18.

Revolves Around You

 

Double update!


Prompt: Luhan wakes up one morning to find a tiny person clawing his face. (requested by missfluffysoo on "Happiness" [That spazzing session was fun] Most of this was her idea too, I'm just putting it into words.)

Word count: 2,628


Luhan feels his cheek burning. He scrunches his face and opens his eyes and sees a tiny shoe on his nose. His eyes widen and he sits up, picking up the foot with two fingers. Dangling the thing in front of him, he squints to make sure he's not seeing things. 

"Put me down!" A tiny human thrashes around in Luhan's hold, face turning red because he's upside down. "Put me down, now!"

Luhan flinches. The person has a really loud voice for such a tiny body. Luhan puts him down on the pillow and watches at he wobbles around, trying to gather his bearings. When he does, he crosses his arms and musters up what Luhan supposes is a menacing glare. A smile plays on Luhan's lips as he raises his eyebrows. "Who are you?" 

"Sehun!" Sehun sticks his nose up into the air and climbs onto Luhan's foot. "Who are you?" 

"Luhan." Luhan wiggles his toes and Sehun struggles to hold on. Luhan smiles. "How did you get here?" 

Sehun frowns and bites his lip, thinking. Then, he shrugs. "I don't know." He walks up Luhan's leg, arms stretched out to balance. He sits down crosslegged on Luhan's knee. "Can you feed me Mr. Luhan?" 

 

Sehun is about the size of Luhan's palm and Luhan finds that it's very easy to lose the other since he's so small. The walk from Luhan's bedroom to the kitchen is relatively short, about 5 yards, but for Sehun, it stretches on for miles. He gets tired about halfway through the trek and flops down on the carpet. He wriggles his toes and giggles at the texture. Being so tall, Luhan doesn't notice that the little human is gone. 

Luhan takes out five cornflakes from the cereal box and puts it on a napkin. He crouches down to pick up Sehun, to find him...no where. Frowning, Luhan stands back up again. He scans the kitchen and finds it empty. "Sehun?" Luhan retraces his footsteps and finds two miniscule feet stick out from under the couch. He lays down on the carpet and looks under to find Sehun curled up, sleeping. Chuckling, Luhan scoops him up and places him on a pillow. Sehun snuggles closer into Luhan's hand, grabbing onto his thumb and ling it. Luhan cringes at the saliva on his finger, but otherwise does nothing to pull away. Sehun just looks too precious. 

 

Sehun rubs his eyes and yawns, stretching and groaning. He finds himself on something really fluffy. He snuggles closer to it, making content noises. 

Luhan hears the squeaks and turns. "Oh, you're awake." He takes his hand away and wipes his hands on his pants. "Have a nice sleep?" 

Sehun nods sleepily, raising his arms as if wanting to be carried. "I want food, Mr. Luhan." 

Luhan laughs. "That's where we were going before you fell asleep." 

Sehun pouts. "I was tired. The hike was very tiring." Luhan sticks out a finger and Sehun grabs hold of it, climbing on and sitting in Luhan's open palm. Luhan places him on his shoulder. He walks into the kitchen and places Sehun on the table. Sehun grabs a cornflake and takes a tentative . His eyes brighten at the sugar coating it and he takes a large bite. Luhan watches Sehun eat with a smile. 

 

"I have a tiny human at my house who's wailing about wanting to see his friend, Sehun or something, and I don't know what to do!" Kyungsoo screams. 

"Wait, what? Sehun? I have a tiny human at my place named Sehun." 

"Luhan, help me! He's clawing at my ankles and it hurts!" 

"Bring him here. Or wait. I'll bring Sehun there." Luhan hangs up. "Sehun!"

Sehun peeks out from between the two couch cushions, hair sticking in all directions. "Yes?"

"We're going on a trip." Luhan changes quickly and sticks Sehun into his coat pocket. The walk to Kyungsoo's house is quick and Kyungsoo is very grateful that they live close to each other. 

"Jonginnie!" Sehun struggles to be freed from Luhan's pocket. "Mr. Luhan, put me down please." Luhan takes Sehun out of his pocket and Sehun runs to hug Jongin. "How did you get here?!" 

"I don't know!" Jongin's crying stop and he buries his face in Sehun's shoulder. "I missed you." 

Luhan and Kyungso share a look and walk into the kitchen. "When did...Jongin arrive?" 

"This morning. It was really scary. I woke up and heard someone crying. I thought I was being haunted." Kyungsoo shivers. "Do you know where they came from?" 

Luhan shrugs and sighs. "No idea. Sehun doesn't know either." 

"What do we do with them?" 

A small smile graces Luhan's lips. "I'm keeping Sehun, that's for sure." 

 

"I have to go potty."

Luhan glances at the 4 inch person standing on the desk next to his hand. "Huh?" 

"Potty! Now!" 

Luhan huffs, mumbling an "I'm studying..." under his breath, and picks Sehun up. He drops Sehun on top of the toilet seat and then leaves, going back to study. There is silence for a moment before an ear-piercing shriek cuts through the air. Luhan jumps from his seat and rushes into the bathroom. He finds Sehun hanging onto the rim of the toilet seat, pants at his ankles, sock covered feet dangling wildly. His shoes are floating around in the water. 

"Mr. Luhan!" 

Luhan picks him out with two fingers and places him in the sink, pulling up Sehun's pants. The shoes come out a few moments later. Sehun is close to tears as he stomps his feet on the marble. Then he flops down and cries. 

"Why, what's wrong?" 

"My shoes are wet!" Sehun flails around angrily and wails. 

Luhan sighs. "I'll get you new ones. New shirt and pants too." 

Sehun sniffles, tears ceasing. "Promise." 

"Yes, I promise." 

Taking care of a tiny human is very tiring. 

 

"You need to take a bath, Sehun." 

Sehun's eyes widen and he shakes his head. "No!"

Luhan huffs, blowing his bangs out of his eyes. "Why not?" 

"No!" Sehun whines, thrashing and flailing on the carpet.

"You have to. You smell, and with that toilet incident earlier, I am not going to let you sleep on my bed." 

Sehun's face scrunches up in displeasure. "Fine," he harrumphs. 

Luhan smiles triumphantly. Finding a large bowl, he fills it with warm water. He places it on the toilet seat cover and finds a stool so he can sit on. Once he did that, he picks up Sehun and brings him to the bathroom. Sehun whines as he takes off his clothes and gets into the bowl. Luhan drops a bit of bubble bath soap into the bowl and mixes it with his finger. He hides it back under the cabinet under the sink. (No one needs to know Luhan still has bubble baths on the weekend.) Sehun is entranced by the colorful swirls dancing on the water. He pops one with his finger and tries to even eat one, but Luhan stops him. 

"Hurry. Clean yourself off. I'll find you something to dry off with." That something turns out to be his face towel that he sacrifices. They soon run into another problem, when Luhan remembers that Sehun has nothing to change into. "Uh..." Luhan goes through the closet in the hallway, searching for his little sister's old toys and finds a pink dress for one of her toys. It fits Sehun, though slightly larger. 

"No! I won't wear it!" Sehun pulls the towel closer to his body to shield himself. "I won't, I won't, I won't!" 

"Do you want to sleep in the living room tonight? I'm not going to wash your clothes tonight and I am not going to let you sleep on my bed, next to my face."

Sehun frowns, ears turning red in frustration. "But that's girly."  

"And no one is going to see it except me and you." 

Sehun pouts. "Fine..." 

Luhan slips on the pink, frilly dress onto Sehun's body and coos at the sight. "You can really pull this off, Sehunnie." Sehun puffs out his cheeks as his face turns red.

 

"Okay, I have school. Can you stay home?" 

Sehun nods sleepily. "What's school?" 

"It's where you go to learn stuff. Stay home. I'll leave some corn flakes out for you just in case you get hungry alright?" 

Sehun rubs his eyes, mumbling a 'yes.' When his eyesight is clear, he notices a faint scent of something delicious emanating from the blue bag in front of the door. He crawls to the edge of the bed and then jumps down the stack of books Luhan set up as stairs. Sehun sniffs at the air. The smell is definitely stronger from down here. He claws at the blue bag and then climbs on top of it. He peers inside the dark interior, but the fabric doesn't hold him up and he goes tumbling inside. 

Sehun lets out an "oof" as he hits something soft. The smell is definitely from the bag. It's slightly dark, so Sehun has to do some rummaging around before he finds where the smell is coming from. He sticks his face into the container and inhales, the warm, mouth-watering scent of pasta filling his nostrils. He puts his hand inside and takes out a curly piece of pasta. He bites into it and hums in delight. Sitting down, he continues on with his meal. That is, until the top of the bag is closed and Sehun is engulfed in darkness. He drops the noodle and whimpers. 

"Mr. Luhan?" he squeaks. The bag jostles and Sehun goes rolling. "Ah!" Sehun ends up with his feet in the air as he hits the side of the bag. He rolls around and rights himself, only to be put back on his bottom again. Things go sliding and Sehun is soon squished between the bag and the container holding the pasta. He tries to free himself, but it doesn't work. Sehun huffs, giving up and sticks his hand back into the container. Might as well eat. 

When Luhan opens his bag for lunch that day he does not expect to see Sehun lying in his lunch container. He also does not expect to see his lunch depleted and Sehun's mouth covered in tomato sauce. 

"Mr. Luhan...my stomach hurts," Sehun moans, clutching his stomach and turning onto his side. "Can I have some water?" Sehun lets out a little burp. "Mr. Luhan, please..." 

 

"Can we get that one? Ooh and that one too!" 

Luhan sticks his hand into his pocket to shush Sehun. "Hey, we're in public, if you keep talking that loud, people are going to hear." He takes his hand away and Sehun's head peeks out of his pocket. 

"Sorry," Sehun mumbles. 

Luhan brushes Sehun's hair with his thumb. "It's okay." Luhan takes the white shirt with red stripes off the shelf. They're in a toystore, looking for clothes for Sehun. "What else do you want?" 

Sehun looks around the racks of clothing for dolls and his eyes settle on a little headband with a pink bear on it. "I want that one!" he exclaims, pointing his little finger at it. He loses hold on Luhan's pocket and falls inside. After struggling for a while, he manages to emerge again. "That one. That's it!"

"But that's girly, Sehun." Luhan picks it up anyway, putting it on Sehun's head.

Sehun makes content noises as he takes it off and nuzzles into the bear's furry face. "No, it's manly. Bears are manly." 

Luhan snorts, but doesn't say a word. 

 

"Hey, Kyungsoo, what do I do now?" Luhan calls over his shoulder. 

Kyungsoo leaves the oven and makes his way over to Luhan. "Uh, add in the eggs and continue to mix."

"Kay." Luhan glances at Sehun and Jongin, who are standing near the bowl. Jongin has his arm around Sehun's shoulder and Luhan frowns a little at the sight. "You guys want some blueberries?" he asks. He pushes the green bowl containing the fruit over to the two. "You can each have two." 

Jongin picks Sehun up so that he can get four blueberries, dropping them down beside Jongin's feet. When Sehun demands to be put down, Jongin loses balance, tripping on the blueberries, and Sehun goes flying into a mountain of flour. 

Luhan stops his mixing and fishes a coughing and crying Sehun out. 

"I'm sorry!" Jongin exclaims, rushing to hug his friend tightly. "I'm sorry!" 

Sehun blubbers nonsense for a while before reaching back and smashing a handful of flour into Jongin's face.

 

"Mr. Luhan?"

"What?"

"Can we cuddle?" Sehun bites on the fuzzy bear headband Luhan had bought for him a few weeks ago. 

"Not right now."

Sehun wilts. "Later?" 

"Yes, Sehun, later." 

"Okay..." Sehun trudges off, dragging the headband along. He jumps onto the cushion Luhan put on the chair and then onto the carpeted floor. Sehun stares up at Luhan's large figure, hunched over his desk, studying. He sighs and walks over to the bed, climbing the set of books and lying at the edge of the bed. The room is barely lit where he's lying and he finds his eyelids drooping slowly, until the world is dark. 

When Sehun wakes up Luhan is still studying. He rubs his eyes while scooting down the books on his . He jumps off the last one and runs across the carpet floor, climbing up onto the desk again. 

"Can we cuddle now, Mr. Luhan?" 

Luhan says nothing, hand moving at an unbelievable speed as he scribbles down notes.

"Mr. Luhan?"

"No! Sehun, I'm trying to study here!" Luhan snaps. "Why are you so annoying?!" 

Sehun gasps at Luhan's outburst and fights back tears. Luhan's never raised his voice at Sehun before. "O-okay. I-I'll be quiet." Sehun swallows thickly as he leaves Luhan's room and runs through the dark blindly until he hits a wall with a thump. He falls back, crying softly, clutching his throbbing forehead. He curls up into a ball, crying himself to sleep. 

Luhan sighs and leans back on his chair. He can't believe what he just did. He raised his voice at Sehun. Sehun did nothing wrong! Luhan rubs his tired face and checks the clock. It's three in the morning. "I hate finals," he mutters. Standing up, Luhan checks the bed, looking for Sehun, but the tiny human isn't there. Frowning, Luhan lifts up his blanket and pillows, but, still, Sehun is no where to be found. "Oh no..." Luhan runs out of his room and checks every single room in the place. He turns his apartment upside down, trying to search for Sehun. When he checks living room, he finds Sehun lying near the TV, sporting a bump on his forehead and red cheeks. Sighing, Luhan scoops up the boy and brings him back into his room. Turning off the lights, Luhan holds him close as the both fall asleep. 

 

Luhan wakes up three hours later when his alarm goes off. At first, he reaches blindly for it, but when that doesn't work, he opens his eyes...and falls off the bed. 

"Who are you?!" he screams. 

The person on the bed wiggles around for a moment and then opens their eyes. "Mr. Luhan? Why are you so loud?" 

"Sehun?" 

Sehun rubs his eyes with his fist. "Hmm?" He rubs his forehead and winces. "Owie." 

"H-how? W-wha?" Luhan shakes his head. Nope, he's going crazy because of finals. He's hallucinating. Sehun is not a 6 feet tall man, he's a 4 inch tall baby that needs to be looked after. 

"Mr. Luhan, what are you doing?" Luhan opens his eyes and finds Sehun staring back at him. "Are you okay?"

Needless to say, Luhan fainted.