25.

Revolves Around You

Baby fairies are the size of your palm at the age of one with small wings. The mature fairies in this story are basically about the size of your hands with larger wings on their back.  


Prompt: Slightly inspired by this; Luhan is forced into buying a little fairy by his best friend; tiny Sehun once again (I have a thing for tiny Sehun okay? Leave me alone plz)

Word count: 3,030


"That one! Definitely that one." Chanyeol nearly falls off his chair in excitement while stabbing his index finger on Luhan's tablet. "He looks exactly like you, oh my god!" 

Luhan rolls his eyes as he clicks on the image of the pouting rainbow-haired fairy. The profile reads:

Name: Oh Sehun

Nicknames: Sehunnie, Hunnie

​Age: 1 and a 1/2

Birthday: April 12

Likes: Warm/fuzzy things, pink, being cuddled

Dislikes: Loud noises, being left alone, the dark

Cost: $425

Luhan's eyes bulge at the cost. "Chan, he's more expensive than anything I own!"

"Please, Lu, this is nothing compared to the one I bought last month. Jongin was worth almost double this price!" 

"Yea, and all he does is sleep and hover above my nose whenever he's half-awake." 

Chanyeol is appalled as he covers Jongin's ears with his finger. "Don't insult my fairy!" 

Jongin, who was snoring softly until that moment, jerks awake and sits up slowly, rubbing his eyes with his tiny fists. 

Chanyeol coos at the sight and wipes drool off Jongin's mouth with his pinky. 

"What are you doing, Chanyeol?" He squeaks. He stands up and lets his pale blue wings carry his body onto Chanyeol's shoulder. 

"We're looking for a fairy for Luhan. You two can be friends!" 

Jongin yawns and curls up on Chanyeol's shoulder. "Hmm..." Soon, soft snores can be heard. 

"Luhan, you have to get him. You're the only one left in our group, no, this building, no, this country without a fairy!" 

Luhan rubs his face. "I would like to keep it that way," he mutters. 

"No! I am going to make you get this fairy if it's the last thing I will do!" 

Jongin is startled awake. "Huh? Chanyeol?" 

 

Luhan is shoveling cereal into his mouth when the doorbell rings. He hastily wipes his mouth with the back of his hands and attempts to pick cereal pieces from between his teeth with his tongue. He fixes his hair with one hand as he opens the door. 

"We have a package for Mr. Lu Han?" 

"That's me." 

"Okay, your fairy is here. We need you to sign these papers and then Sehun is yours!" The man grins broadly and s a clipboard and pen into Luhan's hands. 

Luhan skims over the page and signs his name at the bottom. 

"Okay, thank you! Sehun's sleeping right now, but give him half an hour, and he'll be up. He's very energetic." The worker smiles again. "Bye, Mr. Lu Han!" A pink box with purple ribbon is given to him. Luhan stares at the air-holes and strains to hear the faint breathing from inside the box. Peeking inside, he sees a little bundle wrapped in a pink blanket. Smiling fondly, Luhan shuffles back inside. 

 

"Huh?" 

Sehun stares at the unfamiliar surroundings. He's on a too big bed and his stuffed cow plushie is gone. Sehun lifts up his blanket and peers over the side of the bed but he still can't find it. He crawls around the bed, searching for the little cow. 

"Where are you?" he mumbles. "Cow!" 

Sehun knows he should have named it earlier. Now it wouldn't reply because calling "cow" is such a broad term.

Soon, Sehun hears loud footsteps and then a giant appears in front of him. He cranes his neck, looking up, up, up and finally sees his plushie in the giant's hand. 

"My cow!" Sehun screeches. He lifts himself off his hands and knees and flutters to the giant's hand. He flops down and grabs the cow in his arm, snuggling it close to his chest. "You found him!" Sehun kisses the giant's thumb as a 'thank you' and rolls around on his palm while scolding the cow. "Why did you wander off, hmm? That's bad! What if a meanie giant found you?" 

Luhan watches the little fairy in his hand as a grin plants itself on his face. While Sehun was sleeping, Luhan had read the manual that had come with the little fairy and found out all there is to know about him. He found that Sehun absolutely loved sweets and would eat until he would get sick, but then refuse to drink medicine. He found that Cow was Sehun's most prized possession. He found that Sehun was a giant (haha) ball of fluff that loved to cuddle and could only sleep on a human's chest at night. He learned that Sehun could never be left alone and should never be let out of sight unless he's sleeping because the little fairy can disappear in a blink of an eye. He also found that Sehun, because he was still a baby, could not control how much glitter he secretes from his wings. Fairies usually mature at the age of 7 and Sehun was still 1 1/2. Thus, glitter would appear whenever Sehun was angry, happy, excited or upset. 

"Are you my owner?" 

Luhan snaps out of his daze as he hears Sehun childish voice cut through the air. "Yeah. I'm Luhan. Nice to meet you Sehun." 

"Sehunnie! Call me Sehunnie!" Sehun rubs the cow's fur on his cheek as he stares up at Luhan with wide eyes. "Sehun sounds boring." 

Luhan Sehun's rainbow hair with his other hand and nods. "Okay, Sehunnie. Are you hungry?" He ignores the pink glitter all over his hand

Sehun stops nuzzling into his cow to wrap an arm around his stomach. "Luhan, do you have cookies?" 

 

"I don't want carrots!" Sehun flies away from the table and plops himself on top of the cookie jar. "I want cookies!" 

"Sehun, don't be a brat. Come here and eat." 

"You're a meanie giant!" Sehun flails his arms and legs. "Cookies!" 

"If you eat three carrot pieces, I'll give you a fourth of a cookie. If you eat twelve pieces of the carrot, I'll give you the whole cookie." Luhan picks Sehun off the ceramic jar and watches as pink glitter drifts from Sehun's wings onto his black granite counter. "How's that sound." 

"I don't like carrots! I want cookies!" Sehun crosses his arms on his chest and pouts. His cheeks and the tips of his ears turn red as he tries to work up a few tears just to make Luhan feel guilty. "Cookies, Luhan!" Sehun lets a tear fall from his eyelash and he sniffles pathetically. "Just one. One cookie." 

Luhan stares open-jawed at the little fairy in front of him. How was a baby so good at pulling at Luhan's heartstrings? "Um...uh..." 

"One. Just one," Sehun pleads, folding both hands and holding it in front of him while staring up at Luhan with pouty lips and teary eyes. 

Luhan groans. "Fine, fine, you get a cookie. Dammit, Sehun." 

Sehun brightens immediately, not even caring about how he wasn't addressed as "Sehunnie." He kicks his legs around in happiness and his small hands latch onto Luhan's fingers to le on them affectionately. Even more glitter falls from his wings. "Thank you! You're the best giant person ever!" His eyes are half moons as he squeals in happiness.

Luhan feels his heart do a backflip. Sehun was just way too cute for his own good.

 

That night, after a bath, Sehun was on Luhan's bed, , as he tries to run from the striped blue pajama set Luhan was holding. 

"I don't like blue! Pink! Pink!" Sehun screeches. 

Luhan sighs for the umpteenth time that day. It's only been half a day since he's got Sehun, but he's already tired of the little fairy's excitement. 

Sehun throws Cow at Luhan's hand when it comes close and then screams for Luhan to give it back. "He's mine! Meanie giant!" 

"Sehun, please put clothes on." 

"Sehunnie! You have to call me Sehunnie!" Sehun pouts. He crosses his arms on his chest as his gold colored wings secretes pink glitter onto the white bedsheets. 

"Sehunnie," Luhan emphasizes," you have to put clothes on." 

"I want them pink! They have to be pink!" 

Luhan nearly pulls at his hair in frustration. Oh how he wishes Sehun just slept all day like Jongin does. "Sehunnie, please." 

Sehun whines, flopping on his back. "Pink. Hunnie only likes pink." 

Oh great. Now he's talking in third person. Luhan thinks taking care of Sehun is like taking care of a baby (though he really was one). Luhan just isn't cut out for parenting. 

"Sehunnie, just tonight. I'll get you a pink set tomorrow, okay?" 

Sehun pouts, rolling on his side. "Pink only. Hunnie will only wear pink." 

Luhan's eye twitches. Take deep breaths. He's a baby. Don't explode. Lu Han. You can do this. Hwaiting! 

"Fine. You can sleep tonight." Luhan tosses the blue pajama set and Cow onto his nightstand and gets into bed. He purposely puts Sehun's pink blanket somewhere on the bed under his blanket. 

Sehun rubs his eyes tiredly as he looks for his blanket and Cow. "Luhan, where is Cow and blankie?" 

Luhan grunts, closing his eyes and turning off the lights, settling down with his back facing Sehun. 

The bloodcurdling scream following the disappearance of light makes Luhan scramble to turn it back on. "Why, what's wrong?" 

"Hunnie wants light!" Sehun has a few tears streaming down his red cheeks and he tries to climb into Luhan's back but fails. His wings are flapping wildly behind him and glitter flies everywhere. "Hunnie doesn't like the dark!" 

Luhan turns, taking care to not squish his fairy, as scoops Sehun into his larger hand. Glitter gets into his nose and Luhan sneezes. "I can't sleep with the light on," he says. He wipes Sehun's tears away. He reaches a hand under the blanket and grabs hold of the soft fabric that was Sehun's blanket. He takes it out and drapes it across Sehun's bare shoulders. He lies Sehun down onto his chest, stomach down, and plucks Cow from the nightstand. "There you go." 

"Can Hunnie sleep on Luhan?" Sehun sniffs. He rubs his eyes again as he stares at Luhan with watery eyes. 

"Uh huh." Luhan smiles softly, remembering that Sehun could only sleep on a human at night. He feels Sehun rearrange himself so that his ear was pressed to the area where Luhan's heart was. "I'm going to turn off the light okay?" 

Sehun is half-awake but he still manages to shake his head and pout. 

"I'll protect you Sehunnie. It's okay." 

Sehun murmurs something as Luhan watches as Sehun hugs Cow in one hand and presses the other on Luhan's chest and fists Luhan's shirt. 

When Luhan hears steady breathing, he reaches a hand to turn off the light. "Night, Sehunnie." 

 

Luhan wakes up to find Sehun giggling by himself. He sits up and pats his hair down only to have it pop back up again. He shakes his head and turns his head to watch Sehun. 

The little fairy is sitting on the nightstand and playing with the pajama set. He's rubbing the fabric all over his face and slipping his hands into the pockets. There is a large pile of glitter behind Sehun's little and Luhan smiles dumbly as he pinches some and sprinkles it over Sehun's head. He looks up and smiles when he sees Luhan. "Good morning Luhan!" Sehun's rainbow hair is messy and now has flecks of sparkly stuff in it. Luhan puts his hand out and Sehun flies into his palm. He kisses Luhan's thumb and lies down, holding Cow above his body. "Can I have another cookie?" 

"Again?" 

Sehun nods. "Yes please!" 

"How about you put on clothes and I'll think about it." 

Sehun frowns, eyebrows creasing in the middle. "But the clothes are blue. I don't like blue." 

"They're just clothes, Sehunnie." 

"Yes, but I don't like blue!" Sehun scores his mouth into an upside down "U" and stares up at Luhan. 

The giant snorts and bops Sehun's nose. "You're getting carrots and I won't let you sleep with me tonight." They're empty words, but Sehun doesn't know that.

Sehun's eyes widen. "No." 

Luhan raises an eyebrow. "Why can't I? You're not listening to me, so I won't listen to you." 

Sehun clenches his fists together and the tips of his ears turn red. "You're mean!" 

Luhan shrugs. "You've called me that twice already. A third time doesn't make a difference." 

Sehun makes a high-pitched noise in the back of his throat and scowls. "I don't like you. I want to go back. Send me back! I want to go back to Joonie-hyung and Fanfan-hyung and Minmin-hyung. I don't like it here!" Sehun throws Cow in a fit of anger and freezes as he watches his plushie fall down to the floor. 

"Brat," Luhan mutters. He picks Sehun up with two fingers and plops him back down on the nightstand. He doesn't look back as he leaves the room. 

 

Sehun sniffles. The fabric rubbing against his skin doesn't feel so soft anymore and he can't even bare to look at himself. He's wearing blue! The thought itself makes a shudder run down his spine. He rubs his eyes and wipes his runny nose with the blue sleeve. Sehun shakes his head and scratches his hair. It's so itchy with all that glitter Luhan had sprinkled on his head earlier. 

Thinking about Luhan makes Sehun want to cry again. He was just so mean! He didn't let Sehun eat what he wanted and didn't get him pink pajamas. Sehun kicks his legs in frustration but when his stomach growls in hunger once again, he remembers his original intent. He flutters out of the room and follows the sound of frustrated Luhan to find the kitchen. There is another giant there, even bigger than Luhan, but there was also another fairy. This fairy was sleeping on the other giant's head and had blue wings. 

Oh, how Sehun was beginning to despise that color. "Luhan," he calls out. 

Luhan stops pulling at his hair and looks around the room. 

Sehun sinks to the floor when his wings get tired and runs over to Luhan's feet. He stands on his toes and tugs on Luhan's pant legs. 

"What do you want, Sehun?"

Sehun pouts at the name. "Sehunnie wants food. He wore blue clothes." Sehun spat out the word blue and shuddered. "Sehunnie is hungry." 

Luhan smiles triumphantly and plucks the tiny fairy off his toes to place him on the table.

Sehun is slightly dazed and then he makes eye contact with the other giant. He has huge eyes that bore into Sehun's own and it honestly scared him a bit. He hid behind Luhan's hand. "Who's that?" he whispered. 

"Chanyeol, introduce yourself." 

"Hi! You're Sehun right?" 

Sehun shakes his head in fear and buries his face into Luhan's palm. "He's scary! Scary giant!" 

"You scared him!" Luhan scolds. He scoops Sehun up and cradles him in his chest. "I'll get you some cereal." 

"Can Sehunnie have cookie?" Sehun hiccups. 

"No, but I'll get you Frosted Flakes. They're pretty sweet. Don't cry okay?" Luhan shoots Chanyeol a death glare and Sehun's hair. "Don't cry, Sehunnie." 

"Wow, you two are already on nicknames. Does he call you 'Hannie' or 'Lulu?'" Chanyeol cackles.

"Shut up, Chanyeol." 

Chanyeol makes a face but it changes when Jongin stirs from his sleep. 

"Here." Luhan gives Sehun a cereal flake and watches as the baby fairy eats it. Sehun's eye brighten when he tastes the sugar coating the outside and proceeds to the entire flake before biting into it. He makes a disgusted face and tosses it to the side, holding out both hands for another piece. 

Luhan scoffs. "You have to eat the entire thing, not just the outside, Sehunnie." 

"Cereal isn't sweet. Sehunnie only likes sweet." 

"Do you see what I mean, Chan? He's so cute but so frustrating at the same time." 

Sehun gasps. "Luhan doesn't like Sehunnie?" His voice is small and frightened and Luhan immediately regrets it. 

"Oh ," Chanyeol whispers. 

"No, Sehun-ah. It's just- you-" 

"Luhan doesn't like Sehunnie." The way Sehun said it made Luhan's heart crack. It's only their second day together and he's already ed things up.

"Sehun, I really like you. I really do." He picks Sehun up and holds him up to eye level. "We're not used to living with each other yet. I don't hate you. I bought you. You're mine. I wouldn't have bought you if I didn't like you, now would I?" Luhan smiles softly and kisses Sehun's hair. 

Sehun rubs his eyes and gets out a cracked laugh when he sees specks of pink glitter on Luhan's lips. "You have glitter on your lips, Luhan." He leans closer and picks it off with tiny fingers. 

"Thanks, Sehun-ah." 

"Sehunnie likes that name," Sehun says. "Say it again!" 

"Sehun-ah?" 

Sehun squeals with laughter and rolls around on Luhan's palm, glitter flying everywhere. 

 

"Jongin fell asleep again!" Sehun pouts. He flutters up to Luhan's shoulder and plops down, panting heavily. "He's no fun. Play with me Luhan!" 

"Chan, I don't think letting Jongin sleep that much is good for his health." 

"Shush. What do you know about fairy care?" 

"Sehun is a baby and he doesn't sleep that much." Luhan pinches Sehun's cheeks and ruffles Sehun's hair affectionately. "You're so cute, Sehun-ah." 

Sehun makes a noise akin to that of a cat's purr and nuzzles his cheek against Luhan's finger. He hold Cow in one hand and climbs into Luhan's front pocket. He curls up in there and closes his eyes. 

"Aww, he sleeps in your pocket, that's so cute," Chanyeol coos. 

"Shut up. He's napping." 

Chanyeol makes a face and opens his mouth to retaliate, but Jongin begins to murmur and fuss in his slumber so he turns his attention to his fairy instead. 

Luhan looks down into his pocket and sees Sehun  his thumb while hugging Cow, all clad in a light blue onesie with pink stars. (The fairy claims blue is an 'okay' color and would like another pajama set with blue and pink so Luhan obliged.) His gold wings flutter slightly in his sleep, secreting pink glitter. As Luhan tears his eyes away, he hears Sehun faintly whisper, "Luhan," in his sleep. 


OFFICIALLY BACK GUYS~