22.

Revolves Around You

Prompt: Sehun is found in the middle of the streets crying for his mommy. Luhan takes pity on him and takes him in. (Inspired from a ranting session with missfluffysoo in the comments on "Happiness" This didn't turn out like I wanted it to be, so I might make a whole new story with baby Sehun cause I can.)

Word count: 3,102


One minute she's there, holding onto his hand, telling him she'll be right back, then the next moment, she's gone. 

Sehun stands at the corner, holding tightly onto Bubbles, his bunny, while searching for his mommy. After tugging on numerous sleeves and having them all brush him off, Sehun curls up into a ball and cries. He just wants to go home. He misses mommy already. Why isn't she back yet? 

"Hey, are you okay?" 

Sehun looks up with teary eyes, a runny nose, and trembling lips to find a beautiful man looking back at him. 

"Why are you here alone? Are you lost?" 

Sehun clutches his bunny tighter. "Hunnie wants mommy," he whispers. 

"So you are lost. I'm Luhan. I'll help you find your mommy okay?" 

 

Sehun sniffles as he nibbles on his waffle. The sticky syrup drips onto his fingers and he in substance off his hands. 

"Don't do that. There are napkins." Luhan takes Sehun's small hand and wipes each digit diligently, clearing the syrup. Luhan's dog sniffs Sehun's foot and it. Sehun squeals in delight and reaches his hands down to pet the animal. 

"What's his name?" Sehun asks. 

"Tokki." 

Sehun giggles. "Why is he named 'bunny'?" 

Luhan pats his lap and Tokki trots over to his owner and places his head on his lap. 

"My niece calls him that and it stuck." 

"Like Bubbles!" Sehun holds out his stuffed animal for Luhan to see. "He's a bunny too." Sehun continues eating his waffles, putting a hand under the table just in case Tokki wanted to come back.  "Thank you, Lu-hyung." 

Luhan smiles softly at the child sitting before him. He was 3, and couldn't even read yet. Who in their right might would leave a child in the middle of the streets and not come back? Without even meeting the woman, Luhan had already began to hate Sehun's mother. 

"Hunnie's done, Lu-hyung," Sehun declares. He sticks his thumb into his mouth and grabs Bubbles in his other hand. "Can Hunnie take a nap?" 

Luhan nods. "Of course. Wash your hands and face first." He picks the toddler up and carries him into the large kitchen where Kyungsoo is tapping his pencil against his notepad.

"Sir, are you done?"

"Yea, he's done. I'll get one of the maids to clean it up." Luhan puts Sehun down on the floor and takes the step stool to place in front of the sink.

Sehun climbs up and reaches for the faucet, but his hands are too short.

Luhan smiles and turns it on for him. He cups water into his palm and washes Sehun's mouth while the child washes his own hands. Sehun makes a face when Luhan scrubs his sticky chin a little too hard, and whines, but doesn't say a word to stop him. Luhan tells Sehun to thank the chef-hyung for his meal and Sehun does so with a small bow. Kyungsoo ruffles Sehun's hair, eyes bright.

Luhan carries the toddler upstairs, his pet following them. Sehun is awed by how big and extravagant the house is. Luhan points out various things to Sehun, such as the game room, where Sehun is able to go into anytime he wants, and the library. He sets Sehun down on the bed in the room next to his own and tucks him in. Tokki jumps onto the bed and curls up beside Sehun's small body. As Luhan turns to leave, Sehun calls him back. 

"Mommy always kisses Hunnie before he sleeps. Can Lu-hyung kiss Hunnie?" 

"Sure, Sehun." Luhan brushes Sehun's hair from his forehead and kisses it softly. 

"No! Mommy kisses Hunnie here." Sehun puckers his lips and closes his eyes expectantly. 

Luhan stares at the child before pecking Sehun's lips. "Have a good nap Sehun. I'll be back in a little to bring you down for dinner." 

"Thank you Lu-hyung." 

"No problem, Sehunnie." 

 

"What the hell?!" 

"Yifan-" 

"Luhan. Listen to me. You're a millionaire, a ing CEO. You can't just suddenly bring a kid home and expect no rumors to come up!" 

"He's just a baby! He can't even read yet!" 

"No. Luhan, you are not keeping that boy." 

"I can, and I will!" Luhan's eyes are glinting with something Yifan can't pinpoint. "He reminds me of us," he adds in a quieter tone. 

Yifan softens at his younger brother's tone. "Fine. But you better have something to say to dad because...he's going to be angry." 

"No, he isn't," Luhan says confidently. "He's gonna be proud of me." 

 

"Hey, Sehunnie." 

Sehun raises his arms and makes whining noises, begging to be picked up. 

Luhan chuckles, leaning down to pick him up and swing him around the room like an airplane. 

"More!" Sehun screams. 

Luhan's smile turns into a grin once he hears Sehun's laughter. 

Tokki chases Sehun around the room, barking at Sehun's swinging feet. 

When Luhan sets Sehun down, the child is breathing heavily with a broad smile on his face. He blindly reaches for Bubbles' hand and latches into it. Tokki his pink cheeks and Sehun tries to push the animal away to no avail. He giggles as Tokki's tongue leaves slobber all over his face. 

"Off," Luhan commands. 

Tokki retreats immediately and Luhan takes the chance to scoop Sehun into his arms. He wipes Sehun's face free of dog drool. Sehun leans in, curling his arms around Luhan's neck and rests his cheek on Luhan's chest. 

"Lu-hyung?" 

"Hmm?" 

Sehun finds that Luhan's voice is a lot deeper like this and a lot more soothing. "Hunnie misses mommy." 

Luhan blinks. "Oh?" 

"Yea. Does Lu-hyung think Hunnie's mommy is looking for him?" 

"She probably is, Sehun-ah," he lies. Luhan knows for a fact she isn't. She left Sehun there on purpose. With his connections, Luhan had found out that Sehun's mother had left the country with a man. In his records, Sehun didn't have a father, so Luhan was left with a dead end. "I'm sure she misses you a lot too." 

Sehun rubs his eyes sleepily with the fist holding Bubbles and his free thumb. "Sehunnie wants to see mommy, but Sehunnie wants to stay here too. Cause Hunnie likes Lu-hyung." His voice comes out quiet and hard to understand. He's drifting off, Luhan can tell. 

"It's okay, Sehunnie. Like I said, I'll help you find your mommy." Luhan just says it to placate the younger. 

Sehun places Bubbles between their two chests and bunches Luhan's dress shirt in his tiny fists. "Thank you so much, Lu-hyung," he says as he rubs his cheek against the fabric. "I..." Sehun struggles to stay awake. "Love...you." 

Luhan's heart warms. 

 

Sehun jerks awake, tears streaming down his cheeks and sticky from sweat. His bedsheets are wet and Tokki is no where to be found. He whimpers at the dark and reaches to find the dog at the edge of his bed, but it's not there. "Tokki?" he croaks. Sehun really feels scared now. He wipes his cheeks with the back of his palm and holds onto Bubbles tightly. "Lu-hyung?" 

When there is no reply, Sehun begins to bawl. He just wants mommy to hold him. He doesn't hate mommy for leaving him anymore. He just wants mommy to be here to kiss him. Mommy always has a nightlight for him so the shadows don't come to get him. Sehun curls up on his wet bedsheets, throwing the blanket over his head, and rubs at his eyes. 

The light in the hallway turns on and Sehun hears a knock at the door. He shrieks. "No, no, no, no..." His eyes are squeezed shut, tears leaking out of the corners, his body is shaking, he just wants Lu-hyung to come save him...

"Sehun?" 

A hand touches the top of the blanket and pulls it off. 

Sehun wails and curls up even more, clutching Bubbles as if his life depended on it. 

"Sehun, it's okay. It's Lu-hyung. Chanyeol heard you crying when he was walking around." Luhan picks up the sobbing toddler and places him in his lap. Sehun's hands immediately latch onto Luhan instead. "What's wrong?" Luhan feels Sehun's wet shorts and reaches back to touch the sheets as well. "Do you need to get changed?" 

Sehun just whimpers. He hiccups, trying to calm his breathing, but it isn't working. He feels something wet on his toe and cracks an eye open to find Tokki staring up at him. 

"Sehunnie. Sehunnie, look at me." Luhan leans back, tilting Sehun to the front. His worried eyes meet Sehun's tearful ones. "What's wrong?" 

"Hun-Hunnie had a ba-bad dream," Sehun sniffles, turning his attention back to Luhan. "M-mom-mommy left Hunnie, and Hun-Hunnie was all alone." 

"Aww, Sehunnie." Luhan holds Sehun to his chest, one hand on his back, one on the back of his head. "Lu-hyung's here. Don't worry. I'm here." 

Chanyeol comes into the room with a bottle of warm milk. "Sir?" He flicks on the light. 

"Thank you, Chanyeol." Luhan takes the bottle from Chanyeol's hands and tilts Sehun back to press it to his lips. "Drink up." Sehun's sweaty hands come up to hold the bottle and he begins to . Luhan turns to Chanyeol. "Can you go to Jongin's room and get a pair of pajamas?" 

Chanyeol nods and leaves the room. 

Sehun is still shaking as he drinks, but Luhan's warm hands rub comforting shapes into his back and Tokki laps at Sehun's legs, so they soon cease. When Chanyeol comes back, Sehun is halfway done with his bottle. 

"Sehunnie, we're going to clean you up and change you, okay?" Luhan takes a look at the bedsheets. "Do you want to sleep in my bed?" 

"Hunnie is sorry," Sehun mumbles, "Mommy trained Sehun to go to the potty. Hunnie was just scared."

"It's okay, don't worry about it. I'll get someone to clean it up." Luhan dismisses Chanyeol with the wave of his hand. "Let's go change you out of these wet clothes, hmm?" 

"Okay." 

Luhan carries Sehun into the bathroom and turns on the lights. "Do you want to take a bath?" 

Sehun rubs at his eyes and nods. "Hunnie feels icky." 

"Kay." Luhan sets Sehun down on the toilet seat. Tokki places his head on Sehun's lap and lets the child his fur. Luhan tests the water and tells Sehun to take off his clothes. "Do you want soap bubbles?"

"Uh huh." Sehun jumps on his feet when he makes contact with the cold tiles. 

Luhan smiles sleepily. "Alright, get in." He helps Sehun climb into the tub just as Chanyeol comes in to hand off the clothes. "Chan, can you watch him while I clean the sheets?" 

"I can do that."

"It's fine. I'll do it." Luhan pushes Chanyeol into the bathroom and leaves. He goes back to Sehun's room and strips the bed of all the sheets and blankets. He puts it in a pile near the door and writes a note for one of the maids to wash it and replace the bedding. Luhan returns to the bathroom and tells Chanyeol to take the rest of the night off. "I'm probably going to be awake for the rest of the night. It's 4 and I don't think Sehunnie's going to fall asleep anytime soon." 

"Alright, sir. Have a good day?" 

Luhan smiles. "Thank you, Chanyeol." 

 

Sehun whines when Luhan tells him that he's going to have to wear a diaper to sleep. 

"No! Hunnie is a big boy! Mommy said so!" 

"Sehun, what if you wet the bed again, hmm?" 

"No!" Sehun crosses his arms across his chest and turns so that his back is facing Luhan. "Hunnie won't!" 

Tokki runs over and sniffs Sehun's face and his cheeks, curling his body around the toddler's. 

"Sehun." 

"Lu-hyung, no..." 

"Sehunnie." Luhan scoops Sehun into his arms and waits for him to stop wriggling. "Sehun, listen to me, okay?" Luhan taps Sehun's nose. "I know you're a big boy, but sometimes we have accidents and we have to take cautious measures." 

"What does that mean?" 

"That means we have to be careful." Luhan Sehun's hair. "You'll only have to wear it to bed for two weeks. If nothing happens then, you won't have to wear it anymore. Is that okay?" 

Sehun shakes his head and pouts. "No." 

"Sehun." 

"Hunnie doesn't want to!" 

Tokki barks at this and Sehun goes silent. 

"See? Even Tokki is telling you that you have to wear one." 

Sehun's eyes brim with tears and his lip trembles. His nose turns red too, a telltale sight that he was going to cry. Luhan has picked up on some of Sehun's habits over the past two weeks. "Hunnie doesn't want to wear it." He looks up at Luhan. "But Hunnie will because Lu-hyung wants Hunnie to." 

"That's a good boy." Luhan kisses Sehun's forehead softly. "Remember, if you have a bad dream, just call out okay? Either Chanyeol or I will hear you and we'll come straight away. Alright, let's get you in it and we'll go to bed." 

Sehun holds onto Bubbles with one hand and his thumb in the other as Luhan puts the diaper on for him. "Lu-hyung?" Sehun's voice comes out mumbled because of his thumb. "Why do you have so many kid toys?" 

"Ah, I take care of my brothers's kids sometimes. Do you want to meet them one day?" 

Sehun nods. "Are they nice?" 

"Yea. There are two. The older one is eight-years old and the younger one is four." 

"He's bigger than Hunnie right?"

"Yes, but he'll like you, don't worry. Who wouldn't like you?"  

 

"What are you going to do with him? He's been with you for almost a month." 

Luhan scratches his head. "His mom is in a completely different country, so I doubt she wants him back. And I can't put him into an orphanage. He's only a baby." 

"So what are you gonna do?" 

"I'm going to adopt him." 

 

"Sehunnie look, your Lu-hyung's on TV." Baekhyun points at the television and watches as Sehun's eyes widen and twinkle with adoration. 

"Lu-hyung!" Sehun calls out. He shakes with happiness and calls Tokki over. "Look! Lu-hyung's on TV!" Sehun lets Tokki his face and then kisses the dog's nose. "Baek-hyung, is Lu-hyung famous?" 

Baekhyun laughs. "Yes, he is." 

"Very famous?" 

"Uh huh." 

"What are they saying?" Sehun goes cross-eyed as he tries to have a staring contest with Tokki. 

"They're saying that Luhan wants to adopt you." 

"Huh?" Sehun's movements stop. "Adopt Hunnie?" 

"Yea, he's going to be your dad from now on." 

Sehun stares at Baekhyun in awe and then looks back at the TV where Luhan is talking. 

"My dad?"

Baekhyun nods. "Yea. Are you okay with that?" 

Sehun looks down at his lap. "Hmm..." 

 

"Sehunnie? I'm home." 

One of the maids comes to take Luhan's things away and bring them to his office. Luhan toes off his shoes and peeks his head in the kitchen. Kyungsoo gives him a half-hearted wave and resumes his activity. The living room has no one there either. At last, Luhan checks Sehun's room and finds Sehun curled up on a bean bag with Tokki at his feet, guarding him. 

Luhan snaps his fingers and Tokki comes trotting over, nuzzling his head against Luhan's thigh. Luhan crouches down and ruffles Tokki's fur, smiling at Tokki's blissed features. He hears Sehun stir and whine and leaves the doorway, Tokki trotting after him obediently. 

"Lu-hyung?" Sehun asks, reaching his arms out and yawning. 

"Hey, buddy. Where is Baekhyun?" Luhan sits down on the bean bag and puts Sehun in his lap.

"Oh, Baek-hyung had to leave. Hunnie took a nap with Tokki." Sehun leans into Luhan and closes his eyes. 

"That's nice." 

"Baek-hyung told Sehun something." 

"Oh? What'd he tell you?" 

"He told Sehun that you were going to be Hunnie's dad." Sehun smacks his lips and rubs his eyes. "Is that true?" 

"Umm, uh, Sehun, that's only if you want me to be." 

Sehun smiles. "Oh. Can I call you daddy then? Sehunnie's never called anyone daddy before." Sehun leans up to kiss Luhan's jaw. "Mommy said Hunnie didn't need a daddy, but now that Lu-hyung's here, Sehunnie has one right?" 

"Yea, of course." 

 

"Jongin-hyung, no!"

Jongin laughs as he throws another water balloon at Sehun, effectively soaking Sehun's body from head to toe. Tokki barks at Jongin when Jongin throws another one at Sehun and catches it in his mouth, teeth popping the balloon. 

Sehun shivers from the cold and whines. "Hyung!"

"Can't get me," Jongin taunts. 

Jongdae emerges behind Jongin and puts a finger to his lips to tell Sehun to be quiet. Sehun giggles and nods. 

"What are you nodding at?" Jongin asks. "Are you- AH!" 

Sehun bursts out in laughter as Jongdae drops a balloon on his head and wets his entire body. He sticks an ice cube into his brother's shirt too and leaves Jongin writhing on the grass. Tokki runs around Jongin's body and barks happily. 

Luhan comes out with lemonade on a platter and little finger sandwiches. Baekhyun is right behind him with towels. "Kids!" 

Jongdae pulls Jongin off the grass and takes Sehun's hand to pull him to Luhan. 

Luhan 'tsks' when he sees Sehun's soaked body and wraps a towel around the toddler. "You're going to catch a cold, Sehunnie." 

Sehun takes the sandwich Jongin hands him and bites into it. He ignores Luhan's ruffling of his hair, but whines when Luhan's movements make him drop his sandwich. "Sandwich!" 

"Sorry." Luhan hands him another one. "I'm going to get you a change of clothes. You're going to get sick." 

"But Hunnie wants to play more!" Sehun protests. 

"Sehunnie has to play! It's not fun without him because I have no one to throw it at!" Jongin adds. 

Luhan shakes his head while chuckling. "You just want to throw them at him?" 

"Well hyung always throws them at me!" 

"Who's Sehun going to throw it at?" 

Jongin stops. "Oh." 

"Yea. You two can continue playing. I'll change Sehun and be right back." He picks the soaked Sehun up and brings him inside. 

Sehun is still eating his sandwich, mayonnaise getting all over his face and fingers.

Luhan is reminded of the time he first brought Sehun home. Sehun is about to stick in finger into his mouth to the mayo away before Luhan stops him. "Don't do that."

Sehun smiles. "You have napkins," he says. "Daddy, can you wipe my fingers?" 

No matter how many times Sehun has said it, Luhan still feels that warm, proud feeling in his chest. 

"Daddy?" 


too much fluff for me. im out. goodbye world