'm the one suffering?!" 

When Luhan finished, Sehun is already crying, muffling his sobs with his sleeve. Luhan's eyes widen. Sehun hasn't cried in front of him in forever. The last time was when he was 7 and fell off his bike, but even then, those were just a few tears. But this...Sehun was crying, with waterfalls of tears falling from his eyes. Luhan reaches a hand out to Sehun's chair. "Se-Sehun? I-I'm sorry. I didn't mean to yell at you. I..." Luhan trails off. "I'm sorry." 

"We're over right?" Sehun finally asks. HIs voice is soft, like a child. 

"What?" 

"We're obviously not going to make it. This relationship isn't going to last." 

"Sehun, why are you-" 

"Don't. Don't try to tell me you'll try to make it work. It was stupid to get with you anyway. How can I be with you? We're not the same. There is no way we can be together. You moving just proved that to me." 

"Se-" 

"Bye, Luhan. I'll miss y0u." 

 

The sun is shining bright, the sky is blue, the breeze is cool. Luhan packs the last of the boxes into his father's car. He fixes his sweater sleeve and stares at Sehun's house. Mrs. Oh is outside with her husband, conversing with Luhan's own parents, but Sehun is no where to be found. Luhan feels bitterness on his tongue as he gives one last hug to his friends, his neighbors, to Mr. and Mrs. Oh (who were more than just neighbors). Sehun still hasn't shown up. As Luhan climbs into the truck, it finally settles in his mind. Sehun isn't coming. He ended their relationship. Sehun isn't going to come. 

Luhan smiles half-heartedly, eyes burning, as he waves. He closes the door and faces the front. "We'll have a new life. A fresh start," his mother tells him. He hums, the words slipping in one ear and out the other. All he can think of is, Sehun, please come. But when his father starts the car and begins to drive, Luhan loses all hope. His mother passes him a container of strawberries from the front, saying, "You look awfully pale. More pale than usual." Luhan accepts them, and bites into one half-heartedly. It's sour. The taste makes him want to cry, reminded of memories of Sehun giggling while making cakes. Without him knowing, tears begin to fall. 

"Luhan?" 

He looks up and finds his father smiling back at him. "There's someone looking for you." His father nods back behind them and Luhan follows his gaze to find Sehun running after their car. Luhan puts the lip on the strawberry container and jumps out of the car. Sehun runs into his arms and buries his head in the crook of Luhan's neck. 

"I tried to stay away, but I couldn't. Oh god, I love you too much to just let you go without saying anything," he cries. "I'm sorry. I was only thinking of myself. We should have spent our last days together doing stuff so I could make memories with you. Instead I pushed you away. I'm sorry." 

Luhan blinks tears out of his eyes. "It's okay. It's okay. I know you won't believe me, but I will make this work. We'll ignore the distance. We can do it." 

"But you're..." 

"We can ignore that too. Nothing can stop us. I love you, and you love me, and that's all that matters." 

Luhan's red lips are cold on Sehun's but Sehun still finds the feeling Luhan gives him the warmest of all. 


The ending kind of reminds me of SeKwang (the real otp) in Exo Next Door, lol.

Go here