7.

Revolves Around You

This is going to be like one of those really cliche dramas where the hot, rich guy gets the dirt poor girl. Yea. I've always wanted to try one of those. XD


Prompt: fem!Sehun and hot kingka Luhan (requested by DeerDot and mim786)

Word Count: 2,179


"Ew, look at her. How can someone look so ugly?" 

Sehun glances over at the group of girls whispering, or at least trying to, and pointing at her. She looks down and lets her hair fall in front of her face. Each word they said was like a pang through her heart. Why did people dislike her so much? Sehun picked at the rice left in her lunch box and then packed it up. She didn't feel like eating anymore. 

As Sehun stood up to leave, one of the girls stuck her foot out. Sehun tripped and fell, causing the whole cafeteria to go quiet and then explode with laughter. She reaches blindly for her glasses and holds them in her hands as she stood. She bites her lips to stifle a sob as she runs out of the cafeteria. 

"You guys are mean," Luhan mutters, eyeing the door Sehun had just disappeared behind. 

Kris wipes tears out of his eyes and hits his fists on the table. "You have to admit, that was pretty funny." 

Luhan snorts and flicks a slice of kimchi at his friend. "Funny, my ." 

"Hey!" Kris yells. 

"Shut up." Luhan slides his tray of food into the trash can and leaves the cafeteria. 

The hallways are mostly empty, save a few students milling around here and there. It isn't really hard to find Sehun. Luhan just had to follow the trail of papers. He finds her sitting behind the school, in the middle of a patch of trees, crying. He sees scratches on her hands and her broken glasses beside her. Her backpack is ripped, most of its contents in Luhan's hands. 

"Sehun?" Luhan pushes his way through the brush and squats down in front of her. She gasps and moves back quickly, pushing herself against the tree trunk. Her eyes are bloodshot and her lips trembling. "Are you okay?" Luhan stays where he is and puts her papers back into her ripped bag. He takes out a handkerchief. "Here." 

Sehun averts her eyes and curls up into herself, hugging her knees. "Why are you here?" she asks. 

"Because no one else is." Luhan smiles softly at her and urges her to take the handkerchief. "You look like a mess. Clean up at least." When she doesn't make a move, he sets it down on her bag and pushes it closer to her. "I'll see if I can fix your glasses," he says. Luhan sits down, leaving a bit of distance between them, and picks up her glasses. The frame is broken and the lenses are cracked. "You need new ones. I don't think I can fix this," he informs her sadly. 

Sehun shakes her head. "I don't need new glasses." 

"Yes, you do," Luhan argues. "You can't see without them and these can't be used anymore." 

"I don't need new glasses." 

Before Luhan can say a word, Sehun snatches her broken glasses out of his hands and gathers her bag. Her books are placed inside and she holds them in her arms. The bag is kept by her side, even if she can't use it, as she runs into the building. 

Luhan feels guilty. Guilty that he didn't stop the bullying, guilty that he could help her. 

 

Luhan coincidentally meets Sehun outside of school two weeks later. He is buying chips for a party and sees her standing at the register at the front of the store, thanking a costumer with a smile on her face. She's wearing her broken glasses, but the frame is crudely taped back into place. Luhan is sure she can't see anything even with them on. 

He grabs all of the things he's buying and rushes to the register. At first, she doesn't notice that it's him, only asking him if he found everything he needed. She scans all the items and then looks up to tell him the price. The small smile on her face slips off and morphs into a small frown. 

"What are you doing here?" she asks. 

"I'm being a customer," he replies. 

Sehun purses her lips together. "That'll be $7.36 please." 

Luhan  hands her the money. "Can I talk to you? When you have break or something?" 

Sehun glances at the time. "Why?" 

"I don't know, really," Luhan confesses. "You just seem like you need some cheering up." He smiles. "Later. I'll give you my number." 

"I don't have a phone," Sehun mutters. "And you need to get out of line now. There are people waiting after you." 

Luhan is stunned, jaw open as he stares at Sehun, who has a smile on her face again. It's fake though, Luhan can tell, because she keeps looking back at him with sad eyes.

 

Luhan doesn't go to the party. He drops off the food and stays for ten minutes then makes up an excuse to leave. He runs back to the store and finds Sehun closing it up. He waits outside for her and when she leaves, he comes up beside her. 

"Hey." 

Sehun lets out a small shriek and whips around. "Oh my god. You scared me." 

"Let me walk you home," Luhan says. 

"No." She pulls the hair tie out of the bun she tied her hair in and rakes her fingers through the locks. 

"It's night. It's not safe for a girl to walk home alone in the dark," Luhan insists. "And besides, we can talk." 

Sehun gives Luhan a look. "What's there to talk about?" 

"Everything and anything." 

Sehun feels her heart skip a beat. No one had spoken to her in that way before. "Fine," she whispers. 

Luhan grins. "Lead the way." 

 

Sehun feels herself being pushed to the ground. Her knees scrape against the ground and she drops her books to break her fall. Her palms and knees are bleeding and the group of girls circle around her. 

"I saw you walking home with Luhan-oppa last night," one of them says. Mikyung? "How did an ugly like you get with Luhan-oppa?" 

Sehun doesn't say anything and tries to fix her glasses with her trembling hands. But when she feels someone kick her back, sending her glasses flying, she lets out a pained cry. 

"Can you speak? Are you ugly and dumb?" 

The girls start laughing and Sehun feels something on her head. She reached her hand up to touch it and felt something wet and sticky. Gum. The other ones grab her books and binder, ripping the pages and throwing them away. Sehun sobs openly. That was seven paychecks worth of books, all gone.

"What's going on here?" 

Sehun sees, through her tears, the circle parting, letting someone through. 

"L-luhan-oppa." 

"Don't call me that," Luhan snaps. "Get out of my sight." 

The girls listen, but add in their fair share of kicks to Sehun's body. Someone even steps on her already ruined glasses. 

Sehun feels reassuring arms wrap around her body. "Hey, let's stand up. We'll clean you up and then worry about your books." Sehun feels Luhan dabbing her eyes with his handkerchief and hears him coax her into leaning into him. "I'm pretty sure the teachers will understand if we miss English." 

Sehun lets Luhan guide her, her legs shaking so badly he eventually picks her up and carries her. Luhan brings her to the nurse's office and sets her down on one of the beds. Mrs. Kwon wasn't in the room, but Luhan knew where everything was put. He cleaned the dirt off Sehun's hands first, blowing on it when she makes pained noises. He moves onto her knees afterwards, kneeling on the floor and dabbing her skinned knees with antiseptic and placing a bandage over it. 

"We should get that nasty gum out of your hair." 

"It's fine," Sehun murmurs. "Don't touch it." 

"But you'll have to get it out eventually. Unless you want to cut your hair, of course." 

Sehun just shakes her head. "You've done a lot for me already. Thank you, Luhan." 

Luhan gives her a guilty look. "But I haven't done enough. I know you work three jobs just to pay for rent and everything. I know you have a little brother at home. I know you have a sick mother and a dead father. I know." Luhan brushes Sehun's hair away from her teary eyes. "And I know you put others before yourself. That's why you don't do anything about the unjust treatment those girls give you. You think that if they pick on you, the other students wouldn't have to suffer." He smiles softly and thumbs her tears away. "You're too selfless. It's not a good thing. And you know what? That idea that if you take the bullying, others wouldn't have to suffer...it doesn' t work." 

Sehun bunches her uniform skirt in her hands as she feels Luhan's soft touches on her hair. "It's because I'm suffering when I see you hurt. I'm suffering because I can't do anything." 

 

Luhan walks Sehun home that day, doubting that she could even making out of school safely. He has an arm around her, guiding her, even though she had told him she didn't need any help. Sehun unlocks the door and the first thing she meets his her little brother jumping into her arms. 

"Noona! You're home!" he squeals, wrapping his short arms around her neck. "I missed you so, so much!" 

Sehun laughs. "I was gone for five hours, Jongin-ah." She gives him a kiss on the forehead and then toes her shoes off. "Come," she says, waving Luhan in. He follows her into the kitchen and sees her set Jongin down on the counter. "Did you have lunch yet?" she asks. 

Jongin shakes his head. 

Sehun frowns. "Why didn't you?" She smoothens his hair with her hand, but then stops halfway when she feels the sting. "Let's eat lunch, hmm?" 

Luhan watches her interact with her brother. She was so different at home than she was at school, and Luhan's heart ached knowing that Sehun was being treated in such a bad way. 

"Do you want lunch?" she asks. 

Luhan leaves his spot at the doorway and sits down at the table, across from Jongin. The boy stares at him curiously before his face turns into a small frown. 

"Noona, who's this?" 

Sehun glances away from the stove. "Don't point, Jongin-ah. It's rude." 

Luhan feels a smile tugging at his lips when Jongin pouts and slides off the chair. He walks over to Luhan and props his elbows on Luhan's thighs. "Who are you?" he asks, staring up at Luhan with wide, wondering eyes. 

"I'm your noona's friend." 

"But noona doesn't have any friends. She only has people who don't like her. She calls them her classmates. Are you her classmate too?" 

Sehun turns off the stove and puts her hand on Jongin's mouth. "That's enough, Jongin." 

Jongin wriggles out of his sister's grasp and runs back to his seat. "Are you?" 

"Jongin," Sehun says warningly. 

"No. I'm her friend." Luhan looks up at Sehun. "Right?" 

 

"What are you doing with Luhan-oppa?" Mikyung pushes Sehun into the lockers and tugs at her hair harshly. "How did an ugly, stupid, poor like you get someone like him?" she shrieks. Sehun feels a slap across her cheek, new glasses flying off her face, and tears spring to her eyes. "Answer me!" 

"She's obviously a lot better than you." 

Mikyung turns her head slightly and loosens her grasp on Sehun's hair when she sees who it is. 

"I think you should leave now before I get the whole school to know what you've done to my girlfriend." 

"G-girlfriend?" Mikyung sputters. 

Luhan nods. "Yep. We got together." Luhan bends down to pick up Sehun's glasses and he pulls her away from the lockers. He puts the glasses back on her face and tucks a strand of hair behind her ear. "She's cute right?" 

"A-are you mocking me?" Mikyung exclaims. 

"I don't know. I am pretty pissed you touched my girlfriend and all." He smiles at her. "You should leave now." Luhan sees the different emotions flicker through Mikyung's eyes. Confusion, anger, frustration, jealousy, and resent. She storms away minutes later, the crowd of people that formed dispersing so that she could pass. 

Sehun feels Luhan touch her chin lightly. "Does it hurt?" he whispers. "It's all red." 

"I'll be fine," Sehun replies. 

"Sorry I couldn't get there earlier," Luhan says.

"It's okay. You got here just in time." 

"You have to learn to fight back, Sehun-ah. You can't just let her beat you around like that," he scolds softly. 

"They'll find someone else to prey on. Some other weak, defenseless girl that doesn't fight back. I'd rather that be me than someone else." 

Luhan softens. "You're an angel, Sehun." He presses a kiss on her hair. "But you don't have to do that." 

"If I don't, who will? There's only one Luhan and he's taken by me. Who'll be the Luhan for them?" 

"They'll all find their 'Luhan's one day, Sehun. But for now, this Luhan is yours."


Ugh, I've lost my binder for school (which had everything in it)