1.

Revolves Around You

If I don't say otherwise, just assume that they're in human form. This is my first time writing wolf AU, so I'm sorry if you're brain dead after this. XD


Prompt: Wolf au; alpha!luhan and omega!sehun

Word count: 2,040


Sehun was cold.

The snow had found its way through his fur and lied there, a freezing blanket, that kept him from being warm again. He stumbled in the deep snow, paws sinking into the ground. He couldn't see anything in front of him, only white, white, and more white. His throat felt dry and his body weak.

Sehun was stranded, abandoned and cast away by his pack because he was too weak. It was his uncle's doing, being alpha and taking over Sehun's father's spot after he died. However, the whole pack had agreed to it. No one dared to disobey.

But there he was, freezing, but still alive after being lost in the forest for two weeks. He had found a cave one night and seeked refuge there, but little did he know that it was already occupied. Sehun left that part of the forest with four large slashes across his belly. The blood dripped from his body and made him weaker and weaker, but he had found another cave, a small one that was unoccupied, and spent a week there, his wounds clean. But here he was, lost once again. He was looking for food with the blizzard started, and he never found his way back. 

Sehun trips on a tree root, and falls face first into the snow. He groans and tries to stand, only to fall back down. His limbs were stiff and sore, his head pounding, and his stomach growling from hunger. Sehun curls into a ball and lies there, trying to conserve whatever heat he had left. He didn't notice the figures slinking around the tree and watching him. 

"Who is he?" Jongin whispers. 

"Looks like a wolf," Tao answers. He takes a deep sniff of the air. "Smells unfamiliar." 

"Should we tell alpha?" 

"We have to." 

Jongin and Tao run back to the pack and alerts Luhan. "Alpha, there's a wolf in the forest. He's not from our pack," Tao says. 

Luhan frowns. "Is he by himself?" 

"Yes. He was lying on the ground," Jongin answers. 

"Take me to him." 

Luhan drags Minseok along too and Jongin and Tao lead the way. "See, alpha? He's lying over there, by the tree." Tao points at the little ball of gray fur under the blanket of snow. 

"Looks dead to me," Minseok observes. "Do you want me to check?" 

"No, I'll do it." Luhan steps forward slowly and sniffs at the air. The wolf was definitely not from their pack. He smelled too northern. Luhan pokes his nose at the ball of fur. "Are you awake?" There was no movement, and Luhan nudges it again. "Hey." This time, the ball shakes. Luhan's eyes widen and he calls the beta and two omegas over. "He's awake, get him back to the pack. Bring him to Suho." He watches as Minseok pickes up the wolf and ran off, Jongin and Tao trailing after him. 

 

"He's awake now, but he's frightened. No sudden movements, and don't ask a lot of questions." 

"I got it," Luhan says dismissively. He pulls the tent flap aside and walked in. 

The wolf was between human and wolf form, still shivering under the thick pile of blankets over him and his ears pressed onto his head. When Sehun sets his eyes on Luhan, he yelps and hides under the blankets. "P-please. D-do-don't hurt me."

"I won't. I brought you here, why would I hurt you?" Luhan slowly advances and sits down on the bed. "I won't hurt you." 

The younger wolf's head slowly emerges from the pile and he looks at Luhan with wide eyes, his ears twitching. "Did he send you?" 

"Who's he?" 

"My uncle. Did he send you? To make sure I was dead?" 

"Your uncle abandoned you so you would die?" Luhan asks, incredulously. 

Sehun's eyed flit across Luhan's body and he slowly nods. "Are you going to kill me?" he whispers. Sehun's tail swishes around and then goes limp. 

"I'm going to do the exact opposite..."

"Sehun." 

"Sorry?"

"My name's Sehun. It doesn't matter if you know because I'll die anyway. I'm pretty sure he has a spy somewhere here."  

Luhan cracks a small smile, stunning Sehun. "There are no spies here. They've been with me since I became alpha. None of them are new." 

 

Luhan walks into Suho's "hospital" tent and sees Baekhyun spoon feeding Sehun soup. The male is still in half-wolf, half-human form, and Luhan isn't surprised. "He's going to stay that way for a while because he's still ill," Suho had told him. "All wolves are that way. Remember when Jongin got sick?" Luhan glances into the bowl. There are mushrooms and soft chunks of potato in it along with small pieces of rabbit. Sehun seems to be enjoying it and his tail is wagging happily.

"Alpha," Baekhyun greets. 

"Baekhyun." Luhan sits down beside the bed and watches Sehun eat. "Are you feeling better?" 

Sehun nods. "A lot. Thank you." Baekhyun feeds him another spoonful of soup and Sehun takes his time chewing on the rabbit. 

"You should have seen him two days ago alpha," Baekhyun says. "He couldn't even eat a bite of this." 

Sehun turns pink and he purses his lips together into a thin line. 

"You look like you've gained some weight back onto your bones. Tell me, Sehun, how long were you in the forest?" Luhan asks. 

"Two weeks." 

Baekhyun gasps and nearly drops the bowl in his hands. "Two weeks! How did you survive in this weather?" 

Sehun's cheeks turn red at the attention. "Th-there was a cave. I stayed there for about a week and ate the berries around there. I caught a rabbit once, but I didn't have the heart to kill it so I let it go." 

Luhan feels a small smile tugging on his lips. 

 

"It's be great if you could get out of that damn bed and help me with beating up Chanyeol," Jongin mutters.

Sehun laughs and fiddles with the blanket. "I want to, Jongin. I really do. I just don't think I want to see snow again."

Jongin nods solemnly. "I understand." Jongin pokes Sehun's leg. "Anyway. Alpha said that he wants to you to stay. I heard him talking to Minseok-hyung and saying that he likes-"

"That I like what, Jongin?" Jongin freezes and his head slowly turns. Sehun stifles his giggles when he sees Jongin turn red. "Finish your sentence, Jongin." 

Jongin splutters as he looks for an excuse. "N-nothing alpha." He stands up and nearly knocks the chair over. "I-I'll  leave. Talk to you later, Sehun, alright?" Jongin smiles awkwardly and runs out of the tent. 

Luhan watches his pack mate leave and then turns back to Sehun. "So are you going to tell me what he was talking about?" 

Sehun smiles and shakes his head. "Secret." 

Luhan shakes his head and sits down on the chair Jongin once occupied. "So, I have some things to talk to you about." Sehun nods slowly and urges Luhan to continue. "I've talked with the other alphas and betas and will address the omegas after this, but we've agreed to take you in." 

Sehun's ears perk up and he looks at Luhan with a surprised expression. "Really?"

Luhan nods. "We only have four other omegas and two females in our pack, so we're going to need as many people as possible before mating season starts." Sehun bites his lip and looks down at the brown blanket. He hums to indicate that he understands. "Don't take me wrong," Luhan adds, "the pack likes you. It's not just because we want pups." 

"Okay." 

"Do you want to stay?" Luhan probes. 

Sehun seems taken aback at the question. "Of-of course! You've accepted me when my own family didn't." Sehun stops talking and then quietly adds, "Alpha." 

Luhan feels his heart fluttering. 

 

"Your heat's coming up right?" Sehun feels Tao nudge his side with his nose.

"Yea." 

"So do you have an idea who you want your mate to be? You're over eighteen now, aren't you?" Jongin asks. He jumps into a pile of leaves and rolls around happily, tongue lolling out to the side.

Sehun nods. "I don't think anyone wants me, Jongin." 

"Of course people want you!" Tao yells. Jongin jumps onto Tao to shut him up. "You're hot!" 

Sehun's ears twitch. "Umm, thank you?" 

"No problem!"

Jongin snaps his jaws against Tao's neck playfully and then gets off. "I overheard alpha saying that he likes you," Jongin says. 

Sehun's eyes widen and he stops walking. "What?" 

"Isn't it obvious?" Tao snorts. "He's around you all the time!" 

"Like now?" Luhan emerges from the trees and Tao and Jongin freeze in their tracks. "You two should get your hides back to the pack before I tan them." They take off like bullets, leaving Sehun standing in the middle of the grove while Luhan stares him down. "Sehun?" 

"Yes, alpha?" 

"It's true, you know. What Jongin said." 

Sehun's eyes slowly move from the staring at the dirt to meeting Luhan's own. "I-I don't know what to say..." 

"Say yes. Let me be your mate." 

 

Sehun waddles around camp while Jongin and Tao follow him. Sehun has a hand on Jongin's head to make sure he doesn't fall or anything, and Jongin purrs in contentment when Sehun rubs his ears. 

"You look fat," Jongin says when Sehun stops. 

"He's pregnant!" Tao corrects. 

"But still. He looks like a bloated noodle." 

Sehun scowls and stops walking. Tao nearly runs into him. "Jongin, get out of my sight." 

"What? What did I do?" he asks. 

"You called him fat, you ." Tao nudges Jongin and the latter trots away sadly. 

"Am I really that fat?" Sehun asks. He stares at his stomach with a frown on his face. 

Tao quickly denies it. "No, he's just being cranky because he didn't find a mate this season. Don't worry. You're not fat." 

Sehun pouts but continues walking. "Are you sure? I feel really fat."

"There are five pups inside you," Tao explains. "Of course you're going to feel that way." 

Sehun continues his daily walk around the camp and is forced to stop on his second lap when Luhan comes out of a meeting with the betas and other alphas. Luhan picks Sehun up and carries him back to their tent, scolding Sehun for "overworking himself" when he should be resting. "I should get someone to stand outside our tent to make sure you don't leave and hurt yourself or something." 

"But I'll get fatter!" Sehun complains. 

"You're not fat," Luhan says. "You have my pups inside you. Five of them." Luhan kisses Sehun's stomach and then moves upwards towards his chest and finally captures Sehun's lips in a deep kiss. "And I saw you out there," he growls. 

"What?" 

"You were touching Jongin. You don't even rub my ears when I ask you to." Luhan bites Sehun's ear lightly and frowns. 

"He's my friend." 

"But I'm more than your friend." 

"Yea. You're my mate. That's different." 

 

Sehun still hates the snow, but he lets his kids play it in while he watches from inside. He occasionally peeks his head out of the tent flap to make sure that all five are accounted for. Jongin lets the youngest jump on his stomach and pretends to slowly die. 

"The monster is dead! I killed him!" the pup yells happily. His brothers and sisters prance around Jongin's "dead" body and laugh. The youngest runs into the tent and jumps, trying to catch Sehun's attention. "Daddy, I killed the monster!" Sehun laughs and nuzzles his pup with his nose. Sehun begins to small flecks of snow off his child's face and fur. "Daddy, come play with us!" 

"I'll stay here. Have fun with Uncle Jongin. Don't hurt him too much." Sehun nudges the pup's side with his nose. "Go ahead." Sehun watches as his youngest join his siblings outside as they try to capture the monster, who was now awake again. He's so engrossed in their activity that he doesn't feel Luhan come up behind him. 

"Why don't you go outside with them?" 

"You know why. I don't like snow." 

"Then how about we have some fun of our own here?" 


Shoot me. I'm sorry.