17.

Revolves Around You

 

Hehe, Sehun has a crush on his TA with a nice . (Does Luhan even have an ?) Somewhat inappropriate jokes, guys


Prompt: Sehun falls in love with someone 5 years older than him and is told that he's too young. Heartbroken, he tries to move on while Luhan finds out his real feelings for the younger. (requested by Inazuma00Lover) 

Word count: 1,305


For as long as he could remember, Sehun had always been in love with Luhan. 

It started off sometime in the first grade, according to Jongdae, when Sehun had been bullied for his lisp and Luhan had come to his rescue. 

"I swear, he is an angel." 

Jongdae snorts and mumbles something incoherent under his breath. 

"What?" Sehun asks offhandedly. 

"Nothing." Jongdae waves a hand, dismissing Sehun's words. "Just go back to ogling, lover boy." 

Sehun makes a face, but it soon disappears when he sees Luhan bend down to take his coffee can out of the vending machine. Jongdae notices the silence and looks up to find Sehun practically drooling. He rolls his eyes and smacks the back of Sehun's head. "You're salivating." 

"Stop using big words," Sehun grumbles, rubbing his pink cheeks and burying his face in his arms. 

 

"Hey, guess what?" Jongdae slides into the chair next to Sehun in the library and props his face on Sehun's textbook. 

"What." 

"Guess who's not straight?"

"You?" Sehun mutters, tugging the textbook from under Jongdae's elbows. 

"Well, yes, but no. That's not the point. Someone else." Jongdae has a eerie smile on his face that Sehun finds unnerving. 

"I don't know," Sehun whispers. "Just get to the point, I have a test later." 

"Luhan." 

Sehun's eyes widen and he screams, "What?!" as he pushes his chair back to stand. 

There are glares from the other students and the librarian, and Sehun turns pink, bowing to apologize. He sits back down and stares at Jongdae, who's grinning, and hisses, "When did you figure this out? Who told you?" 

Jongdae just grins. "A little birdy told me right before I came here." Leaning forward, Jongdae suddenly turns serious. "But what are you going to do?"

Sehun sighs, putting his face in his book. "I don't know." 

"Ask him out. As a dongsaeng, not a student." Jongdae straigtens and pats Sehun's hair lovingly. "My little child has a chance." 

"Stop it." Sehun brushes his hair back into place and stares at Jongdae with a set jaw. 

I'm going to do it. You can do this. Oh Sehun, fighting!

 

"Hey Sehun, need something?" Luhan smiles at him, making Sehun melt into a pile of goo. 

"No?" he squeaks, voice octaves higher than normal. Sehun can feel his face turning red and his cheeks burning. 

"No?" Luhan chuckles, packing up his things. "How's school, Sehun? Are your grades good?" 

Sehun nods, fidgeting on his toes. "Luhan?" 

"Hmm?" 

"I want to ask you something."

"Ask away." Luhan locks the classroom and stands in front of the door, waiting for Sehun. "Go on." 

"As a friend, not your student."

Luhan raises an eyebrow, but says nothing. "Go ahead." 

"Can you..." Sehun wrings his hands together. "Can you..." 

" Sehun, I'm kind of in a hurry, so if you could...speed it up a little?" 

Sehun visibly wilts. "Never mind..." He turns and trudges down the empty hallway, shoes clacking and echoing. A lonely sound. 

 

"What's wrong with you?" Jongdae asks when he plops down next to Sehun the next day to find his best friend, half asleep, eye red and puffy. 

"Tired," Sehun mumbles in reply. 

"Why?" 

"I was busy crying last night." Sehun sniffles as if to emphasize his point. "I'm going to give up on him." 

Jongdae snorts. "As if you can," he mutters under his breath. 

"No, I'm going to. I will." Sehun makes a face and pumps his fist. "I'm gonna do it." 

Jongdae can only roll his eyes. 

 

"Sehun? Can we talk after school?" Sehun looks up from his notebook, pencil still in his mouth. He blinks at Luhan a few times and nods meekly. Luhan smiles a blinding smile that warms up Sehun's insides. "Alright then." 

 

"What was it that you wanted to tell me yesterday? I'm sorry, it was pretty rude of me to say something like that." 

Sehun breathes out loudly. "It was nothing important." 

"No! Tell me. I'm not your teacher, but I am your TA. I can help you if it's school related." 

"It's not," Sehun mumbles. 

"Still. Tell me." 

"Go out with me." Sehun looks up at Luhan with a sudden rush of adrenaline. His blood pounds loudly in his ears and his breath quickens. Sehun's fists clench when he sees Luhan's expression. "No, right? I knew it." 

"Sehun-"

"I have to go now. Sorry, Luhan." Sehun bows stiffly and rushes out of the room. He doesn't hear Luhan calling him back. 

 

Luhan: Sehun?

​Sehun: ...

Luhan: You didn't let me finish

Luhan: I was going to tell you that it's not going to work. I'm your TA. We can't do that.

Sehun: Stop

Luhan: Let me explain myself

Sehun: I don't want to hear it

Luhan: Sehun you're too young for it to happen anyway

Oh ​Sehun went offline. 

Sehun sighs loudly and leans back on his chair. He rubs his face with his hands and crosses his arms on his chest. Why does love have to be so complicated?! 

 

Luhan rubs his hair dry, water still dripping from the ends onto his bed, creating dark blue spots on the light blue comforter. 

All he has on his mind Sehun's disheartened expression that day after school. He cringes at the memory of Sehun's face, red, puffy eyes, most likely from crying. Luhan's always had a tiny crush on the younger. It started back in elementary school when he saw how Sehun's eyes lit up whenever he was presented with a toy. His smile, missing a front tooth, was absolutely adorable and Luhan wanted nothing more and to plant a big, fat, wet kiss on the younger's chubby cheeks. But, alas, he couldn't. 

When he moved up to middle school, he didn't meet Sehun, and it was the same for high school. But going into college, he soon found an opportunity to get close to the boy again. What was a better way to see Sehun everyday than to be his class' TA? Nothing, in Luhan's opinion. Except now, he's found one reason why it's a bad idea. 

He can't date a student. 

Luhan flops back on his bed and whines. "Why, why why?!" He puts his face in a pillow and screams. 

 

"Sehun?" 

Sehun looks up and finds Luhan standing in front of him, canned coffee in hand. He places a strawberry milk carton on the table and slides it across so it hits Sehun's elbow. 

"It's for you. I want to talk to you after school. If you're not busy." Luhan gives him a tight lipped smile, a nod to Jongdae, and then stalks off. 

Jongdae pokes Sehun's side as Sehun glares at the milk carton. "Hey, something going on between you two?" 

Sehun's lower lip juts out, eyebrows pulled together into a frown, as he rips the carton and sips on the pink milk with a straw. In Jongdae's opinion, he didn't look very angry. "He rejected me." 

Jongdae looks half-surprised, half-sad. "Oh, sorry." 

"It's okay. I should have given up before." 

 

"We have to keep it a secret, okay? I might lose this job and that would be bad." 

Luhan's words are deaf to Sehun's ears. He's just too happy because Luhan found a way and said yes. He stares up at the slightly taller male as a smile slowly creeps onto his lips. "I know, I know," he says, quickly. He stands on his tiptoes and kisses Luhan's lips. They feel perfect molded with his. Sehun has a wide grin on his face when he pulls away. "I've always had a crush on you. Since the first grade," Sehun mumbles. He's too busy trying to control his heartbeat to focus on anything else other than Luhan's face. 

"Same here," Luhan breathes, cupping Sehun's cheek and bring their lips together again. 

Sehun feels like he's in heaven.