15.

Revolves Around You

Really short because I just wanted to write someting fluffy yet angsty at the same time.


Prompt: Sehun's busy being an K-idol, Luhan's busy moping because his boyfriend forgot their anniversary; top!sehun (Only Sehun is an idol)

Word count: 1,226


"Anniversary's coming up. What do you want to do?" 

Luhan makes a content noise fromt he back of his throat and buries his face in Sehun's shirt. "I don't care. As long as I'm with you." 

Sehun chuckles, his chest rumbling and lulling Luhan into a sense of security. "We can watch a movie. Stay home all day long. Yea?" 

Luhan feels Sehun's hand at his nape and his fingers running through his hair. "Kay."

 

"We're going to watch a movie, one of those chick flicks that he really seems to like. And then we're going to cuddle on the couch and then eat the cake I'm going to make." Luhan smiles, proud of his plans.

Beside him, Yixing nods, sleepily, and murmurs, "That sounds like fun." 

"It is! It's our first year together, Xing. It's going to be the best!" 

"I'm sure it is."

Luhan pouts and looks down at the table dejectedly. "Can you at least pretend to be interested? I haven't seen him in so long and he's finally home just to celebrate. I just wanted to tell my best friend." 

Yixing sighs and rubs his face. "Sorry, Lu. I'm just tired." 

Luhan nods understandingly and drums his fingers on the table. "It's okay. You're probably getting tired of hearing about my love life." 

"I'm not. I'm just tired," Yixing says. "And I don't really know who he is since you never want to introduce me to him. I don't even know his name!" 

Luhan smiles. "It's a secret." That's when Luhan hears the ringtone he set for Sehun. "That's him." 

Yixing hums and leans onto his hand, drifting off once again. 

Luhan picks up with a smile on his face. 

"Hey." 

"Hey, Lu, where are you?" 

"I'm out with Yixing. You were still sleeping when I left. Didn't you get my note?" 

"No..." Sehun stops talking and Luhan can hear him rustling around. 

"The blue sticky note," Luhan says. 

"Oh. Found it." 

Luhan laughs, biting his lip to conceal his smile. "So why'd you call? I'm going to be home in an hour. You can last an hour, right?" Sehun chuckle seems forced and Luhan can immediately tell that his boyfriend is hiding something. "What?" 

"I'll tell you when you get home," Sehun replies. "Enjoy yourself." 

 

"I have to leave."

Luhan's eyes widen and he looks up at Sehun with confused eyes.

Sehun sighs and continues. "Kai called me and told me that we have an interview scheduled. The flight back to Korea's going to be tomorrow. Luhan, I'm sorry." 

Luhan feels his heart breaking and his eyes fill with tears. 

"Luhan, I promise to make it up to you. I'll call you and we can talk for the entire day, okay? We can video call and still watch that movie together on our anniversary and I'll still see that cake you're going to make. I promise." Sehun wraps his arms around Luhan's body and puts his chin on top of Luhan's head. "I'm so sorry, Lu." 

"You have to leave?" Luhan asks, his voice small and muffled. 

"I'm sorry." 

"Okay."

It was expected. Sehun was an idol after all. Luhan was just the boyfriend. 

 

That night, Sehun holds Luhan in his arms, tangle their legs in the bedsheets, and presses kisses all over Luhan's body. It was perfect, except the only thing Luhan could think of was that fact that they wouldn't be able to celebrate their anniversary together.

 

"You should sleep. It's two in the morning already." 

Luhan shakes his head. "It's fine." 

"No, Lu. Sleep." Sehun smiles. "You're going to be cranky in the morning at work. Just sleep." 

Luhan pouts. "Just a few more minutes."

"You said that two hours ago. Go to sleep Luhan. I'll call again tomorrow." Sehun waves at the camera and makes a kissing face. "I love you." 

"I love you too." Luhan rubs his eyes and when he opens them again, in Sehun's place is a black screen. He sighs and leans back on the chair, leaving Skype and turning his computer off. He gets off the chair and flops stomach down on the bed. 

Luhan dreams of spending his first anniversary with Sehun beside him, not separated by thousands of miles and a screen.

 

Their anniversary is on a Saturday. They simultaneously agreed that they would celebrate it according to Luhan's time zone. Fortunately, Sehun has the day off and the moment Luhan woke, which was noon, he waited for Sehun's call. 

Except it never came. 

The first two hours were spent making the cake. Luhan felt lonely, he but knew that it would all pay off when Sehun calls. 

The next few hours were spent waiting for Sehun's call, wandering around the house, cleaning the living room, smelling and hugging Sehun's shirts, watching Sehun's group performance on TV, and taking naps. 

As night rolls around, Luhan grows impatient. Sehun still hasn't called yet. He contemplates calling his boyfriend, but he didn't want to interrupt Sehun's practice, if that's where he was at. That was what Sehun told him he had when he couldn't video call last night. He lights the candle on the cake as he waits for Sehun. Everything's set up; his laptop is open to Sehun's contact, ready to accept when Sehun sends him the call. But the ticking of the clock on the wall makes Luhan fidgety. He continues to re-light the candle when it goes out, but when it turns 11:30, Luhan begins to give up hope.

Maybe Sehun's busy. Maybe Sehun's off somewhere celebrating their recent win. Maybe Sehun just forgot

Luhan feels hot tears pricking at his eyes when the clock turns 11:48. Sehun forgot. No message, no call, nothing. 

The cake on the table is taunting him with it's pretty flowers and spindly letters. 

Luhan wipes his eyes with the back of his hand. It's 11:54. 

Luha picks up the cake and brings it into the kitchen. He blows out the candle and throws it into the trashcan. He spends a few moments looking at the cake, melted remnants of wax on the frosting and he reaches to throw it away. What's the point of eating their anniversary cake when Sehun wasn't there to enjoy it with him?

The kitchen clock says it's 11:56. Thoughts being to enter Luhan's mind. Was this Sehun's way to breaking up with him? The cake in his hands suddenly seems like a waste of time. 

11:57

Luhan opens the trashcan lid, holding the cake over it. His tears blind his vision. He's usually not so sensitive if Sehun doesn't call, but it's their first year anniversary and Sehun promised to call. 

11:58 

Luhan drops the cake inside and closes the lid. He squats down on the kitchen floor and begins to cry. Sehun hasn't called for two days already. Luhan misses him more than ever (even when Sehun was on that world tour for a month and couldn't talk with him at all).

11:59

The doorbell rings and then Luhan hears it open and slam into the wall. 

He lifts his head and wipes his eyes, sniffling. He's in no mood to deal with a burglar or whoever it is. Rushed footsteps make their way into the kitchen and Luhan finds himself staring back at Sehun. 

"Happy anniversary, Luhan. I love you." 

Maybe Sehun didn't forget after all.