27.

Revolves Around You

Prompt: Sehun's been loved the wrong way before but Luhan's willing to show that there's more to being in a relationship than just scars.  (WARNING: Mentions of abuse)

Word count: 982


"I like you...a lot." 

Sehun freezes up, eyes wide, cheeks tinted a pretty pink. "Uh...um...I..." His palms become sweaty and he lets go of his textbook to wipe them on his pants. "I...er...I have to go." 

"Sehun, I'm serious," Luhan says. He reaches out to grab Sehun's hand, but Sehun pulls away, dropping his textbook. 

The younger nearly sobs as he bends over to pick up his textbook and runs off, dark hair flying behind him. 

Luhan doesn't know whether that was rejection or acceptance.

 

Luhan: Hun?

Seen at 6:43 

Luhan: I know you're there.

Seen at 6:44

Luhan: Please talk to me

Luhan: Sehunah please

Sehun: ...

Luhan: Are you mad?

Sehun: ...

Luhan: What's that supposed to mean?

Sehun: no

Luhan: so you're not mad????

Sehun: yes

Luhan: wat

Sehun: what?

Sehun's eyebrows furrow when his phone begins to chime and Luhan's face pops up on the screen. Luhan is calling. His heart beats faster as his shaky finger hovers over the green button and he bites his lip as he brings to phone to his ear. "Hello?" 

"Sehun?" 

"Yea?" Sehun's voice cracks and he cringes at how much of a teenager he's being. 

"You sound sick, are you okay?" 

Sehun nods, and then sighs softly when he remembers when Luhan couldn't see him. "I'm not fine." 

"Do you want to talk about it? Before I talk to you about what I have to say?" 

Sehun slides off his chair and flops down on his bed, sinking his head into his soft pillow. "Not really." Sehun can hear Luhan's fingertips clicking on his keyboard and imagine the elder staring at a bright screen in a dark room, wrapped in blankets with his phone pressed onto his ear and shoulder. Sehun closes his eyes, lips forming a soft smile as he lets the sound of Luhan's breaths lull him into a sense of comfort. "Luhan, were you serious about earlier?" 

"Hmm?" 

"Earlier. When you told me that you liked me. Was that true?" 

"Why wouldn't it be?" 

Sehun's eyes open, staring up at the ceiling with burning eyes as his side tingles. "I dunno...it just seems so...so..." 

"So what?" 

"I...I feel like you're playing with my feelings," Sehun whispers. He clutches his phone tighter, chest constricting, pink tongue darting out to wet dry lips. "I feel like you're lying." 

"Why would I lie?" 

The clicking is no longer there. Just dead silence. Sehun closes his eyes, tear falling down his temple. 

"Because why would you like someone like me?" 

"Because you're beautiful and no one can prove to me otherwise." 

 

"What's going on? You look sick." Baekhyun prods Sehun's cheek with a finger and peers under the bangs hanging over the younger's eyes. "Did you get enough sleep?" 

Sehun shakes his head, rubbing his eyes with his fists. "I'm tired." 

"How come? I didn't see you online last night," Minseok says. 

Baekhyun scoots closer to Sehun's side and props his elbow on the table, chin on his fist. "Were you talking to someone?" 

Sehun only grunts, ignoring Baekhyun's words and picking at his salad. 

"Sehunnie!" 

"I'm tired, Baek." Sehun grabs his half-eaten salad and tosses it in the trash as he trudges out of the cafeteria. He decides to go to the bathroom, slipping into the one on the third floor no one usually goes to because the toilets are always out of order. He turns on the water and washes his hands, letting the cold seep into his digits and send goosebumps up his arms. He fixes his hair too, staring back at himself in the mirror. Red eyes with dark bags, he must look a sight. The door creaks open and Sehun whips around and finds Luhan staring wide-eyed at him. 

"Hey." 

Sehun  his lips, turning off the water and gathering his backpack. He aims to walk past Luhan, but the other grabs him. 

"Why are you avoiding me? Is this rejection?" 

Sehun shakes his head. He doesn't know, he doesn't know, he doesn't know!

"Sehun, there's something wrong. Please  tell me what's wrong." Luhan stares at Sehun with the most pleading, imploring eyes that Sehun can't deny. 

Sehun's side tingles again and his wrist burns where Luhan is holding him. He remembers the purple marks left there when Chanyeol pressed a little too hard and the feeling, or lack of feeling, in his fingers as they went numb. 

"Sehun?" 

"I can't. I can't do it!" 

 

Sehun's gets goosebumps every time Luhan's hand brushes his when they're walking. Sehun's cheeks turn pink whenever Luhan leans closer to him and whispers in his ear. Sehun's heart skips a beat whenever Luhan sends him hearts when they're texting or when he catches the other staring intensely at him. Sehun feels complete when the elder is around. 

The first time they kiss is when it's raining. Sehun is pressed close to Luhan under their small umbrella, the elder's arm wrapped around his slim waist as he steps into every puddle there is to step on, laughing when the cold water seeps into his pants and leaves a satisfying chill. His hair sticks to his forehead, eyes blinking rapidly to keep the world clear, lips spread in a wide grin as he kicks water at Luhan. 

Luhan doesn't mind the cold, he only watches as Sehun's lips slowly turn purple as he dances in the rain with his hood off his head, hair wet as if just from a shower. 

Luhan kisses him then. He doesn't mind the cold lips. He doesn't mind the water trickling down Sehun's cheeks. He doesn't mind anything about any of Sehun's flaws. 

 

The scar left from Chanyeol all those years ago was stitched and healed by Luhan. Sehun reckons that it's okay to fall in love if it's with the right person. 

And Luhan is his right person. 


Short but sweet, hope you liked it!! (Took me long enough, I'm sorry :P)