5.

Revolves Around You

First time writing fem!Sehun. This is going to be weird. (Language and angsty-ish)


Prompt: fem!Sehun; Luhan has been spending more time with his partner for a project, who has a crush on him, which leads Sehun to think that she's not good enough for him (requested by --beautifulstranger)

Word count: 2,057


Sehun grits her teeth but doesn't say a word. She stabs her fork into the cherry tomato and frowns when it bursts, juice staining her uniform shirt. She huffs and picks up her tray. Sehun stands and throws it away and turns to leave, but not before glancing back. Luhan is smiling and has his hand around hers as he guides her hand across the paper. Sehun turns green with envy and storms out of the cafeteria. 

Luhan doesn't even notice. 

 

Sehun stares at her reflection in the mirror. She chews on her lower lip as she pulls her hair into a ponytail. Tying it up while scrolling through her phone, she stops at a picture of Sohyun from 4Minute. She opens up her email and sends Tao the picture. 

Sehun: This one?

Tao: OMG. YES.

Sehun bites her lip to hide a smile but it slowly slips off her face. 

Sehun: You think he'll like it?

Tao: Of course he will. He'll love you no matter what you look like

Sehun resists typing out her inner thoughts. 

Sehun: Okay, I'll come pick you up

Tao: Cool

An hour later, Sehun smiles and runs her fingers through her newly dyed and cut hair. Tao squeals next to her and plays with the strands of her blonde hair as Sehun scrolls through Instagram. 

"You look hot." 

Sehun's lips lower for a second and then quirk right back up again. "You think he'll talk to me now? He hasn't for the past week." 

"Girl, if he doesn't have time for you, you leave that bastard." 

"But..." 

"Sehun. You guys are together. If anything, you can just talk to him after-school," Tao advises. 

That's exactly what Sehun does the next day. 

"Oppa?" 

Luhan closes his locker and pulls her into a hug. "Yes?" He kisses her forehead and then smiles. "Your new haircut really fits you." 

"Thanks," Sehun mumbles shyly. Even after being together for three months, Luhan still manages to make Sehun flustered whenever he complements her. They walk down the hallways together, Luhan's arm resting on Sehun's hip comfortably. "Are you busy today?" 

"I don't think so," Luhan replies. "We can go on a date." 

Sehun grins and leans up to peck Luhan's cheek. "That'd be great." Luhan's hand falls from Sehun's hip and gravitate towards her hand. She gets the message and intertwines their fingers together. 

Luhan buys an ice cream cone and they share it, passing it back and forth as they walk in the streets. Halfway through their date, Luhan's phone rings. He stops walking and Sehun waits for him. 

"Jinah?" Luhan glances over at Sehun, who has a sudden change in expression. "I'm kind of busy right now." 

Sehun's knit into a frown when she sees Luhan go through his pockets and pull out a USB. "I have it here. I thought I gave it to you....Alright. I'll be there." He hangs up and grabs Sehun's hand. "I'm really sorry. Something came up and I have to leave." Luhan kisses Sehun's forehead. 'I'll bring you out again another time. I'm so sorry." He doesn't even wait for Sehun to say anything before he leaves. 

Sehun has never felt more betrayed. 

 

Sehun glares at the girl who saunters up to the table Sehun and Luhan are sitting at for lunch. 

"Oppa." 

Luhan stops eating and looks up at her. "Yea?" 

"Can we work on our project after-school today? I'm going to be busy tomorrow," Jinah says. Her voice is so fake, Sehun wants to gag. 

Luhan shakes his head, his hand dropping from the table onto Sehun's lap and taking her hand. "I'm busy today," he says politely. 

"Oppa, but this project is important! Can't your date wait?" Jinah looks over at Sehun and gives her a once over. Sehun scoffs internally at her action. 

But Luhan, instead of declining again, looks over at Sehun. Sehun blinks slowly. "Can we postpone our date until tomorrow?" he whispers. 

Sehun's palms turn sweaty and she wretches her hands from his. "Do whatever you want," she hisses. She stands and leaves, catching the triumphant smirk from Jinah. 

 

Tao rubs her best friend's back comfortingly as Sehun sobs into her hands. "Just let it out, Sehun, just let it out." Sehun's phone vibrates beside her on the desk, but Sehun doesn't move to check it. Tao reaches over and picks it off and unlocks it. "Luhan says he's coming as soon as he can." She looks up at Sehun expectantly. "What do you want me to say?" 

"I don't care anymore. Just tell him to off. He doesn't even care," Sehuns sniffles. 

" off, bastard. Sehun doesn't want you here," Tao says as he types into Sehun's phone. "Sent it." She puts the phone down and wraps her arm around Sehun's shaking body. "When your done crying, tell me, alright?" 

Sehun nods, whimpering into her hands. 

The doorbell rings minutes later and Tao goes to see who it is. 

Luhan bursts into the house once Tao opens the door and runs to Sehun's room immediately. "Oh my god, Sehun, are you okay?" He kneels down in front of her and pulls her hands away from her face. "Baby, talk to me." 

Sehun turns her head and cries even more. "Go away." 

Luhan blinks, confused. "What? Sehun?" 

"Go away! Go back to that stupid and talk to her instead!" 

From that day on, Sehun stops talking to Luhan. 

 

"Sehun-ah, why are you acting like this?" Luhan asks. 

Sehun jerks her arm away from Luhan's hold and continues walking. 

"Sehun!" 

Sehun continues down the street, biting her lip to hold back sobs.

Luhan runs after her and blocks her path. "Why are you crying?" he asks. He tilts her chin up, but Sehun pulls away. "Sehun, you have to tell me what's wrong. I've had enough of this silence between us. We haven't talked in weeks.

"Go back to your partner," she mutters. Sehun hastily wipes her eyes. "Leave." 

"Sehun, what's wrong?" Luhan asks, his voice soft. "Why are you acting this way?" 

"Don't even act nice to me anymore!" Sehun screams. Her books fall from her arms and she lets out a choked sob before crouching down to pick them up. "I don't even want to be together more."

"Sehun?" Luhan sounds so lost and confused that Sehun feels her heart breaking even more. "W-why?" 

"Jinah likes you. Can't you tell? Or are you too dense to tell she's trying to steal you away from me?" 

"Sehun-ah, what in the world are you talking about?" Luhan asks. 

"We're breaking up, God damn it! I hate you! I hate that you can't tell that someone's trying to separate us, I hate that you leave me for her, I hate that I'm second priority!" 

"What are you talking about?!" Luhan screams back. "If this is about Jinah and my project, that's just plain stupid, Sehun!" 

"I guess I'm too stupid for you then!" Sehun yells, tears streaming down her face. She pushes Luhan aside as she walks away. 

Luhan doesn't run after her this time. 

 

"She's insecure. She thinks you don't love her anymore." 

"But I do," Luhan argues. 

"Yes, but you're not showing it. You're always putting her second," Tao says. 

"It's a school project that's worth half my semester grade. I can't fail it." 

"You have to tell her beforehand if you have plans. She hates it when people bail on her minutes before." 

Luhan sighs and runs his fingers through his hair. "I don't know what to do. She's been avoiding me and I'm really worried for her health right now." 

"I'll see what I can do. She's probably at home right now. I'll call her to see if she's free and then we can meet up," Tao suggests. 

"Thank you," Luhan says. 

"No problem." 

 

"Can you at least eat something?" Luhan says softly. He picks up pudding with his spoon and holds it out to Sehun, knowing that it's her favorite. 

Sehun turns her head away and plays with the hem of her shirt. 

"Sehun, I know you haven't been eating." Luhan takes Sehun's hand and places the spoon in her palm. "It's not good for your health if you keep going on this way." 

"You care?" Sehun mutters. 

"Of course I do. I'm your boyfriend, I have to care." 

"So it's an obligation, not something you want to do." Sehun drops the spoon back into the pudding cup and stands. "I'm leaving." 

"Sehun-ah, wait." 

"I've been waiting these past three weeks. You haven't even tried to say anything to me." 

"I have! I've tried to meet you during lunch, break, after-school. You're never there!" 

"That's because Jinah's always with you." Sehun's eyes gloss over with fresh tears. "You know what she told me? She told me that you were happy I was finally off your case. That you felt so much more free without me restricting you." 

"And you believe that?!" Luhan asks incredulously. 

"You didn't say anything to prove it wrong!" 

"Sehun-ah. Don't you know me? Have the three months we spent together meant nothing to you?" 

"No. It meant so much for me. I'm not sure about you though." 

"Sehun, I don't know what that's supposed to mean."

"Did you even love me?" she whispers. 

Luhan's hand shook as he raises it to grab her hand. "Have I ever made you doubt that I didn't? Have I hurt you that much?" 

"It might not be all your fault, but I don't think...after these past weeks...that we're lovers anymore." Sehun gulps, rubbing her eyes with her free hand. "I have to leave." 

"We're still in love," Luhan declares. "Do you want me to prove it to you?" 

Sehun sees the ambitious glint in her boyfriend's eyes. And despite her inner turmoil, says 'yes'.

 

"Oppa? Can we work on our project after school today?" Jinah says, plopping down across Luhan at the lunch table. She doesn't even spare Sehun a glance and props her chin on her hands, smiling. 

"Nope. Busy," he replies simply. 

She frowns. "But...but it's due next week!" 

"And we're almost done. You can do whatever you can, and I'll bring it home so I can work on it," he says. 

Jinah stands and stomps her foot on the ground. "We've been through this, oppa! You can postpone your date to another day!" 

"Sorry, I can't," Luhan answers, smiling back at her. "We've been postponing too many dates already and now I have to make it up to her." He taps his fingers on the hem of Sehun's uniform skirt and grabs her hand. "We have stuff to do." 

"But, oppa-" 

"Goodbye."

 

Luhan's arm snake around Sehun's waist and pulls her closer, making her lean on his chest. He kisses her hair and she moves so that their lips connect. Tao grumbles about not having a boyfriend and telling them to stop with the PDA because it's getting annoying and they're practically making out in public. Sehun had turned around and now has a vice-like grip on Luhan's shirt, wrinkling it in her fingers. She lets go of the cloth slowly, running her palm up and down to smooth out the creases. 

"So... are we actually doing something or are you going to start kissing again?" Tao mutters sarcastically. 

"You can go ahead," Luhan says, caressing Sehun's cheek and then pressing a finger to her lower lip. "We'll catch up." He hovers so close to her face that Sehun can feel his breath on her skin. 

"Like you ever will," Tao snaps, but she grabs her bag and leaves. 

Sehun stands on her tiptoes and kisses Luhan again, biting his lip gently and then opening hers to let his tongue in. Luhan slowly moves her back so that she's pressed against the wall, his arms trapping her inside. Sehun wraps her arms around his neck and his hand slide under her shirt, his other one messing with her hair. 

A loud gasp breaks them apart. Luhan turns and sees Jinah, standing at the top of the stairs, staring at him with wild, tear-filled eyes. He glances back to Sehun, who's fixing her hair, and then back at Jinah. "I thought you were going to work on the project," he says. 

He grins when he sees the smirk on Sehun's face.