31.

Revolves Around You

Prompt: Inspired by this from Otpprompts on Tumblr; mpreg; takes place in the future

Word count: 2,250


It's funny, Sehun thinks, how the world has changed so much from what he's learned from history textbooks. Back then, marriage was between two people who loved each other, but in the world he lives in now, there's no such thing as love anymore. At least, not love you find on your own.

The population decrease in the world has forced the governments to create a system to pair up people as breeding partners. Each pair has a certain amount of kids to give birth to as their service to the government. The number of children is based on blood type, immunities, and other health factors.

In the new world, certain males are born with the ability to carry a child. 

Oh Sehun is one of them. 

 

"Oh Sehun." 

The called freezes at his name. "W-wait. It's m-my turn already?" 

"Oh Sehun, please report to the front desk," the receptionist calls again.

"Go, Sehunah." Yifan ushers his little brother out of his chair. "They're calling you." 

"B-but, I'm not supposed to go yet! I'm number 728!" Sehun protests. 

"Oh Sehun, to the front desk." 

"Sehun, get your act together and go." Yifan squeezes Sehun's shoulder, fingers digging slightly into his flesh. "Go now. I'm not coming back here tomorrow." 

"B-but, h-hyung-" 

"Hun, I know you're scared, but just man up and go, okay?" Yifan gives Sehun a small smile and then pulls the younger into a tight hug. "You'll be fine." 

Sehun sighs, fingers shaking as they grapple at Yifan's shirt. "You sure?" 

"It's exactly like I told you about. There's nothing to be afraid of." 

"O-okay." 

Sehun takes his folder and his ticket and makes his way to the front desk. His hands are clammy, face pale, and when he reaches the front desk, he's shaking so much the receptionist's annoyed features melt into a sympathetic expression. 

"Oh Sehun?" 

"That's me." Sehun slides his folder across the desk. 

The receptionist flips it open and skims through the pages. "Alright, come in." She leaves and then appears at the door, waving Sehun in with his folder. "All the way down the hall on the left. It's room 5A." 

Sehun nods, giving the woman a nervous smile. "Thank you." 

The receptionist nods. "Go on in." 

With hesitant steps, Sehun begins his trek down the long hallway. His fate lies before him, behind a closed door. 

 

Sehun fidgets in his seat. The man sitting across him is staring and Sehun honestly finds his eyes unnerving. 

"Oh Sehun."

Sehun looks up and finds the man with his head cocked to his side. 

"Lu Han," Sehun whispers. 

Luhan smiles softly, cold eyes turning warm. "How old are you again?" 

"E-eighteen," Sehun stutters. He glances down at his lap and fiddles with the hem of his shirt. "My birthday was last week." 

"Just turned legal, hmm?" 

Sehun hears the scraping of a chair and then there's a hand on his shoulder. 

"My birthday's tomorrow. Funny isn't it?" Luhan says. Luhan squeezes Sehun's shoulder reassuringly. "Funny we were matched up like this." 

Sehun takes a few deep breaths to calm the urge to shrug away from Luhan. 

But it's as if Luhan can hear Sehun's inner turmoil. He lifts his hand from Sehun's shoulder. "I suppose you'll be living with me soon?" he voices. 

Sehun bites his lip and nods slowly. "I guess." 

"Do you have a phone?"

Sehun digs through his pocket and takes out the little device. It's an old flip-phone from way back when. He's had it since middle school, but since it still works, there was no use in buying another one. Luhan raises his eyebrows at the phone, but opens it and presses a few buttons. When Sehun hears a faint vibrating noise, he knows what Luhan did. 

"Call me whenever you're ready." Luhan places the phone on the table and then pats Sehun's thigh. "See you tomorrow." 

With that, he leaves. 

 

Luhan picks him up the next day in a van. He parks in the driveway and helps Sehun bring out his things.

Yifan watches his little brother drive away with a man, his brother-in-law. Yifan's probably not going to ever see his baby brother again. 

"Baba?" 

Yifan looks down to find little Minjoon staring back up at him with wide eyes.

"Where did Uncle Sehun go?" he asks. 

"He went away, Minjoon." 

"Away?" his son asks. 

"He has a job to do." 

 

Sehun doesn't like how the apartment is so small. Granted, it was only Luhan living there before, but now there are two people living there, and there is not enough space. 

"I'll clean out some of my stuff and you can put your things in the closet," Luhan says. "I didn't get to doing that yet since I didn't know you would be calling so early." 

Sehun hums. "Take your time." 

The silence in the house is suffocating, just like the dead silence in the car. Sehun wants to say something, but at the same time, there is nothing for him to say. He opens his suitcase, and stares at the folded clothes and hygiene supplies. There's not much to unpack, just his suitcase and a box of personal belongings, books and other things of the sort. The sound of soft footsteps brings Sehun's attention to the doorway where Luhan stands. 

"Closet's ready for you." Luhan taps his fingers on the wall. "Call if you need help. I'll be making lunch I guess." 

"Okay." Sehun zips up his suitcase and drags it to their shared bedroom. The room, like the rest of the apartment, is small. The only upside is the large bed. 

The closet door is open, and half of Luhan's clothes are pushed to one side. There are about a dozen hangers for Sehun to hang up his clothes. Sehun purses his lips into an upside-down "U" shape as he stares. Heaving a heavy sigh, he upzips his suitcase and begins to unpack. 

 

That night as Sehun tosses and turns on his side of the bed, he realizes something. 

"Luhan?" he whispers.

"Hmm?"

"Happy birthday." 

There is a short silence and then a warm hand squeezes his arm.

"Thanks." 

 

Things are quiet and slightly awkward for the first week or so. Luhan goes to work and brings back leftover pastries from the bakery he work at, and that eventually warms Sehun up enough to confront Luhan about their "service to the government" during dinner two weeks after he moved in. 

"Are you sure?" Luhan probes. He scoots his chair closer to the table so that their knees brush each other's under the table. "What spurred this on?" 

"I-I just..." Sehun looks down at his half eaten plate of pasta. "I got a call this morning from my doctor. My fertility pills are supposed to be picked up tomorrow." His nose twitches. 

"Do you want me to go with you to pick them up?" Luhan asks. He goes back to spinning his pasta with his fork and eating. 

"I-I mean, I g-guess." 

Luhan raises an eyebrow. "You know that I'm supposed to be your husband now and for the rest of your life unless you go to court and say I've abused you or something like that. If there's anything, you can just say straight up to me, okay?" 

Sehun flushes and nods meekly. "I'm...excited? But scared. I don't know, Luhan," he says in a small voice. 

"Same with me." Luhan covers Sehun's hand with his own and taps a rhythm on his wrist. "I can't wait to start a family with you." 

 

The pills make Sehun jittery and there's always this small burning feeling at his lower stomach. It's a heat that flares and then dissipates at the most random times. He tells Luhan at night about the tingle that is spreading from his belly up to his arms and how he just can't sleep with the burning feeling. 

"Does it hurt?" Luhan has a hand on Sehun's side that is slowly snaking towards his stomach. 

"Not-not really...it just feel weird," Sehun murmurs. His hand grabs Luhan's and laces their fingers together. It's a bold move, but his gut feeling tells him to do it. "I just feel so...so hot..." When Luhan kicks the blanket off their bodies, Sehun whines. "It's hot from the inside. It feels like my stomach has a fire burning inside of it." His breath comes out in quick puffs. "Luhan, I don't like this feeling." Sehun turns around so that he faces Luhan. The elder is staring back with worried eyes. Sehun gulps and closes his eyes as he feels beads of sweat forming on his forehead. He ducks his head down to hide is pinkening face from view. 

"Sehun, do you want to go to the hospital?" 

"No, no!" Sehun shakes his head. "It's the effect of the pills." He bites his lip when the fire flares up again. "I-I just..." 

Luhan squeezes his hand. "Breathe, Hun..." 

The pet name makes Sehun's heart beat faster. Arms circle around him to pull him closer. The action sates the burning fire and Sehun buries his face into Luhan's shirt. 

Luhan's hand slips away from his fingers to rub Sehun's back. "Are you okay? Feeling better?" he asks once he hears the softening of Sehun's breathing. 

Sehun hums. The fire is nothing more but a small flame, an ember. The warmth emanating from Luhan heats his cold sweat covered skin. Sehun closes his eyes. The heat radiating through his body from his pit of his stomach and from the man holding him pulls him into the deep comforts of sleep. 

 

Sehun soon realizes, and he's sure Luhan does too, that touches from his husband are what sates the burning fire. Whether it be a brush of their fingers or a short peck on the cheek, Sehun feels the burning fade away when Luhan touches him. But the longer the touch or the more intimate it is, the longer the pain goes away. He's pretty sure that it's a symptom of the pills but it still makes him nervous. He doesn't always want to cling onto Luhan like a lifeline to make it go away. 

"Hun, something wrong?" Sehun had been sitting on the couch, scratching idly at his tummy. It didn't make the fire go away, but he felt like he needed to do something. Luhan sits down beside Sehun, stopping Sehun's hand by putting his own on top of it. He rubs the red skin on Sehun's belly. "You're gonna hurt yourself."

Sehun lets out a small whine. "It just feel so weird," he whispers. The pain was already beginning to fade but he could still feel it tingle underneath his skin. 

"Do you wanna talk to your doctor about it? It's been bothering you for weeks." 

"Can we? I-I just want it to stop." Sehun unconsciously leans into Luhan's touch, head resting on the elder's shoulder. "I don't want to have you touch me all the time, even if it makes it go away." Even if I actually do want you to touch me all the time he thinks. 

"Okay, call to make an appointment. I'll take you." Luhan smiles softly, kissing Sehun's forehead. "Feel better, love." 

 

"Have you read the little pamphlet, Sehun? It came with the pills." 

Sehun turns red and shakes his head meekly. "No..." he murmurs. 

The doctor smiles. "Well, it says that the burning sensation is a side effect of the pills. It's getting your body used to your husband's body, which is why his touches make the burning fade for a little bit. Now, to make it go away, the answer is to have ." 

Luhan raises his eyebrows while Sehun squeaks. 

"You're not awkward are you? You've been living together for months according to your file." The doctor taps his pen on the counter. "Go home. There's nothing wrong with you. Prolonging your duty will only make things worse, for you and your husband." 

 

"I-I'm completely clueless." 

"I am too," Luhan says. "We're both clueless so if I mess up, you can't laugh." 

Sehun fights back a smile. "I won't." 

"After dinner?" 

Sehun nods. "After dinner." 

 

Sehun feels refreshed when he wakes up the next morning. It's still slightly dark out, and Sehun usually isn't up at this time, but he feels different today. The burning feeling in his lower stomach is gone and Sehun smiles. He pokes at his belly. "Hey, little buddy. I know you're in there." He looks over at Luhan, still sleeping soundly beside him. "I can't wait for you to meet the world."

 

One year later...

"I'm home!" 

"Oh, Jaerin-ah, papa's home!" 

The baby smiles at being called, bringing out her hands and waving at the door. Sehun picks up his little girl and carries her towards Luhan. 

Luhan breaks out into a large smile when he sees the two people he's grown to love the most. "Hey there, Jaerin-ah," he coos. Giving Sehun a short kiss, and handing over the bag of leftovers from the bakery, he takes Jaerin into his arms and peppers her with kisses. The baby squrims, not liking the feeling, but grins when Luhan makes a weird face to catch her attention. 

"How are the pills? Are they bothering you again?" Luhan asks, pulling Sehun into the living room with one hand and holding Jaerin with the other hand. 

"They're okay, still faint. I can feel the heat starting." 

Luhan smirks. "I guess I'll have to make it go away soon, then, huh?" 


Sorry for being away for so long. This is so underdeveloped and there could have been so much more I could have written but lately I've been running on four hours of sleep a day and I'm sick and on top of that I have finals and exams coming up. *sighs* This update is to commemorate the fact that I am almost at 2,000 subscribers total. Thank you so much to everyone reading my works! I love you all! <3 <3