26.

Revolves Around You

ANGST. And like, I saw this post where they compared Minguk (TROS) to Sehun and I was like, I gotta write something where Sehun is his dad and this happened. 


Prompt: Sehun has been waiting for months, Luhan still hasn't come back. No phone call, no email, no text, nothing. How was he supposed to survive without Luhan beside him? How was he supposed to survive alone with this human inside him? Mpreg

Word count: 1,210


"I'll be back in two months," Luhan had said. "Don't worry about a thing. I promise to be careful." Luhan had kissed him then, wiping Sehun's salty tears away with his thumb. "Be careful, alright?" Sehun had watched Luhan sink down onto his knees and press his lips on Sehun's clothed stomach. "Daddy will be home soon, Minguk-ah. Don't give your mommy a hard time, okay?" Sehun had scolded him then, telling him to not teach Minguk to call him mommy, and Minguk had given a kick to Luhan's hand. "I love you." 

"Love you too." 

That was three months ago. 

Sehun is shuffling into the kitchen slowly, one hand on the wall, the other on his lower back. His feet are aching and Minguk is kicking because he's hungry. Sehun opens the refrigerator, peeking inside and taking out the strawberry yogurt he bought the other day. He finds a spoon in the dish drying rack and sticks it in his mouth as he peels off the lid. He sits down on a chair, propping up his legs on another one. Sighing, he eats his snack. 

"You like that, Minguk-ah?" Sehun puts a hand on his bulging stomach and smiles fondly. "I like it too." Sehun finds it fun to talk to the fetus in his stomach, especially when Minguk decides to reply to his comments with a kick or punch. Sehun stares out the window into the driveway. Everyday has been the same. He's gone through the same, mundane procedure ever since Luhan left. Sleep, shower, eat, read, eat, watch TV, eat, shower, sleep. Sehun had grown bored of the routine a long time ago, even before Luhan left. But being with Luhan made it a lot more entertaining. 

Sehun wishes Luhan would just come home already. The crack in his heart grows bigger and bigger every day and the longing washes over him in the middle of the night when the world is dark and silent. There's no one to hold him, no one to whisper sweet nothings into his ear, no one to massage his aching feet, no one to kiss his tears away. Sehun is all alone as he waits for his husband to come back from the country so far away. 

Sehun knows that it's part of Luhan's job, being a doctor and scientist in charge of researching emerging diseases. The job is horrifying for Sehun, being Luhan's husband, because every day might be a day where Luhan doesn't come back home. Sehun doesn't know why he had let Luhan go on this one, knowing that he was going to give birth soon. 

Minguk kicks him then, jolting Sehun back into reality. The doorbell is ringing. 

 

"Do you need anything? Are you comfortable?" 

"I'm fine," Sehun reassures. 

Baekhyun leans back on the sofa beside Sehun. "Anything from Luhan-hyung?" 

Sehun sighs, shaking his head. "It's been a month since he was supposed to come back." Then, as if a sudden thought hit him, he gripped Baekhyun's hand. "What if something happened to him? What if he's sick? What, what if-" 

"Sehun!" 

Sehun stares at his friend with tear-filled eyes. "What if he died?" 

"Sehun!" Baekhyun cups Sehun's cheeks with his hands. "Breathe. Sehun-ah, you have to calm down." 

"I can't! What if he's nothing coming home, Baek? I can't live without him! Minguk can't live without him! What am I supposed to do?!" Sehun breaks down into sobs, crying into Baekhyun's shoulder. Sehun misses Luhan with all his life and at that moment, he would give up anything just to hear Luhan's voice. 

"He'll come home. I'm sure of it. He's probably just busy. Don't worry. He promised to be careful. He's going to come back," Baekhyun whispers. 

Sehun drowns Baekhyun's words out with his sobs. His mind flashes back to Luhan's smile. He just wants Luhan home. 

 

Sehun lies on his side, hugging his stomach as his eyes droop. It's past midnight already, but he can't sleep. His mind drifts back and forth between reality and dream land. He imagines Luhan lying beside him, hand on his cheek, as he drifts off. He imagines Luhan tangling his fingers in his hair. He imagines Luhan's soft lips on his forehead. He imagines being in Luhan's arms as familiar hands rub his stomach as he falls asleep. 

It's all a dream. Luhan isn't there. Sehun sleeps, images of Luhan coming home in his head. 

 

Sehun is in the garden, watering his plants, Baekhyun doing something inside the house when he feels liquid trickle down his thigh. He drops the watering can and stops. ", did I just pee?" He looks down at his shorts and finds a wet spot in front. "Baek!" 

Baekhyun emerges from the house, wiping his hands. "What?" 

"Can you bring me inside?" 

Baekhyun scans Sehun's body, eyes narrowing at the wet spot on Sehun's shorts. "Are you okay?" 

"I-I think so-ah!" 

"Sehun!" Baekhyun runs, barefoot, into the grass and steadies Sehun. "What's wrong? Are you hurt?" 

"I think- this is painful-I think he's coming," Sehun pants, grappling onto Baekhyun's arms tightly. 

"Who's coming?" Baekhyun asks, eyes wide. 

"Minguk." 

 

Sehun writes a letter the next day, addressed to his husband, that is never sent. 

Minguk lies in his arms, swaddled in blankets, staring up at his father's face while on a bottle. 

Sehun feels tears well up in his eyes again. He was so happy, so happy that Minguk was here with him. But at the same time, there was this feeling in his gut that told him something was wrong. Sehun just hoped it had nothing to do with his newborn. 

"Sehun?" 

"Hey." Sehun watches as Baekhyun walks into the room with heavy footsteps and plops down onto the edge of the bed. "Is something wrong?" 

"I don't know if I should tell you this now..." 

Sehun's eyebrows furrow. "What is it?" There is a lapse of silence. "Is it about Luhan?" When Baekhyun doesn't say a word, Sehun knows that his answer is spot on. "What is it, Baek?" Sehun looks down at the baby in his arms and bites his lip. "Is it bad news?" 

His heart breaks when Baekhyun nods. 

 

"Mommy?" 

"Yes, Minguk-ah?" 

"Minguk has a question." 

Sehun pats his lap and lets his son crawl on. "What is it, baby?" he asks, kissing Minguk's plump cheeks. 

"Minguk's friends have daddies that come pick them up at daycare. What about Minguk? Does Minguk have a daddy?" 

Swallowing the pain in his chest and squeezing the toddler on his lap just the slightest bit tighter, Sehun sighs. "Yes you do." 

"But where is he?" Minguk squirms in his father's lap and finally finds a way to stand on his father's thighs to see eye to eye, supported by Sehun's hands on his back and legs. Minguk has an eager look in his eyes, a spark of excitement that Sehun never wants to put out. 

"He's in a better place. He's watching over you right now. He's so happy to see his big boy all grown up." Sehun nuzzles his nose against Minguk's and smiles. "Your daddy loves you so much Minguk." 

"Minguk loves daddy too even though he isn't here!" Minguk exclaims. 

"I love him too."

I miss you hyung.